Animal Crossing: City Folk

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, who picked up the game since it was released last week? I picked it up on the first day, and even though it's pretty much the same thing as previous incarnations, I can't stop playing it. It takes the best parts of both the original game and Wild World, and despite a couple bits still missing since WW, it really is the definitive version.

Also, feel free to post your FC and other details here as well. My in-game name is Cyzir, town name is Nowhere, and FC is 0774-7829-9336.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I'm in the UK so I'll have to wait until Friday 5th Dec to pick it up, but I definitely will.

I've just bought so much stuff (a 360 +live and games, mainly), so I'm not too eager to go out and spend more. Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
im an AVID AC fan, having played the shit out of both the GCN version and wild world. I was a big wifi guy on WW and built up a pretty elite town.

but as much as i love the games, i am too convinced that this will be an almost identical experience to purchase it. maybe you can convince me otherwise?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm in the same boat as Jackal, I'm going to need some convincing before I put it on my Christmas list. I loved WW but ehh $50 is a lot to drop on an identical game.

The only difference I've heard is more fish (lobster lol) and the city thing.

It's pretty much the same game, however there are some new things.

You can wear mii-masks over your character's face, which pretty much turns you into any mii.
You can go on wifi and play in other peoples' animal crossing towns.
There is of course the city, but it's not overly impressive.

It's just a new game to conquer.
I don't know if it's worth buying for you, but the new things are pretty cool.

There is a midna mask in the game, and several other really unique items.

FRIDAY EDIT: In my town, turnips are selling for 171 bells, and I expect that to go up tomorrow!
If anyone wants to sell, you can come to my town!
just PM me!

I heard that they got rid of the real-time system, that it plays more like The Sims now time-wise. Is this true?

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good to see this thread is getting some use. If anyone has some of the Mushroom furniture series, could you PM me so I can make an offer. There's only two more days until the end of the mushroom-picking season, and I need a few more pieces to complete the set. I still need the Mushroom Lamp, Mushroom End Table and the Forest Floor carpet.

Its not out in the UK, but I will get it when its out.

Following up on Thunderpup's post, turnips are selling for 494 bells, if someone wants to drop by to sell.
It would be good if people kept on doing this, it would make hoarding turnips a lot easier for everyone.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i cannot pay to play the same fucking game a third time. i felt like i got duped with the DS game... not happening this time!

i cannot pay to play the same fucking game a third time. i felt like i got duped with the DS game... not happening this time!
I know how you feel- the DS version didn't do it at all for me, but I'm enjoying my third run with City Folk better than ever.

I only need the floor, vysheen.

I don't think I have any extras though, yet I may be able to order them. I'm not sure if that's possible. We'll see.

Also, check this thread every day, I'll let anyone who has the game know when my turnips sell really well.
Usually 200+

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've been waiting for this thread to pop up. I've been playing this pretty nonstop since release, but I haven't had any Smogon peeps to play it with.

I'll update with my info tomorrow, right now I'm going to sleep.

I've upgraded my house all the way, Nookingtons, etc. I've finished furnishing my basement and upstairs and I'm about 3/4 of the way completing the modern set for my main room.

Jesus christ, two weeks and you've paid off the house?

You would have to have done everything perfect to get that done in two weeks.
First, nooks would have to upgrade to get the axe, maybe taking 3 days if you do it fast enough, then a fourth to upgrade, you cut down all your trees and replace them with foreign fruit from a friend's town, they take maybe 5 days to mature and 3 to produce fruit, so it would be obscene get more that 400,000 that way, even best case scenario. Then you have one day to buy turnips, which the fruit money can't have come in yet, and with fishing all day for a week, you could probably make 400,000 if the price is right.

Or time traveled.
(We're guilty of that. Not my fault, my brothers thought it would be an amazing idea to turn night into day so they could play during the night, killing 60,000 bells worth of turnips in the process)

But in any case, the main goal of the story is over for you. The game is really meant to be played casually, so that you get a few hours a day or every other day, and that you can keep playing for a good amount of time. That's why it's real time, with holidays every month. I couldn't possibly imagine nova'ing through the whole game in a month.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Or I started my file during July instead of the current date. Plant a bunch of coconut trees and catch about 200k bells worth of beetles a night. It isn't that hard.

that, and you time travelled. ~_~

only 2 days until this comes out in australia, and i'm still not sure if i want to buy it or not. while i played wild world to death, getting all the golden tools, all fish/bugs etc., i had pretty much done all this before my wifi started working, so i've never played with anyone. do you think it's worth getting mainly for wifi?

probably will still get it anyway as i love the series.

Sorry, I was under the false assumption we all started in fall.
If you want to start in summer, that's your prerogative, I guess.

Extra, I don't know.
It's your call. Christmas comes soon, yanno.

Details:

Ingame name is "Corey" and my town name is "Miami" and my native fruit is Apples, but now I have all five fruit growing in my town. Yes, I do have Wii Speak and my FC for AC:FK is 0560-0983-6043

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)