Another OU team :O?

Hey guys, i made a new team and it's working really well :D. It's more of a scout and momentum team, just set up rocks, then proceed to keep u turning/volt switching etc and get damage off. This team got #1 on smogon PO awhile ago, but with celebi (now kojondo)

dumpsta baby (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
First off we have reuniclus, and we all know this set :). This guy is a beast, he tanks hits pretty well, and can late game sweep or kill a big threat. After a calm mind it can potentially sweep anything not named scizor. The only real weakness to reuniclus is scizor, and i can handle him easily before i send this guy out. psyshock for blissey and other calm minders. He can tank many hits special or physical and start setting up, he also 1hko's t tar. I prefer leftys over LO on reun because i like the risidual hp over a little more damage.

fat kid :[ (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock
Oh, chansey an amazing sdef wall, i'm running her over bliss now, because she just does the set better. She takes satking hits slightly better, and can tank physical hits AMAZINGLY despite the 180 def after evo. T wave just to hit faster pokes so i can kill them later and to cripple stuff, also it makes scarfers useless. She makes an amazing stealth rock user as well, because you can just set up rocks after tanking a satk hit, or a weak physical user. Softboiled to heal off all the damage so she can continue to be an amazing tank. The only difference between her and bliss is that bliss is slightly better in the sand because of leftovers, but it doesn't really matter, she's still amazing. The only real weakness i've found is fighting types, which i have gliscor for to wall all day.

crash test (Mienshao) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Fake Out
Kojondo is a really good part of the team, its got good enough speed to outspeed jolly chomp and finish it with hp ice, and really high attack. With life orb and a 130 base power STAB move it can tear down pokemon, the only problem is if it misses and crashes :P. He helps a lot as well, because he's a decently fast u-turner which is part of the team's main point, to scout and get switch momentum. Fake out to get even more damage off which helps a lot, and it can kill low hp pokes or sashers which can stop me from taking damage or losing a poke. Mien's ability is amazing along with all of this, he can keep fake out and u turning without any worry of losing hp, because he heals it all back, even if he HJK's a ferrothorn he can heal it all back and i don't have to worry about that guy anymore :P. Hp ice's main use here is just to 1hko gliscor/chomp, and do a big chunk to many other dragons, because mienshao outspeeds most non scarfed ones, and no one really expects a hp ice mienshao.

pacman belly (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SAtk / 172 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Rotom-w is my water attacker, and he hits like a tank even against resists. He helps keep the momentum going which is the main point of the team with volt switch. HP fire is to kill nattorei and scizor because scizor is a bit of a problem but not that bad. Trick for walls and stuff, and who doesn't like tricking walls? There hasn't really been much of a problem with him, because not many people run grass pokemon, or moves for that matter other than grass knot, and if you didn't know he's very light :P. Rotom can 2hko max sdef sassy ttar's in the sand with hydro pump too, which helps a lot because t tar is very annoying.

FU reun (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
Scizor is amazing, i run him in all of my teams because he's very good. Not only can he take outrages from scarf chomp very well, but he can sweep very easily, and a 90 bp priority move helps A LOT. He counters t tar and nattorei pretty well, because for some reason no one ever switches out vs scizor. He's my main sweeper, and i can easily set up on stuff like forretress and ferrothorn without any worries, the only problem is that it's 4x weak to fire, but i have blissey and rotom for that, because most fire moves are special other than victini/physical ape. Just like the name says, scizor destroys reuniclus. Scizor is like the #1 counter to reuniclus, it can take a +2 reuniclus's focus blast w/ 30% left, without life orb, even if they had life orb it'd still live, also a +0 bug bite from that scizor does around 80% to max def max hp reuniclus.

exca mad (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect
Gliscor is my physical wall, and a good counter for most dragons. He can also sweep late game after you kill the faster things. He's my earthquake user as well for those pesky fire types/jirachis. Hes my main counter to excadrill as well, even a rock slide from adamant life orb exca only does like 20%. He can generally wall all physical attackers, and a few special attackers, like the opposite of blissey :P. I love the poison heal this gen, it helps him a lot in my opinion. He can stick around longer/it's so nice to volt switch out to him and get a lot of hp back, then protect to get more. Gliscor is an amazing status absorber as well with toxic heal, it can take t waves, toxics, and after toxic orbs up, will o wisps. It walls body slam jirachis very well because of this.

Great team. Nothing really needs to be changed. Maybe heal bell instead of u-turn on celebii. The only problem with that is it removes gliscors poison heal. but try replacing u-turn maybe with shadow ball for latios.

I recommend making one of the following changes to your Blissey:

1. Replace Blissey with Eviolite Chansey. If you're going to keep Seismic Toss as your attacking move, you might as well, since it takes special hits even better while also becoming sturdier on the physical side. Lack of Leftovers recovery shouldn't be too much of an issue, since you're running Softboiled.
2. Keep Blissey, but replace Seismic Toss with Flamethrower. This helps mainly against Scizor and Ferrothorn, which could otherwise switch in essentially for free. Having another weapon against Scizor helps you because, as you said, it's a big threat to your Reuniclus.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good, though I'd just like to point out a small error: in your description of Celebi, you wrote "Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Def)."

Do use LO on Reun because Lefties are somewhat redundant with Recover. Also, your nicknames are irrelevant to confuse the opponent, because when the see that your Scozor has lefties, they won't assume it has a choice band even if it says so... Also, it's a dick move to confuse people with something this cheap.

As said before, LO > Lefties, and use Chansey over Blissey.

nice idea, i'll definitely try chansey. also fixed on celebi, and i prefer leftys on reun, just cuz it can tank hits better, and set up easier instead of just relying on recover, especially if it gets taunted by something it can damage the opponent and heal, the extra bit of damage doesn't really matter much when it can alrdy 1hko most things after a couple calm minds, but good idea. Also if the names bother u that much i'll change them LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)