Annalysia Likes Losers.

Hello, I'm Annalysia.
I enjoy using a team that can not only perform well in the OU environment of Gen IV, but can also be a team of Pokemon I enjoy. It did require some grabbing a few Pokemon from UU and NU; however, those two end up being solid members. Here's a sneak-peak Importable.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Jolteon (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Gardevoir (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

The Team!

Mamoswine

Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
~ Stealth Rocks
~ Ice Shard
~ Earthquake
~ Endeavor

Mamoswine is one of my favorite leads. He can either set up Stealth Rocks or rip holes in the team. Sometimes he can even do both. Stealth Rocks helps the rest of the team take down the enemy. Ice Shard is a pretty good priority move while Earthquake is very powerful. Endeavor is the star move on this set, allowing him to kill things like Scizor and Starmie with an Ice Shard right after. Also, Ice Shard provides Mamoswine a way to weaken things like Gengar and Azelf then bring in Jolteon for an easy Charge Beam boost.

Jolteon

Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Charge Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolteon is fast and with a Charge Beam under her belt, she can sweep unprepared teams. Thunderbolt is for a powerful STAB to use after getting a boost, grabbing OHKOs Charge Beam wouldn't alone. Shadow Ball rips out ghosts and psychics while Hidden Power [Ice] gets a OHKO on dragons, Gliscor and Breloom while denting other grass types.

Heracross

Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Close Combat
~ Megahorn
~ Stone Edge
~ Nightslash

Heracross loves to fight, and with Guts and a Choice Scarf, he can do some serious damage. My team attracts a decent amount of status attention. Will-o-wisps aimed at Dragonite and Toxics aimed at Milotic and Gardevoir can all be absorbed by this guy. Until then, however, I keep Heracross hidden. I try to scout the enemy's team so I know what move I should lock the choice scarf into. Close Combat and Megahorn are both very powerful STAB attacks. Stone Edge gets Gyarados easily while Nightslash rips through ghosts.

Dragonite

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch

Dragonite is a power house, but does it in a beautiful manner thanks to Dragon Dance. After a single boost, Dragonite is capable of doing a lot of damage. Fire Punch helps grab KOs on necessary things like Celebi, Breloom and Scizor. Earthquake takes out things like Heatran and Tyranitar, who could otherwise cause problems for this set. Dragon Claw is for a powerful STAB move, however I have been debating on Outrage for the extra power. In this case, I'd like to change the item from Life Orb to Lum Berry.

Milotic

Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover
~ Toxic

I absolutely love this beast. I enjoy her over Vaporeon for the simple reasons of Marvel Scale and Recover. If possible, I try to grab a T-wave or Will-O-Wisp to boost her defense. Recover is a great instant recovery move. Toxic easily helps her wall many things to death. Surf and Ice Beam provide wonderful coverage on everything but Water Pokemon, which are taken out by Toxic. Milotic's walling capabilities can be very impressive, easily surviving an Outrage and OHKOing with Ice Beam.

Gardevoir

Ability: Trace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
~ Hypnosis
~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt
~ Focus Blast

And here she is, the one who started it all. I love this set, and I don't understand why it wasn't OU. Trace allows her to switch in on many things (EQs from Flygon aimed at Jolteon, Fire Blasts from Heatran aimed at Mamo or Hera, electric moves from Electivire aimed at Milotic, etc.) and then proceed to put the counter switched in to sleep. From there, she can really hurt a team. With a Modest Nature and 252 SpA EVs, she hits pretty hard. While the 252 HP EVs are for her survivability. It allows her to survive a Life Orb Shadow Ball from Gengar and OHKO with Psychic. Also a Choice Scarf Pursuit from Tyranitar and OHKO with Focus Blast. She's also the best Gyarados counter I have, easily. Switch in on Intimidate, take the Waterfall to around 1/2 health then OHKO with T-bolt. Overall, my favorite member of the team.

And that's it. Thanks for taking time to rate my team!

-- Annalysia

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm curious as to the choice of LO on Dragonite. i would suggest Lum Berry in its place as it allows you to get to +2 on thinks like Rotom because although you do have status absorbers in Milotic and Heracross you sort of lack any particular way to remove them. If they can resist much of your team so by switching to Lum Berry you get that second dance that will allow you to sweep basically unresisted.

I slightly prefer Life Orb for power, but as stated above I have been debating Outrage/Lum Berry. It's something I'll be switching around and testing, thank you for the suggestion. :]

Does anyone know where I could find a reliable damage calculator for Dragonite's testing? The one's I've been using haven't been very accurate. ^^;

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
use smogons calculator

edit : this team seems fairly well build the only thing i could suggest tho, is that you use sub > charge beam on jolt, as it will keep it safe from choice scarf flygon once gardnevoir has bit the bullet, Sub jolt is annoying to take on and ushally the opponent needs to sac something to get a kill on it

and once the server i play on comes back online i will use this team and do some testing with it if you dont mind, to help you get a better rate

I used to run SubJolteon over ChargeJolt, and I have to say I enjoy the latter the most. After that one boost, there's not much that can stand up against it. Milotic makes a fairly good Flygon counter, surviving an Outrage with more than half health left and OHKOing with Ice Beam.

I also tried running Substitute over HP Ice and it performed decently well. The only largely noticeable misses then are Gliscor (with can cause my team pain) and a few bulkier grass types (such as Shaymin).

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello Annalysia. I'm not sure if you're aware yet, but your team has a glaring SD Lucario weakness. At +2, Lucario can 6-0 your team with Stealth Rocks up( which is a easy scenario to create). Not only that, but as you use a Choice Scarf Heracross, there is plenty of opportunities for Lucario to come into a Stone Edge or Megahorn from Heracross, get 1 SD up while you're forced to switch( or keep attacking I guess...) and then proceed to run through your team. I've put some thought into the easiest fix for this without really changing your team too much. What I came up with was Rotom over your jolteon. There is a couple different sets you could try that I'm sure all would do well on your team, but I'll provide you with a bit of a unique set that did something similar to Jolteon. Here it is:

Rotom-H @ Life Orb
Nature @ Timid
evs: 252 spatk / 252 speed
-Thunderbolt
-Overheat
-Shadow ball
-Hidden Power Ground

This set will not only patch this huge lucario weakness, but it also gives you a rapid spin blocker to help keep offensive momentum on your team. Life Orb keeps that open attacking power that you liked on Jolteon, and the move selection gives amazing coverage, and Hidden Power Ground is uncommon and will thrash any Heatran trying to come into an expected Overheat / Will-o-Wisp / Shadow Ball. Good luck, I hope you try this!

Hi cool team. As Zephyr said, you have trouble with Lucario. Rotom would be a good addition over Jolteon in order to help with Adamant Lucario who is outran by Timid Rotom. However, I'd disagree with using Rotom-H. Tyranitar + Lucario is extremely common, and Rotom-H is easily trapped by Tyranitar. I reckon you could try a Choice Specs Rotom-W. Hydro Pump will definitely deter any Tyranitar from switching in for free, and it makes a fantastic Adamant Lucario check. While it doesn't check Jolly Lucario, Jolly Lucario will also fail to do enough damage to Dragonite and Heracross. So between this Rotom-W and those two, Lucario will be checked reasonably well.

Rotom-w @ Choice Specs
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Hydro Pump / Trick

Good luck.

Hi Annalysia,

Cool team! I really like the unorthodox pokemon you put in place. Although, being creative does have some costs for your team both offensively and defensively :( I'll try to path up the threats I find without changing much of your creative compilation.

I'll start off by mentioning your offensive weaknesses, and after those are fixed move on to you stall issues. The offensive threats are: fast CM Jirachi, SD Lucario, CB and SD Scizor, CS Flygon, and CS Rotom. As you can see it's not a lot, but how common these pokemon are in DPP OU is what adds to the gravity of the situation. I feel that the loose ends on your team are Gardevoir and Jolteon, but you seem to like Gardevoir a lot. As a result I recommend changing Jolteon for Shaymin(you could this in place of Gardevoir in theory), a set of Shaymin @ Leftovers | Timid Nature | 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 Spe | Leech Seed / Seed Flare / Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice OR Fire. This sets checks SD Lucario, CS Rotom, and hits fast CM Jirachi and CS Flygon hard, while still hitting the water pokemon Jolteon was suppose to hit. To check SD Scizor I recommend adding Haze over Toxic on Milotic, which also against setup i.e. CMders.

Now for the few nitpicks on your team, I suggest using Pursuit over Night Slash on Heracross, and Lum Berry on Dragonite. There's really not much else; the team looks fine imo, just remember that Shaymin(if suggestion is taken) and Gardevoir are expendable in terms of replacement on your team.

I hope this helps; good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)