Anonymous Zelda Mafia - Post game wrapup [epic post itt]

First, kudos to Jackal and BK for a job well done and testing the waters for anonymous mafia :) I was skeptical at first but you made me a believer.

Not pretending to vote truly was my biggest mistake. If I hadn't been mooned our odds would have been significantly better. Another mistake (probably irrelevant) was to get evan to give his stone mask to thunda instead of dak who could hoard it until we needed it. I'm happy about: managing to kill 1 wise and 3 powerful, getting EW to admit he was the wolf the first time I talked to him, figuring out phantom ganon, uncovering amelia's identity from posting style.

I think we had a great team overall. Kudos to Avatar for assembling it! dak was a great ally lategame (team Olivier!!). We had a plan to lynch EW the day after I died, but we couldn't execute it :( At all times, our side was pretty much run by avatar/hip/evan/me/dak. I think we did a good job given our situation, I mean, it was pretty hard to work against the mafia alliance :(

ipl: you played a decent game but the way you acted really made yourself a target. When I got off the moon, gmax and EW were all like "please kill ipl" and I was happy to oblige.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, hmm yes hip I forgot about the Flat/Sharp bit. I think it is fair to say that this was the best lie all game, although I still feel that much more could have been done.

Second ilu shiv

third thanks for reading guys :) Any future mafia hosts please do contact me I love to mindlessly babble about mafia I think its a problem I have ;x

and last of all thunda is the best

First thing: Amazing post Jackal, I enjoyed reading it all.
Second, I want to apologize to the powerful for being useless from the start, lol. I tried to keep the team organized I guess, but that's really not much.

The game was just awesome. This is my first mafia game, but I had a great time playing. The twist, the teams, the abilities, and the concept was just the best. I look forward playing in future games. But hopefully, I will be better at helping.

But anyway, Good game Wise. I never expected you to win, (Just another great twist, I guess) :D

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also him using Nayrus love night one proved huge as it saved indiekid.
In other words, I completely screwed gmax and myself by using this N1. We really would have been better off with him gone because we united pretty much right away (and he wouldn't have given all his info away... I had no idea who he had spoken to so I had to assume everyone knew everything, which really hampered my ability to lie to the powerful to try and save myself... I was going to claim Dark Link actually).

Great Game Jackal.

In my defense, I did make some dumb mistakes as I felt I had nothing really to offer the game and I felt that I was expendable after d1 at least.

It was also my mistake the first night in not realising that Zelda would be wise, and I call myself a fan of the series :P.

Also I actually false claimed to Powerful at the start in an attempt to infiltrate them... The Role I used was Sakon without realising that we already had them on a team...

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol zerowing the mask did suck ass not gonna lie

oof

also obi thats not true if farore died everyone would have seen his role pm. That was the last thing you wanted.

is that really all you have to say about the whole game though, you seem like the type that would like a post of this nature!

Thanks Jackal and BK for an awesome first mafia game. I wish I had more knowledge about it because I still think I'm a beginner at it. I really don't know how I lasted, well, I guess becasue we had the brains with the us. (pun was definately intented).

I made some alliances the first night with DeLorean but he ended up dieing right after. After which I was uneasy to who to trust then AvatarST came along with a number of courageous with him, but shortly died after, again. I thought I should stop making alliances because I was bringing bad luck for my team but I got the Triforce of Wisdom at some point in the beginning. From then on I felt like a puppet just following orders but I never really asked why certain inspections we're made so it's my fault really.

It was such a great game, though, thank you again. I just needed more knowledge of the mafia game. I'm playing every Zelda game from the beginning and I'm currently halfway done with Ocarina. (this is why I'm not on the forums or IRC much and school plays a big role too.)

Great game guys, thanks Jackal and BK for running it reasonably smoothly! The first person I decided to try to ally with happened to be the leader of the Wise, which turned out reasonably well for me since they were arguably the weakest side. My original Night 1 target was actually going to be MediCHAMP until Gouki asked me to change seeing that it was the Moon. Having the Moon die Night 1 would have turned this into a ridiculously underpowered Wise team, so they can thank Gouki for that.

Junior told me that his alias was two words and that his role was Bodyguard so I started to look at post times and other things to decide my targets for the next few nights. I also "worked out" who Hipmonlee was from the post times and made him the target of Mr. 378's one time kill. Junior inadvertedly saved another Wise member (Acredula) by telling me his alias was two words, because this led me to targeting teddy bear (StrangerDanger) who on that Night happened to have the Powerful's night kill power. Junior's alias hint also resulted in the death of a reasonably important and threatening Courageous member in Tingle.

The Flat/Sharp thing was organised by Gouki and I. Apparently he told Hipmonlee that he was Sharp even though despite my repeated questioning Hipmonlee never told me he had talked to Sharp at all. imperfectluck was also fooled by this story although I ended up telling him that it was made up anyway. This did not have a great impact since all imperfectluck had been giving me anyway turned out to be lies. I did feed him quite a bit of information about the Wise (this was my first anti-Wise move) but I believe the powerful already knew some things due to Raikage.

After I managed to obtain the Triforce of Courage I had come into contact with Brain who I attempted to organise an alliance with assuming the Courageous could not win (their numbers were being flattened at night and eventually during the day too). I was sort of worried though since although it would be unwise to kill me it was not out of the question for him to target me. Brain helped me slightly by trying to plan out the way I should go about beating the Wise, but I never got the chance to execute this. By this time we had also worked out Ganon's alias so I took the Triforce of Power. After this I contacted Gmax and after a lot of vague discussion about the sides we decided to make an alliance. Gmax turned out to be my most trustworthy ally and I made a lot of plans with him, but neither the Wise nor the Powerful (especially the Powerful) stuck to what they said they would do.

My "plan" late game was indeed to use the fact that I had the two most useful pieces of the Triforce and the team that lynched me was very likely to win. I presumed I would not die at night as I tried to drop hints that I would use my secondary ability, but as Jackal said: I never did. Anyway, for some reason Pillowrath and the rest of the Powerful decided to ally with the Wise for the Day 11 lynching and I was lynched by the Wise who also had the last piece of the triforce, which basically ended the game right there. I really wanted to lynch Amelia or Thunda because then I would have a great shot at winning by using the Triforce of Courage on the one that was not lynched and killing whichever of the Powerful I expected to have the Night kill. Killing Gmax was another stupid move by the Powerful, I am not sure what they were thinking by trying to kill my allies :pirate:. I had been "carefully" examining the numbers for lynching but I was legitimately worried about Twinrova which turned out to be something which would have been really bad for me.

If I had obtained the full Triforce my target for revival would definitely have been Obi which would have probably made things much more interesting! I am still quite annoyed at the Powerful for lynching me!

Congratulations to all of the Wise members and I look forward to future Anonymous Mafia!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)