And a special star is born - A post-birthday and Christmas [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
(The results are in! I won't announce it here, but go here to view the results to see if you won. Thank you all for participating - it was nice hosting this giveaway here and see you next year!)

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's......Deoxys?

Yes, that's right, a Deoxys. A shiny one, that is. Only the esoteric can claim this special Pokemon. Anyway, I originally planned on hosting this on my birthday but I wasn't able to acquire a second distributor since I only have one. Before I go on, allow me to list my disclaimer:

I technically retired in May 2012 and left my successor in charge of my Pokemon cartridges. He doesn't trade whatsoever, so don't go bothering him. Given the fact that I no longer own a DS or a 3DS, that doesn't mean I no longer own any Pokemon - I still have my own reserves since the day I retired. Which means this - I cannot be a distributor in my own giveaway for obvious reasons.

Now to the Deoxys, being shiny is one of the reasons why it's special. The other reason being...this is actually my very last RNG-related accomplishment in my Pokemon career. As for the detailed info of this giveaway:

Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
EV's: None
IV's: 31/30/31/27/23/31
OT:
Falcata (Lord Scalgon) || ID: 01343
Moves: Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Ally Switch, Drain Punch
Non-Redistributable

Wait, you're asking me that if I'm not distributing, who is? That's what I was about to mention right now. Please welcome Albus, who will be the special distributor for this giveaway. In addition to this giveaway, we won't just give away a Deoxys, but also, his exclusive 3rd gen Snorunt (which is also fitting given this holiday). The information on that Snorunt, you ask? I'm about to list that now.

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: None
IV's: 31/31/31/21/31/31
OT:
RYDER (Albus) || ID: 60932
3rd Gen Moves: Double-Edge, Mimic, Body Slam, Spikes
Non-Redistributable

This will be a lottery-related giveaway. Given that a shiny Deoxys is very hard to come by, the number of winners will be limited here. So...how do you win these? Simple - just make a brief post on why this Deoxys is awesome (and you will automatically be entered into the lottery). Since I know for a fact that the amount of entries will be overwhelming, there will be only five winners. I will utilize a random number generator to determine the chosen winners. I will not spoil the results here, but I will upload the chosen numbers on YouTube (and I will link it when the giveaway ends). Many will enter; few will win. This giveaway ends on December 27th at 12pm PST.

So yes, the five winners will receive two of these Pokemon. To the future winners of this giveaway, message Albus to redeem your prize. Do NOT message me - again, I can't handle distributions due to not owning a 3DS.

So best of luck to everyone who partakes in this giveaway!

Participants:
(the position number is your ticket number)

1. Empoleon_master
2. Superbobbobbob3
3. havokchomp123
4. SlashingTires
5. Trinitrotoluene
6. Speedy Squirtle
7. leathal6
8. Shroud
9. SoulSapphire
10. TvVip (eh, might as well, I hate leaving people out of giveaways, so I'll be nice enough to put you here)
11. mirage_drag0n
12. Quanyails
13. Spydreigon
14. SnazzySwampert
15. Totalspacecase
16. LeopardTalon
17. jagged_angel
18. ShinyespeonPvP
19. MaxDome
20. Hirshey
21. Diiliy
22. Zayne
23. Andrew98gr
24. DDoppia
25. GhostPants
26. LadyBee
27. P3DS
28. Cipher Admin Lovrina
29. Tortoise
30. Menezjul
31. MagnusArcanum
32. patriots21
33. xabu
34. Hack_Guy
35. MegaKang
36. bloomcool13
37. Iggy Azalea
38. Qazoo306
39. Arhan​

Side note: Anything in this thread may be subjected to change, so do note. If I somehow missed something, let me know, and I'll be happy to edit it.

EDIT: Forgot to change nature for Snorunt.

Last edited:
Te deoxys is awesome because it is shiny and very uber hard to get as the event item that was required to get it was only received by a few thousand people.

This deoxys is awesome because it reminds me a bit of shiny scizor, one of my favorite pokemon ever. Second, it's color scheme also matches rayquaza's a bit, which is quite fitting considering they were in a movie together. And Third, Deoxy's new form is just much cooler imo.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
deoxys is one of the strongest and most versatile mons in ubers, and its shiny colors are sick.

Deoxys is zo fuckin awsm( Cartman voice) I really wish my father was a deoxys because is so buff and strong. and cant lie, he got the looks aswell!

Deoxys has always been a hard get in previous gens, let alone a LEGIT shiny one,then add those IV's-INSANE!love the fact that you can have four completely different acting mons in one. Thanks for the opportunity to own a true legend of the game

Shiny Deoxys' color scheme is insane. I like it a lot. That little Snorunt fits perfectly with the time of the year.

The Deoxys is awesome because it's Shiny, which only has a ~ 1/1200 chance of occurring. What's also really cool is that it has a perfect nature and good IVs. As the probability of getting a Deoxys that is Shiny with good IVs and the right nature is so low, that Deoxys is the catch of a lifetime, imo.

The Deoxys is awesome because its color matches this and I am attending this school and we are rank #2 in the nation right now :D
Oregon-Jersey.jpg

Oh you don't have to add me in this giveaway, i just want to share :D

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been intrigued by Deoxys by two reasons before the one it has in terms of the Pokemon's metagame. The first is of its concept--an alien virus that can shapeshift depending on the circumstance and regenerate seemingly endlessly from its 'core'. It's a rather eldritch concept, I must say, but Pokemon makes it accommodating compared to other ideas it has as a franchise. The second is from Esepibe's (the artist) focus on the Pokemon in his Infection series. Deoxys is a space virus, no? What would it look like if people and Pokemon could get infected by it? Esepibe's interpretations are fantastic in design, and he has been one of the first artists I've seen, back then, that showed how creative designing Pokemon could be.

Best of luck to all participants!

The way deoxys came out of the meteorite in ORAS after you crash into it with mega rayquaza made me shit my pants.

The shiny colors are cool too plus how many roles it can fill in ubers.

Deoxys is a very interesting Pokemon in general. Its an alien, and it's shiny colours are yellow and green which look rather strange to me, but that makes it appeal to me even more, since it fits the alien/out of the world theme better. It's also a very powerful Pokemon in Ubers, being able to run very different sets based off of it's forme. It's also funny because they say Deoxys-Normal is supposed to be balanced, when they made three of the stats three times more than the other three stats, so it's stats are: 50/150/50/150/50/150. You call that balanced?

Also, I find it very genorous of you to distribute such a rare Pokemon :)

I think deoxys is awesome because the first ever pokemon movie i fully watched was the one with Deoxys. His epic fight with Rayquaza while tryin to find his friend was EPIC. Not to mention that it is from space makes it even cooler. Even with R/S/E getting a Deoxys was difficult especially knowing the right sequence on the island.

The reason I think Deoxys is really cool and amazing is because of the whole new role they gave it in ORAS as well as the new PokeDex description they gave it describing its origin (Would say more but dont wanna spoil it if anyone hasnt seen this yet). The shiny colors just make it look so cool

Ahh I just love the shiny colours especially the green. Also deoxys is just a brilliant concept for a pokemon and the formes especially Attack Forme are so badass.

This deoxys is awesome because it would look awesome on a Christmas tree and I'm assuming a lot of effort went into getting it! Hope I win, and merry Xmas to everyone!

I've been intrigued by Deoxys by two reasons before the one it has in terms of the Pokemon's metagame. The first is of its concept--an alien virus that can shapeshift depending on the circumstance and regenerate seemingly endlessly from its 'core'. It's a rather eldritch concept, I must say, but Pokemon makes it accommodating compared to other ideas it has as a franchise. The second is from Esepibe's (the artist) focus on the Pokemon in his Infection series. Deoxys is a space virus, no? What would it look like if people and Pokemon could get infected by it? Esepibe's interpretations are fantastic in design, and he has been one of the first artists I've seen, back then, that showed how creative designing Pokemon could be.

Best of luck to all participants!
Did you know deoxys is named after
DNA or Deoxyribonucleic acid

I think Deoxy's is amazing because of the possibilities that he brings with his presence. Deoxys is a pokemon from space, who can travel which suggests that there should be other space-type pokemon, and even if not, there should be other planets or asteroids that could harbor poke-life. In addition, with the new cutscenes in the delta episode + the mentioning of other worlds, I think space would be a good place for the pokemon franchise to go.

Also, they're going to keep running out of ideas to draw new pokemon with (X&Y huge criticisms) so if they went into space, the artists could go wild with their ideas, which would arguably be better than using real-life appliances (rotom....) as ideas.

Best of luck to everyone else.

Deoxys is awesome because it SHOOTS LASERS from the chest..! Plus this one is a MUTATION OF AN ALIEN VIRUS..! It can't get better than this...

Merry Christmas to all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)