Analytical Serenade [#3 on Beta, #4 on PO]

This team was built has had very good success in my opinion, and while I will continue using it, it was just an impulse to write this RMT. This team was actually formed from just throwing random sets around, like LO Sub Starmie and random garbage I threw together, eventually I built some real strategy and decided i'd turn it into a real team without further ado, heres the Hyper Offensive Team: Analytical Serenade!

At A Glance:

Under the Magnifying Glass:

Espeon
@ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Overview:
Espeon has a key role on this team. Being a hyper offensive team, screens are necessary, and Espeon is arguably one of the best screeners in the OU metagame. My set is fairly straight forward, Reflect and Light Screen to heighten defenses for my somewhat frail sweepers, and Psychic for STAB. Hidden Power [Fire] is for Scizor specifically as 152 SpAtk Evs OHKO’s 252 HP, 0 SpD Scizor, but also dents Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrothorn. Espeon is usually sacrificed early, but is also a key asset in stopping troublesome ShellPass Teams, with a combo of Psychic and Hidden Power Fire most Shell Pass teams struggle in dealing with Espeon. Espeon is very important for this teams success

Starmie
@ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Overview:
Starmie leaves me in awe, the Combo of Speed, great movepool, and decent Special Attack keeps most teams on their toes. This is without mentioning the reason Starmie is on the team, Rapid Spin. Starmie can clean up late game, as well as do insane amounts of damage early and mid-game. Rapid Spin is necessary in keeping Cloyster’s Focus Sash in tact, and protecting Dragonite’s Multiscale upon switching in. Without Starmie I’m certain this team would have had very minimal success. While Starmie can go quite a few games without being a dynamic game changer, it makes the little plays that have gotten this team to a high level of success.

Breloom
@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Overview:
Breloom is a mixed bag, but is generally more successful than not. It gets most of it’s usage in the lead scene. It is useful for keeping Tyranitar at bay and protecting Espeon a few turns longer giving me necessary screen support. Sub and Focus Punch is an age old Combination that while easily taken down is still successful in it’s own right. Spore also makes the strategy a bit more viable. Seed Bomb is important especially in taking down Pokemon that trouble this team such as Quagsire and Jellicent. But more often than not Breloom is enough to scare them off. Breloom is very important and while other Pokemon may have more Speed and Higher SpAtk, *cough Virizion cough* Breloom support in the way of Spore makes it invaluable.

Scizor
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch

Overview:
Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been called Pathetic, a Scrub, and a Noob for running Lum Berry on this Scizor. Leftovers is great as it gives more time for Scizor to set up, but with Screens not many attacks outside of Lava Plumes and Fire Blasts are going to KO Scizor anyway. Life Orb is an Option that I’ve thought about Extensively , but this takes away from Scizors longevity, which I believe makes Scizor such a tough option. But Lum Berry has saved me more times than not. Pokemon trying to Scald for Burns struggle with Lum Berry as it usually takes about 2-3 Turns to burn on average, making it 4-6 with Lum. This usually ends up with me having a +4 to +6 Scizor ready to go, and them having lost their Tentacruel, Jellicent, or Rotom-W [Will-O-Wisp not Scald]. The moveset allows for Scizor to be a counter to Ferrothorn who walls a decent number of Pokemon on the team. Bug Bite for Stab as most Pokemon struggle with a +2 Technician boosted Bug Bite. Brick Break for coverage, and Bullet Punch for the Late Game Sweeps that this Scizor pulls off so well.

Dragonite
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Overview
Dragonite is amazing this Generation, Multiscale has turned him from an Underclassed Dragon, to one of the Premiere threats of Black and White. Dragon Dance boosts my Atk and Speed. Outrage, Fire Punch, and Earthquake attain perfect coverage. While at times I’ve missed Extremespeed the coverage of these 3 moves is far greater in my opinion. Earthquake helps me deal with both Magnezone and Heatran, who can cause some issues for this team if not taken care of. Dragonite’s Lum Berry protects it from Status, and if that isn’t necessary then later in the game when most Status Pokes are gone Lum cures Outrage’s Confusion and gives Dragonite another go. Dragonite is amazing and one of the stars of the show.

Cloyster
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Overview:
To be perfectly honest, if you have Gliscor, Landorus, Hippowdon, or Dugtrio on your team, you better keep them away from Cloyster, to keep them on your team is a liability against this thing. Shell Smash has turned Cloyster into a devastating beast. Icicle Spear rips things to shreds late game. Midgame Cloyster can open up huge holes, most Skarmory are a bit too confident and Switch in hoping for an all physical Cloyster only to OHKO’d if it has received previous damage. Focus Sash allows me to take on many threats who after a view boosts can ravage my team such as DD Dragonite, Volcarona, and Terrakion. But most of the time Focus Sash is used late game to help me get that one boost up, and sweep through a battered team.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hi LampShade0wns,

This teams looks pretty good (congrats on that), but I think there are some little changes that could be made to improve it.

First, I don't really understand why do you need using Espeon over other Dual Screen supporter, as you already have Starmie to spin away entry hazards. Considering that, you could replace Espeon with Azelf, which can do a similar job but being able to set up Stealth Rock in the process, which is very helpful as it helps your sweepers getting KOs after boosting, and it helps against Dragonite as well. Here's the set:

Azelf@Light Clay | Levitate
Jolly Nature | 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock / Light Screen / Reflect / U-turn

If you are really worried about Forretress/Scizor, you can always use Fire Blast, but U-turn is great to give your sweepers a chance to set up.

You could also consider using Superpower on Scizor, as it can break through Skarmory, thus allowing Dragonite to clean up afterwards.

Not much to say, good team!

Thank you very much, I'll get to testing Azelf soon. I dont think I'll make the change to superpower, as without Life Orb it doesnt do the damage I feel it needs to. I prefer the longevity of my current set. Thank you for the rate, and I hope Azelf does wonders!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Not a bad team. Anyways I think you could do with running more speed on your Scizor, so that it outspeeds Specially Defensive Heatran. Obviously this team doesn't want Stealth Rock up, which is why you've gone to such great lengths to try and prevent it with Espeon and Starmie. Scizor is really the only Pokemon Heatran can lay SR on since not only does Brick Break fail to KO it, but by staying in you obviously risk losing it, so it would usually be the wise move to switch Scizor out if SpDef Tran is switched or double switched in. By giving your speed to your Scizor, you're essentially giving opposing Heatran almost no breathing room to set up SR, thus allowing Dragonite, Scizor, Cloyster and everything else to continue to switch in so that you can enact your team's goals easier. Sorry this rate is so short, but your team has really reached the point where only a few small changes here and there can improve it, since it really is a great HO team. Gl.

Change Summary:

Scizor:
Current EV Spread-> 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd

Mew is interesting over Espeon, but Magic Bounce is too good to pass up. Uxie is too slow for me at least in this slot. The only lead im gonna test as a replacement is Azelf

@Bubbly- I can guarantee you it was coincidence, after I started using this I started to see more and more of that team. Whether or not his came first I did this on my own.

@Honus- I will definitely give it a try, I enjoy the defensive aspects of this Scizor as many attacks such as Scarf Politoed's Hydro Pump fail to KO. Ill test all of these changes on a different profile and see how it goes!

Thanks for the Rates!!

Amazing team, there's almost nothing I can find wrong with it. However, I would suggest at least trying Uxie instead of Espeon.

Uxie @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate | Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Reflect | Light Screen | Memento | U-turn/Stealth Rock

You said that it was too slow, but it's actually quite fast with a base speed of 95. If you were really concerned about speed, you could run 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd with a Timid Nature. Moving on, here's why you should use her: 1. Much better bulk, and 2. Memento. Frankly, Espeon is kinda frail, and she'l probably only get up one set of screens. With Uxie, you have enough bulk to get off screens multiple times most of the time, giving you more set up opportunities. To top it off, Uxie has Memento, which is huge for your team, especially with Cloyster. Imagine if Cloyster were able to set up without taking any damage, making it much harder to take down. Scary right? Well, that's what Uxie let's you do. Finally, Uxie could run SR if you wanted, but U-turn is nice to create momentum.

So, is all that worth sacrificing Magic Bounce? IMO, yes, but that's up to you.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your team. It looks really good. :)

So ive been doing lots of testing on leads, Azelf and Uxie had one problem, lack of offense, while I could run an offensive Azelf it couldn't run taunt. While I do have a Spinner Starmie is best off Attacking rather than Spinning, Rapid Spin is there in case I need it. I liked the suggestions and they worked, they just werent as succesful for me. However if you want to use the team and feel better with Azelf/Uxie/Deo-D, then go ahead many leads can work there. I just prefer Espy

Hi, Your team is incredibly weak to sun sweepers if you cant get a light screen up especially as you dont have weather of your own. For that reason I suggest you should use Extremespeed over Fire Punch on Dnite. Since you have Starmie ,Cloyster and Espeon with powerful special moves Skarmory and Ferro wont be much of a problem meaning fire punch is not needed as much. Heatran could solve the problem altogether but I dont really see where it fits, if anything it could go over Cloyster and if you are willing to do this I suggest you use the Air Balloon set with Hp ice. Even if you do add Tran I still Suggest using E-Speed on Dnite because priority is always appreciated for any team. You could even try Aqua Jet ;P

Good observation, but Ive never struggled with Sun Teams. The thing is without Dnite's Fire Punch the team does have a Weakness to Scizor which could be patched up my Heatran. I will definitely Try it over Cloyster as in theory it makes perfect sense, its just a matter of making it happen! Thank you for the Rate!

Hey there, just a small point out: put 4 evs of cloysters speed in satk, coz 248 are enough to outspeed scarf Terra:)

Thanks for that, and ive contemplated it before, but 4 extra evs in SpAtk arent going to net me hardly anymore kills, and with 252 Speed Evs and Shell Smash, it can outspeed Scarf Lati@s running HP Fire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)