Trait: Sand Rush
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Night Slash

I decided to make a new Little Cup team, and I knew immediately that I wanted to make a sand team because sand is fun and I love the defensive core of Lileep and Hippo, after some thought I decided to try stall because I though it had potential and I couldn't remember seeing any other sand stall teams in LC.

Lileep @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- AncientPower
- Recover
- Toxic

Under the sand this guy is such a champ, with the Sp def boost under sand he can take any special hit and recover off the damage. Fairly standard set giga drain and Ancientpower to do damage, toxic for fun status lols, and recover for longevity, about the only thing he doesn't like is toxic and fighting types.

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SDef / 44 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

My usual lead to set up sand and to get up rocks, he walls most physical attackers to high heaven, again pretty standard moveset it works well earthquake is for when I need to do more direct damage otherwise the strategy is to throw up rocks and then whirlwind away, slack off to recover damage switch to Lileep or Ferro if needed.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 156 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

My spikes layer, and another wall, absorbs most physical hits really well and iron barbs plus hazards plus sandstorm makes the damage really add up, I've seen my opponents loose half their health in two turns when they try and switch in on this little guy. Gyro Ball is to prevent him from becoming taunt bait, I like gyro ball over a grass move because it hits flying and ghost types harder, which I feel was more important to hit. Leech seed is to help stall and to recover damage. Protect aids in prediction, helps him get leech seed recovery, makes my opponents angry, and catches fighting types using high jump kick.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 120 Def / 80 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Pain Split

Bulky Missy to help with the whole stall aspect of this team, will-o-wisp is to cripple physical attackers and to add damage onto steel types that can't be toxiced by Lileep, shadow ball and hp fighting for coverage and Pain split for longevity. He also functions as my spin blocker, not completely set on him but so far he seems to be the best ghost type for this team.

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Later in the process of building this team I realized that I needed some sort of lategame cleaner and heavy hitter against certain pokemon, I also felt that I needed a fighting type so Scraggy made the most sense since he is bulkier over all than mienfoo and he switches into Abra well because of his dark typing, Drain punch and Crunch for stab, dragon dance because DDScragg is fun, I chose Ice punch to hit murkrow after a DD boost.

Sandshrew @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Night Slash

Lastly I needed a spinner, and since this is a sand team drillbur seemed like the more obvious choice, but Sandshrew has higher defense and I wanted something with some staying power, I run a bulkier ev spread to help with that aim. He also can clean up late game thanks to Sand Rush and his decent attack stat.

This team is a lot of fun to use, I haven't been keeping track of my losses, but I don't think I have lost more than a couple times with this team. Sad.y enough this causes a lot of ragequits on the ladder because of the staying power of this team. My general strategy is to lead with Hippo set up rocks, phaze away any set up sweepers, then switch to either Lileep or Ferroseed depending, then switch to Misdreaveaus to spin block and to burn physical attackers, then I stall them and let hazard damage and Sand damage chip away until Scraggy or Sandshrew can finish them off.

All in all I like this team, could use some advice, what do ya'll think?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello there, I noticed this didn't have any rates so I thought I'd give you one.

As with most Sand Teams, this team really struggles against Snover. To remedy this issue I'd replace Ferroseed with Tentacool. Since Lileep and Ferroseed have similar roles it's not that necessary to have both. Tentacool has fantastic Special Defense to deal with whatever Snover can throw at it and even has Liquid Ooze if Snover uses Giga Drain. It can also support your team with Toxic Spikes, helping to wear the opponent down. Here is the set:

Tentacool @ Eviolite
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 196 SDef / 36 Spd
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

Sludge Wave is so you can hit Snover and other grass-types for super-effective damage. This helps with Shroomish, who is also quite threatening to your team. Tentacool can wall Shroomish and stop it Giga Draining thanks to its Liquid Ooze.

Another change I'd make is using Hidden Power Rock>AncientPower on Lileep as Lileep is the only Pokemon that can really check SubRoost Murkrow on your team. If you have AncientPower, SubRoost Murkrow will easily wear you down. Because Hidden Power changes your IVs, the EVs need to be changed as well. Here is the set:

Lileep @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 144 Def / 28 SAtk / 64 SDef / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Recover
- Toxic

With Hidden Power Rock, Lileep will have no trouble stalling out SubRoost Krow, especially if you can manage to Toxic it. 0Atk IVs is purely so it can deal with parafusion Krow better.

TL;DR
Ferroseed --> Tentacool
AncientPower --> Hidden Power Rock on Lileep

Good luck with your team, I've always thought SandStall was an underappreciated playstyle that's difficult to pull off, so keep going! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)