And they call it a mine! Akela vs Matezoide

Welcome to this battle deep within the bowels of Middle-Earth, where somebody is going to get rocked! Go go fight!

cool guy who uses rock-types said:
Open Challenge #1:
2 v 2 Doubles
All Abilities
All Items
2 Chills/2 Recovers
1 Sub
1 Day DQ
Nestled deep beneath a mountain, these mines are a haven for Rock-types. Regions within the mines are known to amplify sounds and carry them everywhere. Due to the shifting of the earth above, either from mining or seismic activity, sand and rocks constantly fall down. The mines are not spacious. It is very cramped under the mountain. Because this a mine under a mountain, there is no grass source. Not enough sunlight down here to nurture and type of plant. There is also no clean water source. All the water brought into the mine comes from the outside, and only enough to hydrate the miners. The little water naturally found down here is dirty with oil and sand. It is fairly dark in the mine. Only a few lanterns can be found.
-Sandstorm is treated as being active, minus the damaging effect. (This means Sand Veil, Sand Force, and Sand Rush are all triggered, and Special Attacks are reduced by 2 BAP against Rock-Types).
-Rock-Type moves gain 10% accuracy, due to the tight quarters.
-Nature Power is treated as Rock Slide
-There is a 15% chance the user will flinch if they use Avalanche, Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, or Magnitude. These moves have the potential to cause a cave-in and doom everyone.
-Drill moves gain a 30% chance to flinch, due to the rocks from above falling down.
-Rock Wrecker's BAP is lowered by 2 and EN is raised by 1, but the user does not become sluggish. This is due to the user taking care not to cause a cave-in and doom them all.
-SolarBeam's BAP is halved, unless its user expends 16 EN.
-Grass and Water-Type moves are decreased by 2 BAP, excluding SolarBeam, due to the lack of water and grass in the mine.
-Pokemon with the ability "Magnet Pull" have permanent Levitation, due to the metalic ores in the mine.
-Leech Seed, Ingrain, and Aqua Ring heal/Leech once every round instead of every action, due to the lack of clean water and sunlight in the mine.
-Snow Warning, Hail, Drizzle, Rain Dance, Drought, and Sunny Day have no effect, due to the mine being underground.
-Rock Polish can be used as a +1 Priority evasive attack. Rock Polish will evade any slower single target attack (other than perfect accuracy attacks and No Guard attacks). If used evasively, the Pokemon does not gain any speed boost. Evasive Rock Polish also fails if used after or before Protect, Detect, Evasive Teleport, Evasive Agility, or the Dodge Command or if used successively. If Evasive Rock Polish is combined with a suitable damaging move, the evasive properties granted by Evasive Agility are nullified.
cool guy who uses hipster-types said:
You are on!

1 FE and 1 LC.
(Or two NFEs)
cool guy who uses hipster-types and rock-types said:
akela and Matezoide are mine mine mine mine
Team Rock (Akela)
Carracosta [Oo] [F]

Quiet Nature (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Water/Rock
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Egg Group: Water 1/Water 3
Abilities:
Solid Rock (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
Sturdy (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Swift Swim (Innate): The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 28 [27.826] (-)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Physical
Aqua Jet
Aqua Tail
Bite
Body Slam
Crunch
Rollout
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Throw
Rock Tomb
Smack Down
Waterfall
Special
AncientPower
Brine
Hydro Pump
Water Gun
Water Pulse
Other
Bide
Iron Defense
Protect
Rain Dance
Rock Polish
Shell Smash
Wide Guard
Withdraw

Nosepass [Olmec] [M]

Sassy Nature(+1 SpD, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Rock
Rock STAB; reduced damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Egg Group: Mineral
Abilities:
Sturdy (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Magnet Pull (Can Be Activated): This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions. Steel-types cannot switch out in a Switch=OK battle while a Pokemon with Magnet Pull is on the field without the use of Baton Pass, U-turn, or Volt Switch.
Sand Force (Innate) (Locked): This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock-, Ground-, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock-, Ground-, and Steel-typed attacks will have the Base Attack Power increased by two (2). Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 26 (-)
Size Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Physical
Double-Edge
Rock Blast
Rock Throw
Spark
Tackle
Special
Thunderbolt
Other
Block
Endure
Harden
Rest
Rock Polish
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Toxic

Team Counter-teaming Hipster (Matezoide)

<Throh> [Ernie] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (+ Attack, - Sp.Attack)

Type: Fighting

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

About: While meditating, Throh was approached by the team and instantly felt Steve's strength. During their battle, Ernie showed a lot of inteligence and cunning, used Steve's own strength against him and got an early lead, but Steve managed to recover and quickly turn the tables around. After being burned by his Fire Punch, Ernie activated his Guts ability and had little trouble beating down Steve, until his Anger Point activated and a single Close Combat was enough to fall the Judo Pokemon.

He decided to join the team and train harder than ever, due to his old age, he also feels responsable to the others and greatly enjoys Tara's company, due to her maturity.

Guts (Innate):

This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Inner Focus (Innate):

When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Mold Breaker (DW LOCKED, Innate):

Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

HP: 120
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 45
Size Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 19

EC: None
DC: 4/5

Attacks

Bind (*)
Leer (*)
Bide (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Seismic Toss (*)
Vital Throw (*)
Revenge (*)
Storm Throw (*)
Bulk-Up
Superpower
Body Slam
Endure
Wide Guard
Reversal

Earthquake (*)
Rest (*)
Facade (*)
Payback
Rock-Slide

Sleep-Talk (*)
Ice Punch (*)
Thunder Punch (*)
Fire Punch

<Voodoll> [Aloysius] (Male)
Nature: Naive (+15% accuracy, -Sp.Defense)

Type: Normal/Dark
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

About: A childhood friend of Chuck, Aloysius refused to follow the team when they met in the haunted house. Several weeks later, however, the house was destroyed to be replaced by a mall. Having no place to go, Aloysius wandered the forest before being found by the team, this time accepting to go with them.
Despite his innitial lack of trust, Aloysius came to respect the others and showed to be more sociable than Chuck. He shares Rob's love for comic books.

Abilities:
Insomnia (Innate):This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Insomnia also has Vital Spirit, its accuracy is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

Normalize (Can be Disabled): This Pokemon has mastered Normal-type attacks and can change any attack type to have a Normal energy signature. All attacks used by the Pokemon are considered Normal-type attacks, although they retain the same status-enducing and other properties. The Pokemon's Normal-type attacks have four (4) more Base Attack Power.

Cursed Body (DW LOCKED,Innate): When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack, there is a 30% chance that the attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 81 (+)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 4/6
MC: 1
DC: 3/5

Attacks

Astonish (*)
Copycat (*)
Mimic (*)
Pain Split (*)
Spite (*)
Grudge (*)
Charge (*)
Follow Me (*)
Pin Missile (*)
Substitute

Psychic (*)
Return (*)
Thunder-Wave (*)
Dark Pulse
Rock Slide
Ice Punch
Torment
Endure
Shock-Wave
Vaccumm Wave
Snatch
Dual Chop
Foul Play
Magic Coat
Pain Split
Toxic
Taunt
Double-Team
Hidden Power 7 (Fire)

Perish Song (*)
Counter (*)
Mach Punch (*)
Focus Punch
Imprison

PEMDAS:
1. Akela sends out and attaches items
2. Matezoide sends out and orders
3. Akela fights back against the forces of Sauron fighting-types
4. Something else happens, I forgot what though???

I see you have stumbled into my mine. Are you sure you wish to stay and test your metal? Nevertheless, Oo! Olmec! Time to deal with intruders.

@ Amulet Coin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz2lyq7kGms

@ Rare Candy
"Long ago there lived a King in this region. He discovered a way to fashion rocks into weapons. He built this mine to further his desires for ore. It is said deep within this mine lies his first bullion. Will you discover it like him? Or perish deep within?"

Cant say i expected to find someone here.....

Lets beat him up!

I do have to agree this is a good oportunity to train.

Throh gets an Everstone and , if possible, uses his now full DC to unlock his DW Ability.

Voodoll gets a Rare Candy.

Throh: Storm Throw (Carracosta -> Thunder Punch (Carracosta) -> Storm Throw (Carracosta)

If Carracosta uses Bide, change that action to Storm Throw (Nosepass) and the following one to Seismic Toss (Nosepass)

Voodoll: Taunt (Nosepass) -> Toxic (Nosepass) -> Dark Pulse (Nosepass)

And no, i didnt mean to counter-team, Throh is just in desperate need for counters >_<

Carracosta: Iron Defense > Shell Smash > Rock Slide + Rock Polish
Nosepass: Rock Polish (Evasive) > Thunder Wave (Voodoll) > Toxic (Voodoll)

Sure you didn't mean to counter team. That's why you brought a fighting-type to a rock arena.

Well, i do admit his type advantage WAS related to bringing him here, but the main reason is because he needs training :x

Also not used to Evasive Rock-Polish

A lone torch flickers dimly, its meek light only giving fleeting glimpses of the true scale of the cavern. Even the quietest of whispers echo for minutes after they are spoken in the enormous empty space, pierced only by the finely-crafted pillars holding up the innumerate tons of rock between this mine and the surface.

And in this dark setting, a true haven for rock-types, two trainers do battle. How they got here, nobody knows, but it will sure prove to be exciting in such an epic location. Akela, brave and budding master of the hardy rock-type, faces off against Matezoide, a well-known user of underused Pokemon. They send out their trusted allies, and the battle begins.

Aloysius the semi-depressed doll, normally considered only of average speed, is lightning-fast among the other contestants, and begins the battle with dark Taunting voodoo rituals, enraging Olmec the Nosepass - or not, as Olmec polished his stony surface and rolled off into the shadows, avoiding the attack entirely! Oo the Carracosta was not so lucky, as the aptly named Ernie the Throh tossed the heavy turtle against a nearby pillar with the force of a Storm Throw, leaving a sizable dent in both of the rocks. However, Oo simply took the blow in stride with an apathetic grunt, hardening his exterior with some of the mine's ores, creating an Iron Defense. The solid edge even hurt Ernie a bit!

Aloysius manages to properly hit his foe with some status trickery, nailing Olmec with some Toxic goop, while Ernie slams into Oo with a Thunder-empowered Punch. The slower rock-types take their chances to retaliate, Olmec sending out a Thunder Wave to paralyze Voodoll down to the same speed as everyone else, while Oo slams into the pillar off his own accord! What could he possibly be doing? Ah, he appears to be Smashing his own Shell, allowing for increased mobility and offenses! Risky, but surely is will pay off.

However, Oo seems to be holding back for now, charging up for something...strong. He holds his ground resolutely when Ernie tosses him in another Storm Throw, while Aloysius and Olmec trade lethargic blows with Dark Pulse and Toxic. Oo finally releases his energy in a Rock Wave, sending dozens of scattered boulders towards the enemy team, crushing them under the weight.

Aloysius | Ernie
HP:
67 | 102
EN: 79 | 84
Stats: 2/2/3/1/81 | 5/3/1/3/45

Olmec | Oo
HP:
82 | 56
EN: 80 | 55
Stats: 2/5/2/4/26 | 4/5/4/3/28
Status: Toxic (2 DPA) | Shell Smash (+2 Spe, +2 Atk, +2 SpA, -1 SpD), Regular +2 Speed, +1 Defense, Cooldown (1A)

Nose=Evasive Rock Polish (6 EN)
Doll=Taunt (9 EN) [Miss]
Throw=Storm Throw Carra ( 5 EN) [18 Damage]
Carra=Iron Defense (7 EN) [3.375 Damage]

Doll=Toxic Nose (7 EN)
Throw=Thunderpunch Carra (6 EN) [8.5 Damage] [lol]
Nose=Twave Doll (7 EN)
Carra=Smell Shash (20 EN)

Throw=Storm Throw Carra (5 EN) [18 Damage]
Nose=Toxic Doll (7 EN)
Doll=Dark Pulse Nose (5 EN) [7.5 Damage]
Carra=Polished Rock Slide (19 EN) [22 Damage Doll] [14.39 Damage Throw]

"I love Oo baby"
Cool Down > Rock Slide > AncientPower (Voodoll)

"Deeper in these minds you will find what you seek. But will what you seek serve you well?"
Harden > Thunderbolt (Voodoll) > Rock Blast (Voodoll)
IF Taunt is used, THEN Evasive Rock Polish the first instance.

I can still help!

Torment (Carracosta) -> Dark-Pulse (Carracosta) -> Pain Split (Nosepass)

Time to see how strong i am....

Storm Throw (Carracosta) -> Seismic Toss (Carracosta) -> Storm Throw (Carracosta)

Oo, although being a streamlined sexy surfer, is relegated to simply resting from that alarming cave slide while everybody else fights it out. Ernie continues to flex his muscles, tossing Oo in another mighty Storm Throw, while Olmec prepares for the long road ahead by Hardening his skin. Aloysius unfortunately freezes up with paralysis, leaving a key portion of Matezoide's plan unfinished.

Oo then strikes both foes with another Rock Slide, and Ernie wows the nonexistant crowd with a slightly different throw, this one a Seismic Toss. Aloysius is zapped by a Thunderbolt from Nosepass, and tries to make up for his earlier failure with a Dark Pulse directed at Oo.

Oo's on his last legs now, and goes out by striking Aloysius with the Ancientpower imbued in this grand cavern, bringing the little doll within critical HP. He cannot live to see if he attack was successful, though, as Ernie the Throh smashes the cracked turtle against a pillar for the last time with another Storm Throw. All alone now, Olmec Blasts off a barrage of Rocks at Aloysius, nearly grabbing a KO - but it falls a bit short. Aloysius then reveals a wicked grin, and saps the lap force of the mostly healthy Olmec with a powerful Pain Split! Things are looking poor for Akela, can Olmec at least finish off Aloysius?

Aloysius | Ernie
HP:
30 | 93
EN: 79 | 65
Stats: 2/2/5/1/81 | 6/3/1/3/45

Olmec | Oo
HP:
52 | KO
EN: 62 | KO
Stats: 2/7/2/4/26 | 4/5/4/3/28

i also remembered rare candy and everstone, which have been retroactively applied to hp totals (not calcs though). im fairly certain everything is accurate now.

Carra=lol
Throw=Storm Throw Carra (9 EN) [18 Damage]
Nose=Harden (4 EN) [+1 Defense]
Doll=nice try

Carra=Rock Slide (9 EN) [16 Damage Doll] [9 Damage Throw]
Throw=Seismic Toss Carra (5 EN) [11 Damage]
Nose=Thunderbolt Doll (7 EN) [12 Damage]
Doll=Dark Pulse Carra [remembers normalize, has been adjusted in hp totals retroactively] (5 EN) [12 Damage]

Carra=Ancientpower Doll (3 EN) [17 Damage]
Throw=Storm Throw Carra (5 EN) [18 Damage] [KO]
Nose=Rock Blast Doll (2 hits) (6 EN) [11 Damage]
Doll=Pain Split Nose (29 EN) [+25 HP] [25 Damage]

-6 HP Toxic on Doll and Nose

Even in these hallowed halls of rock-type dominance, Olmec eventually falls to the repeated attacks from Ernie - but not before taking down Aloysius with a Piledriver, crushing the soft doll into the dust of the mine. Congratulations to counterteamer Matezoide, and a game well-played to Akela!

Aloysius | Ernie
HP:
KO | Winner
EN: KO | Winner
Stats: 2/2/5/1/81 | 6/3/1/3/45

Olmec | Oo
HP:
KO | KO
EN: KO | KO
Stats: 2/7/2/4/26 | 4/5/4/3/28

Rewards

Matezoide: 1 CC
Ernie the Throh: 3 MC, 2 KOC
Aloysius the Voodoll: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

Akela: 2 CC [Amulet Coin]
Oo the Carracosta: 3 MC
Olmec the Nosepass: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC

Me: 4 UC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)