Anti-wheather-and-setting-up Rain Team

How This team started.

One day, a pokemon battler decided to make a rain team.
He started with just two pokemon, Politoed and Thundurus-T.
He understood that just two pokemon is just not enough.
So he added a Latios for another special attacker, chansey for
a special wall, skarmory to set up spikes and amoonguss to
prevent the opponent from setting up.
But he quickly reallized a problem. If he encountered another
special wall, then he would have no way of taking it out easily.
He quickly decided that Thunderus-T had to go because of how many
trainers had a counter for it.
He tested a few more pokemon, all physical attackers, and finnaly
came to the conclusion that Scizor gave the best type coverage for the team.
And thus, the anti-wheather-and-setting-up rain team was born!

Wiggle (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

Politoed is what I use to set up my rain and force setter-uppers, such as dragonite and scizor, to run for the hills by using perish song. He can do a bit of toxic stalling with protect too. He is also built to take out other weather starters, like hipowdon and ninetales. And even though he is usually my lead, if I see a weather pokemon on the opposing team I usually lead with somthing else.

Crassel (Latios) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios is my main sweeping pokemon. I chose dragon pulse over draco metor because I wasn't using specs. And also because he has recover to get health back from the life orb. His main job is to drive physical walls, like ferrothorn, away, and use surf in the rain. It can also catch people off gaurd when they see life orb instead of me just being locked into a move with a choice item.

RunningW/Scissors (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 62 HP / 112 Atk / 148 SDef / 188 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Scizor is what makes special walls, like chansey, not cause any trouble. It's ev's are more defensive so it can survive special hits from just about anything that you want to switch into and so it can roost. One reason I chose superpower over pursuit, is so he can take on tyranitar a lot easier than just u-turning, which will prevent the sandstorm.

RedBull (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Def / 132 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory basicly sets up spikes, and prevents the opponent from setting up with whirlwind. Then he can roost up any damage he takes, brave bird whatever else and be a wall on the physical side. Much like Scizor, Skarmory can survive the sandstorm but he won't be doing much on the enemy unfortunetly. However he can also use whirlwind to switch the opponent into something undesirable, thus allowing me to make a safe switch.

2up (Amoonguss) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 28 SAtk / 148 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss is my main pokemon for stopping setter-uppers with his clear smog. He can also prepare with spore so i can switch into one of my attackers, while also not being a terrible special attacker himself. Another thing he does is prevent walls from walling me too much by using spore and repetitively using giga drain to heal up, and when it's just too much he switches out to get some health back.

BadEgg (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Def / 140 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Toxic

Chansey is my main wall/ staller, and usually can hold the battle to a standstill until I can figure out what to do with the enemy pokemon. She also sets up my rocks and uses the combination of seismic toss/softboiled/toxic to wear down almost any pokemon, such as ninetails, untill the end of the match, which she usually ends up doing since she doesn't have a reason to play offensively.

(I really need some help with Jirachis)​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)