Anything cant repel the power of this magnitude! (Standard, OU)

"The Rocker"
Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EV's: 208 HP, 76 Attack, 224 Sp Def.
Nature: Adamant
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

This is my lead. It's objective is to pass a stealth rock, while having its attack still good enough to clear a pokemon from it's path. The Special Defense EVs allow Metagross to always survive a Timid Choice Specs Heatran's Overheat, but more importantly, they also allow Metagross to never be 2HKOed by a Timid Life Orb Gengar's Shadow Ball. The Attack EVs always allow Metagross to OHKO the standard 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran, and allow Metagross to OHKO both Infernape and Gengar with a high probability. The reason why I selected Earthquake over Reflect is because with Garchomp being gone from the standard metagame, the decision to hit Infernape would be very helpful incase the others fail to kill him. The two elemental punches allow it to hit a variety of enemies. (Mainly Salamence and Gyarados)
---

"The Tanker"
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Nature Cure
EV's: 252 HP, 220 Def, 36 speed
Nature: Bold
-Grass Knot
-Leech Seed
-Recover
-Substitute

This is the Defensive Celebi, the objective is to sub, leech, then sweep. The hp ev's give it 404 HP, making perfect 101 Subs. Grass Knot for STAB and for most of the heavy pokemon used in teams. Hidden Power Fire or Ice was not used here, to benefit the leeching subs, which helps later on in the end game. This Celebi is so resilient that not even an Expert Belt boosted Ice Punch from a maximum attack Adamant Electivire can 2HKO it.
---

"The Nursing Sponge"
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 148 HP, 252 Def, 108 SP Def.
Nature: Bold
-Thunder Wave
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy

This Blissey is a remake of the Diverse Blissey, instead of using SAtk Evs to gain Ice Beam, it uses them to put it into SDef, allowing it to survive most of the Special attacks it might face. Thunder Wave is to cripple the pokemon that might/do have a nasty effect on my team (Zapdos, DD Salamence, DD Gyarados) Softboiled is to help stall while scaring opposing pokemon to switch. Aromatherapy is for clearing the team of statuses, because this team hates it badly.
---

"The Sneaky Ninja"
Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

This Gengar is a creation made via the mastermind of TheKingofHamsters on Shoddy. Choice Scarf and 252 Speed make this Gengar a revenge killer, and with stats like this, it is sure to get a KO or two. Thunderbolt is for those Gyarados's or other Flying types (Hi Zapdos), Hidden Power is for hurting steels, such as Metagross or Skarmory. Shadow Ball is for taking down other Ghosts, mostly Gengar. Psychic was a option because it was meant to switch in on Infernape and then Psychic to KO it.
---

"The Mixer"
Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/24 Spd/232 SAtk
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

This Tyranitar is god like. Dealing almost 85% to all the Standard metagame, this is the ultimate endgame pokemon. He is designed to break down walls and hit many prospective counters, while retaining the freedom to switch attacks. Earthquake is for an easier time against Tyranitar. This Tyranitar's attacks hit a wide range of types for super effective (Flying, Ground, Steel, Psychic, Ghost, Bug, Grass, Dragon, Fire, and Ice, plus Electric and Rock)
---

"The Essence of Water"
Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 68 HP/252 Def/188 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Wish

This Vaporeon is like the rest of its kind, her high HP and Special Defense help her take hits very well and her respectable Special Attack makes her no small threat offensively either. I chose Hidden Power Electric because Gyarados and Flying types are common these days, so me and Hamster thought to make Vappy use it well to clear the skies. Ice Beam is of course for the Hippos and Dragons.
---

Comments, suggestions, crit.

I would defiantly suggest 252 hp/252 atk/6 def. It can pretty much survive even CB T-Tar's Earthquake and revenge with Meteor Mash. TrickGross is just for people who are cheap, seriously, it's really gay. And to think of it, your team is pretty weak to BP SD Scizor, so maybe add a fire move here and there.

oh my god, i love that metagross lead lol. I personally would keep it for now because it seems amazing in taking out threats. perhaps meteor mash over ice punch though as shaymin-s and mence seem to be taken care of pretty well.

The only problem I really see is random offensive teams like Mence / Scizor / Heatran / Tyranitar and I would really recommend using something like a good DD Bulky Gyarados with Ice Fang / WaterFall / Stone Edge / DD. The Speed should probably me hitting high but the attack shouldn't be a big concern. Losing Vaporeon could see like a very bad thing but all in all, adding a bit more offense to the team cant hurt at all and gyarados covers threats that vaporeon has no chance in hell of taking out (mainly ddtar and scizor). If you want wish support along with it, consider changing celebi a bit to include heal bell and give wish to blissey. Wish / TW / Seismic Toss / Fire Blast or Ice Beam is a pretty neat set to use. Heal Bell isn't neccesary though so don't change celebi unless you really have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)