Anti-weather team (peaked at 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather teams were really starting to annoy me so I have been thinking of ways that I could counter them for a long time. Then I finally thought of the idea of using 2 weather producing pokemon instead of 1 so that way I could beat them in the weather wars. I have found the 2 best weather pokemon that go together are ninetales and tyranitar.

Ninetales (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Not really sure about the moveset but I do like choice scarf. Outspeeding pokemon is very important to me.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Posted this moveset in another topic. I have found choice scarf t-tar works the best.

Venusaur (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- SolarBeam
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Maybe he doesn't need choice specs but I do like the extra power. Energy ball is there for when I can't use solar beam because of the weather. I really should get rid of sludge bomb. Maybe sleep powder instead but it has bad accuracy and overall sleep is just too luck based.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Since weather users are always switching in and out spikes and stealth rock should put a stop to this. Also works good against non-weather teams.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect

The last 2 I already posted somewhere else.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Recover

----------

Accelgor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Final Gambit
- Sandstorm
- Spikes
- Quick Attack

This guy isn't officially on my team but I was using him for a while before ninetales and since the moveset is fairly original I want to know what you guys think. Basically you send him in against a swift swim or chrolophyl user once the weather users faints. Once he uses sandstorm the weather strategy falls apart. You could also use final gambit but your opponent might be expecting that and switch. A 1 for 1 trade using final gambit can work against non weather teams as well. The last 2 moves are mostly filler.

Not an expert, but I think you need more explanations for your Pokemon? Unless your not finished yet, in which case I feel bad for posting...

haunter

Banned deucer.
please check the RMT rules before posting again, especially rule 3:
RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)