Another Generic Sun Team!

Well, Here it is. The team's record is something like 19-3, so it seems to be pretty decent!

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The main sweeper of the team. Use sleep powder to force a switch and get a growth in, after that you are pretty much un-stoppable with giga drain, other than the pesky steel type or fire type. The steel type use hpFire, fire switch out to landorus.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- SolarBeam
- Nasty Plot

The Glue for the sun team, a DroughtTales. Usually, Switch in first turn, then switch out to espeon. This thing can be a decent support/attacker, if it really comes down to it, but i think its better to keep it healthy rather than attack.

Espeon @ Expert Belt
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Beam

A fake Choice espeon. Will wreck tryantiar with grass knot, ferrothorn and the like with hpFire, psychic for anything weak to it, and hyper beams for s&g's. Try to bounce the rocks back, they go and attack. I try to use the same attack, to fake specs, till he sends in something that resists it.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Outrage

Anti-Fire types and Dragons. Earthquake takes out most fire types without a Balloon, outrage can take salamance sometimes, and u-turn is for the pesky psychic type that tries to ruin your day.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 216 Def / 240 HP / 52 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Bug Buzz

Bulkydance. If It sets up, it is not going anywhere. Ever. Also, the fiery dance sometimes raising SA means you only need to get two quivers up, and the rest of the sa boost will come from fiery dance.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Counter

A basic blissey. I was toying around with giving it a sash then using counter against some physical attackers, but that doesnt work a lot of the time. What else can i say? the wall.

Threats-
Other weather teams-
Espeon can get tranyitar our pretty early, but i have troubles with pollitoad.

Salamance, Things like it.

Yeah, if i get salamance enough moxies, im done

Other water types-
I have a major anti-water gap in my team.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please be nice

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, welcome to Smogon! I have a few things.

**Make sure you add more descriptions to your Pokemon, or they will get locked. I see a lot of issues with this team, so I'll rate anyways, but make sure you add more things, explain your set more.**

-Hyper Beam < Shadow Ball, and Signal Beam > Grass Knot on Espeon. Hyper Beam has no place in this metagame; never use it in any serious team. Signal bean helps against dark Pokemom Espeon can't handle with its STAB.

-Please, switch Blissey's Defesive EV's into Special Defensive EV's. With all the investment in the world, Def EV's won't help Blissey. Also, if you want to ensure an attack, Seismic Toss > Counter.

-You're missing the 4 EV's for Venusaur and Espeon. For Venusaur, I'd suggest HP EV's, and for Espeon, I'd use 4 Def EV's, against priority attacks, such as Bullet Punch and Extreme Speed.

-Finally, I'd make Landorus-T a Choice Scarfer, just so you can outspeed non-Scarf Starmie, Keldeo (though, when is it ever not scarfed..) and more. Here is the set I'd recommend:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower / Hidden Power [Ice]

That set will help you revenge kill most of the non scarfed metagame, with it's Intimidate ability to guarantee denting/1HKO'ing one of the opponents Pokemon. And you don't have a Scarfer, so this would work perfectly for it.

-Espeon:
-Psychic
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam

-Blissey: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 Sp.Def
-Venusaur: Add 4 HP EV's; Espeon: Add 4 Def EV's.

-Landorus Set I mentioned above.

Hopefully you'll keep working with Smogon! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)