Anything Goes Resources

(approved by Joshz)
NUMEL'S AG ANALYSIS
"It's not very effective... Numel lost 100% of its health!"

OVERVIEW
Numel can counter Klefki, because of its immunity to both Thunder Wave (due to its Ground typing) and the confusion inflicted by Swagger (thanks to its ability Own Tempo).
However, while this is great if you really hate Klefki, Numel is totally uncapable of doing anything else. In fact, it can't even beat Klefki if it's running Hidden Power Water. All in all, Numel is as bad as it looks, and thus it shouldn't be considered for any serious Anything Goes team.

SET
name: Klefki counter
move 1: Lava Plume / Fire Blast
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Protect
item: Eviolite
ability: Own Tempo
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Lava Plume is the main STAB attack and it's super-effective against Klefki, and packs a 30% burn rate that might discourage the opponent from switching a powerful physical attacker in. Fire Blast, however, it is a more powerful option, although the reduced burn rate makes it easier for the opponent to hard switch on it and start setting up or attacking. Will-O-Wisp burns the opponent, reducing the damage Numel takes from Klefki's Foul Play, as well as burning whatever the opponent sends in, provided they don't hold a Lum Berry. Toxic is used to cripple and wear down bulky Pokémon or special sweepers in general if they're hit on the swap. Protect allows you to stall for more burn or poison damage.

Set Details
========
The EVs, a Bold Nature and 0 Attack IVs minimize the damage Numel takes from Klefki's Foul Play. Own Tempo makes Numel immune to confusion, so Klefki can't resort to Swagger to break through it. 248 HP EVs also reduces Stealth Rock damage at no cost. The leftover EVs are placed in Special Attack so Numel can hit Klefki harder, as they won't be useful when placed in any other stat. Eviolite greatly increases Numel's bulk, again to take as many Foul Plays as possible. Passho Berry is an option if Hidden Power Water Klefki scares you, however the loss of bulk is very noticeable and Hidden Power Water Klefki is very rare.

Usage Tips
========
You must bring Numel in without taking any damage at all. Any hit will dent Numel and it might not be able to take on Klefki at low health. The first thing you should always try to do when Numel is facing Klefki is to burn it, reducing its damage output and overall usefulness. Despite having multiple options to cripple whatever the foe sends in, Lum Berry is extremely common in the metagame, so most of the time the wisest option is to double switch. Don't be predictable when using Protect, as the opponent might set-up or send something in for free while you waste a turn.

Team Options
========
Numel can't take hits at all, so a wall that can sponge hits for it it's recommended. Giratina-O has excellent synergy with Numel, as it resists Water and it's immune to Ground thanks to Levitate, so it's a great partner for it. Lugia is also a good option, while it does not resist Water, it is still immune to Ground and has reliable recovery. Both can provide Defog support as well.
A status absorber can take the status that Numel hates. Refresh Silk Scarf Arceus is great at this and can beat Darkrai easily. Zekrom can't absorb status unless it is running Sleep Talk, but can force out Lugia, which would wall Arceus forever. However, it shares a Ground weakness with Numel.
A way to bring Numel in safely is almost compulsory. Baton Pass, U-turn or Volt Switch are all safe ways to do so. Smeargle is a great Baton Pass user for Baton Pass teams, and can pass Numel Moody boosts, although Numel won't take advantage of them. VoltTurn partners include Zekrom again and Landorus-I, but they stack a Ground and a Water weakness respectively.
Sweepers that appreciate Klefki gone are obvious partners, any Swords Dance Arceus forme or Mega Rayquaza are some examples, especially if they lack Lum Berry or a way to hit Klefki for super-effective damage.

STRATEGY COMMENTS
Other Options
=============
Incinerate is a gimmicky option that can burn the opponent's Lum Berry on the switch while dealing a bit of damage, but Will-O-Wisp or Toxic are superior options most of the time as they also consume the opponent's Lum Berry while statusing the switch-ins not holding one. Stockpile + Eviolite might allow Numel to take some hits, but the only thing Numel can really do is countering Klefki so it is not worth it. One can also put the universal Stealth Rock on Numel, but it won't be able to set it up on most matches. Yawn can force switches. Mud Slap can be used to annoy switch-ins, while Sleep Talk might score you a surprise burn or toxic poison on Darkrai. Both options are unreliable though. Numel has access to Charm and Scary Face too to cripple whatever the opponent might switch in, but Toxic it's a better option overall.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Hidden Power Water Klefki**: While it is rare, some Klefki run Hidden Power Water to nail Numel. Numel is especially weak to it if it's not holding a Passho Berry.
**Direct attacks**: Even with Eviolite, Numel has pathetic bulk and it will fall to any decently powered attack.
**Status**: Numel doesn't usually run a Lum Berry, which makes it very weak to status, such as sleep from Darkrai or Toxic from Lugia.

EDIT: Fixed a small error.
hey, only goose liked MY analysis!
OK, the moves seem a little redundant since you have Lava Plume and Will-O-Wisp on the same set. Perhaps you should get rid of one of them? In fact, I don't really think that an attacking move (unless it's for utility) should be run on Numel, since it's weak and not really going to be used besides when Numel has nothing to do. Maybe Stealth Rock would be a good option in place of either.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
hey, only goose liked MY analysis!
OK, the moves seem a little redundant since you have Lava Plume and Will-O-Wisp on the same set. Perhaps you should get rid of one of them? In fact, I don't really think that an attacking move (unless it's for utility) should be run on Numel, since it's weak and not really going to be used besides when Numel has nothing to do. Maybe Stealth Rock would be a good option in place of either.
The only reason whatsoever to run Numel is Klefki, and if you can't touch Sub Klefki then Numel is literally irrelevant.

Toxic means you're not useless if Klefki switches out, WoW only actual use is reduce Foul Play damage even more. Lava Plume is there because after burning Klefki you'll be spamming this as your only actual damaging move, over Fire Blast and the like because if not Mega Ray & friends switch in freely and you don't rely so much on predicting, there's a 30% chance you'll harm it.

You're both right. Stealth rock > Will-o-Wisp or Toxic honestly so at least Numel can do something if they don't have klefki, and Lava Plume is obviously needed so you can actually kill klefki.
It should have 0 Atk IVs though to minimize foul play damage.
If we really have to remove something, I'd remove Protect, it looks like the least used move. Anyway it's Numel, the only thing we really need to highlight is DO NOT USE IT.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you want to highlight that, put it in don't use rank and make the analysis "dont use it". Might write somth if I feel like it

If you want to highlight that, put it in don't use rank and make the analysis "dont use it". Might write somth if I feel like it
"All in all, Numel is as bad as it looks, and thus it shouldn't be considered for any serious Anything Goes team" - Numel's overview

If you want me to rewrite the set, then I'll do so but we should first agree on that. Neither me nor Joshz knew exactly what does Numel run as no good player uses it. WoW and Lava Plume are the only moves needed to take care of Klefki while scaring a bunch of mons on the switch. I added Toxic because I still felt it was too easy to switch into, while Protect is there because Numel doesn't have anything else it can do.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I mean having an analysis at all is overkill for something that isn't ranked. Lower tiers do it because it's policy for all FE PU mons to get one but simply having a numel analysis is more confusing than anything to newer players

Can I reserve smeargle? I've been enjoying bpass lately and ofc smeargle is the main mon on these teams.

Can someone please give me a few sample sets for Mega Rayquaza? Also, how many people actually play this metagame?

I hope this is the right place for my post.
Of course:
Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Ascent
Earthquake and V-create are also options over ESpeed or Dragon Claw

The metagame is very popular for Other Metagames standards, the ladder is far from dead

Of course:
Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Ascent
Earthquake and V-create are also options over ESpeed or Dragon Claw

The metagame is very popular for Other Metagames standards, the ladder is far from dead
Definitely run earthquake over dragon claw. The ability to cover pdon, mega diancie and klefki is pretty much a requirement.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Or run life orb mixed to give lugia a nice surprise. Dragon ascent Draco vcreate espeed or fireblast over vcreate. Sorry, on mobile.

Or run life orb mixed to give lugia a nice surprise. Dragon ascent Draco vcreate espeed or fireblast over vcreate. Sorry, on mobile.
Overheat can work nicely over V-create, since it doesn't crash your speed. Im not understanding why you'd run life orb MegaRay to beat Lugia, Lum Berry already does that job.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / V-create
- Dragon Ascent
Noooow it's OK. Disregard the other post please
Remove that 4 in HP...You want to put it in one of the defences. An odd amount of HP makes sure it isn't 4HKO'd by Stealth Rock.

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake / V-create
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Dance

Standard set, used by the majority of high-ladder.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake / V-create
- ExtremeSpeed
- Draco Meteor

Sometimes things are physically bulky (like Skarmory and Slowbro). It also OHKOs a lot of things in the meta.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Surf
- Dragon Ascent

OHKOs everything not Xerneas, Fairyceus or super duper specially defensive. My personal creation.

I believe a question like this belongs in the main Anything Goes thread, but I may be mistaken.

Last edited:
My apologies if this is a stupid question, but why are we using Mega-Ray, a Poke with 180 base attack and STAB Dragon Ascent, with a Modest 0 IV spread?

Thanks for your help AG community, I'm a little confused :)

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
My apologies if this is a stupid question, but why are we using Mega-Ray, a Poke with 180 base attack and STAB Dragon Ascent, with a Modest 0 IV spread?

Thanks for your help AG community, I'm a little confused :)
It also has 180 SpA as well, and you know I like to be unique. I thought I'd abuse the hardest hitting special moves it has. Draco Meteor OHKOs anything that isn't fairy or resisting. Surf OHKOs Groudon thanks to Air Lock/Delta Stream removing Desolate. The Dragon Ascent is only there to mega-evolve. I didn't want a -Atk nature intially and rather -SpD, but i found I was too frail. I need the speed also.

Last edited:

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My Arceus-Normal analysis, is long and is too bigs so in hide tag. i'm bad at grammar don't trust me with analyses

am still editing

OVERVIEW
Known to many as the ‘God of Pokemon’, Arceus certainly has a lot to live up to. However, it easily fulfils these expectations in the Anything Goes metagame, being feared as the metagame’s best late-game cleaner and also a threatening revenge killer thanks to its access to the +2 priority move Extreme Speed. Arceus also has an exceptional array of coverage moves, allowing it to muscle through many potential checks and counters. While this set is widely feared and extremely dangerous, Arceus’s access to support moves like Will-O-Wisp, Stealth Rock and Defog also allow it to wall menacing threats and play an important support role for any team. This Support set appreciates Arceus’s fantastic 120/120/120 bulk as well as the fact that Fighting-typed attacks are very rare in AG. Running the Support set also has very little opportunity cost, as the lack of Species Clause allows you to run both Extreme Killer and Support on the same team.
However, while Arceus is an excellent Pokemon, it isn’t perfect. While base 120 Attack is decent, it isn’t fantastic, and this paired with Extreme Speed’s low 80 base power means that Arceus can be unable to break through bulkier Pokemon. While its Normal typing means Arceus only has one rare weakness, it also has no resistances, meaning it is unable to offer much defensive synergy to a team. However, despite these setbacks, Arceus is an extremely dangerous and influential Pokemon that can utterly decimate unprepared teams, or stop powerful threats in their tracks.

SET
name: Extreme Killer
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Extreme Speed
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Lum Berry / Life Orb
ability: Multitype
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Swords Dance allows Arceus to quickly double its Attack, boosting the power of all its physical moves. Extreme Speed is Arceus’s most important move. While it only has 80 base power, it receives STAB and has +2 priority, allowing Arceus to sweep teams after a Swords Dance boost and also pick off opposing weakened Pokemon. Earthquake is almost compulsory coverage - it does massive damage to the prominent Primal Groudon, as well as hitting Rock and Steel types that resist Extreme Speed. There are many options for the last move slot, but the most prominent option is Stone Edge, which can heavily damage and OHKO bulky Yveltal and Ho-Oh, respectively. Other options include Refresh, which heals Arceus of status without having to use a Lum Berry, and Shadow Claw, which hits Ghost-types. Carrying a support move like Defog in the last slot also allows Extreme Killer Arceus to provide more support for its team, making it more helpful mid-game.

Set Details
========
A Lum Berry is the preferred item, as it allows Arceus to absorb status like Darkrai’s Dark Void once. These moves tend to be very common in Anything Goes. However, should you find you are lacking in power, carrying a Life Orb is also an option, as it allows Arceus to knock out Pokemon it previously could not, like bulky Yveltal with a +2 Stone Edge. However, Lum Berry is preferred overall for longevity and reliability. The nature and EVs are dictated by what Arceus needs to outspeed. To outspeed positive base 90s, 124 Speed EVs and an Adamant nature is enough. To outspeed other threats, a Jolly nature must be used. 160 Speed EVs outspeeds Terrakion; 176 Spe EVs will outspeeds the host of positive base 110s; and 252 Speed EVs guarantees a speed tie against other Arceus. Once Speed has been invested, maximise Attack for the greatest possible sweeping and revenge killing potential, then invest the rest into HP to increase Arceus’s overall bulk.

Usage Tips
========
While it may seem tempting to save Arceus for a late game sweep, a STAB Extreme Speed carries incredible utility in revenge killing many opposing Pokemon. If you carry Defog, use the threat of Extreme Speed to find opportunities to use them. Similarly, if Smeargle has started to set up, do not hesitate to use Perish Song.
Never, NEVER, overestimate the power of Extreme Speed and don’t be reluctant to calculate the damage, as if it does not knock out the opposing Pokemon, there’s a good chance you just unnecessarily lost Arceus.
Make sure that Arceus’s checks and counters have been knocked out or heavily worn down before attempting to set up Swords Dance and sweep. Also, don’t reveal your coverage moves too quickly, as it dictates what Pokemon on the opposing team wall Arceus. Don’t set up on heavy hitters like the Primal forms and Mega Rayquaza, but instead on Pokemon that cannot hit Arceus hard or will simply try to status it, using up its Lum Berry.

Team Options
========
Primal Groudon is an excellent partner for Extreme Killer Arceus. It absorbs Will-O-Wisp and Scald, and sets up Stealth Rock to weaken Arceus’s checks and counters. It can also throw out Lava Plume and Toxic to weaken the opposing team. Arceus may need help breaking through Lugia and Ghost-types, making offensive Dark-types like Darkrai and Yveltal good options, as well as offensive Ghost-types like Arceus-Ghost and Mega Gengar. Xerneas appreciates opposing Giratina forms and Yveltal coming out, and can set up Geomancy on them, ending the game. Although Healing Wish users are a little more niche, they are incredibly helpful to give Arceus a second chance to take down the opposing team. Carrying multiple Extreme Killer Arceus on your team with a variety of coverage moves is also helpful, as they can break down each other’s checks and counters in preparation for one to sweep.

SET
name: Support
move 1: Recover
move 3: Defog / Stealth Rock
move 4: Roar / Perish Song
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Recover is an essential move on this set, as it instantly restores 50% of Arceus’s health, giving it longevity and allowing it to stop opposing Pokemon repeatedly. Will-O-Wisp is needed in the next slot, as it speedily cripples most physical attackers. The third slot is dedicated to hazard control. Arceus makes for a long-lasting and reliable Defog user, which is incredibly important if you carry Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon such as Ho-Oh and Yveltal. Stealth Rock is another excellent option, and also benefits from the switches Arceus forces thanks to the threat of a potential Extreme Speed. The final slot is meant to shut down sweepers and Baton Pass chains. Roar is a good choice that takes just one turn to force out an attacker, and also racks up hazard damage, wearing down the opposing team. Unfortunately, Roar is completely useless if the opposing Pokemon is the last non-fainted Pokemon on their team. Roar also fails in the face of Ingrain Smeargle and Xerneas. Perish Song is another option that completely shuts down Baton Pass chains. Also, if the opposing Pokemon is the last non-fainted one, Perish Song puts it on a timer of three turns, which can be helpful in clutch end-game situations. However, it takes longer to force out a setup sweeper with Perish Song than with Roar. Other choices include Toxic, which is able to rack up residual damage faster than Will-O-Wisp; and Iron Defense, which allows Arceus to outlast almost any physical attacker. Carrying a single attack such as Ice Beam, Judgment or Return is also an option, as it prevents Arceus from being total Taunt bait and allows it to hit some Pokemon hard. A somewhat gimmicky but occasionally helpful option is Magic Coat, which reflects status moves like Stealth Rock, Dark Void and Toxic.

Set Details
========
Leftovers is the main item choice, as Arceus appreciates all the recovery it can get, enabling it to take less damage by the end of the turn. Leftovers is also exclusive to Support Arceus, as the other Arceus forms must hold Plates. The Speed EVs allow Arceus to outspeed neutral-natured max invested base 90 Speed Pokemon, the most prominent of which are Adamant Groudon and Modest Kyogre. Maximum investment is placed into HP for overall bulk, while the remaining EVs go into Defense to take physical hits better along with a Bold nature. If you would prefer Arceus to take special hits better, you can move the Defense EVs into Special Defense while changing the Bold nature to a Calm nature. You can also run other amounts of Speed investment, such as 96 Speed EVs to outspeed max invested neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon; 124 Speed EVs to outspeed max invested positive-natured base 90 Speed Pokemon; and 212 Speed EVs to outspeed max invested positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon. However, be aware that heavily investing in Speed will take away your bulk drastically.

Usage Tips
========
Arceus has excellent overall bulk, but that doesn’t mean it should be recklessly switched into powerful attacks. Make sure that you come in against physical attackers safely, so you can successfully fire off a Will-O-Wisp. If a Baton Pass chain begins or an opposing sweeper starts to set up, do not hesitate to use Roar or Perish Song as soon as possible.
When the opponent first sees Arceus, they will immediately think of it as Extreme Killer thanks to that being the most widespread set. Take advantage of this belief, and use your Defog and Stealth Rock on predicted switches. Support Arceus also benefits from the fact that no one will Taunt what they believe is capable of using Extreme Speed. However, when you reveal yourself to be Support, avoid Taunters; and when you reveal yourself to not be holding a Lum Berry, avoid status users like Darkrai.

Team Options
========
Arceus is an excellent part of a defensive backbone for a team. However, it struggles against some common offensive threats, especially special ones. Darkrai can easily overwhelm Support Arceus thanks to its access to Dark Void and reasonably powerful attacks. As such, it is generally important to run a reliable Darkrai answer like Arceus-Fairy, or a Sleep Talk user like Ho-Oh or Choice Scarf Xerneas. If an opposing Geomancy Xerneas is carrying the extremely rare Ingrain, it can avoid being forced out by Roar and can set up in Arceus’s face. A Xerneas check like Ho-Oh is therefore helpful. Support Arceus is also 100% shut down by Taunt, the most common users of which are Mewtwo and Yveltal. Geomancy Xerneas can set up on both these Pokemon once it is given a free switch-in, while curing Toxic inflicted on Arceus with Aromatherapy, which is highly important as Support Arceus absolutely loathes being put on a timer. Defensive Xerneas can also offer this defensive synergy and Aromatherapy support.
STRATEGY COMMENTS
Other Options
=============
Extreme Killer Arceus is capable of running Choice Band. While this initially powers up Extreme Speed for increased revenge killing prowess, it can also lock Arceus into an undesirable move which the opponent can take advantage of. This Arceus set can also Trick away its Choice Band, severely crippling defensive counters that rely on recovery moves and generally disrupting the opponent's plan by locking their Pokemon into only one move. Overall, however, Swords Dance offers more sweeping potential as well as less reliance on prediction. Extreme Killer Arceus also has the potential to run Fire Blast and Overheat, which utterly destroy Ferrothorn and Skarmory, two of its best counters. Another option is to run Perish Song, which gives Extreme Killer Arceus mid-game utility in shutting down Baton Pass chains as well as putting threatening sweepers on a timer. Another option over Shadow Claw is Shadow Force, for a stronger hit on Ghost-types which is unfortunately easier to play around. However, due to Arceus’s mediocre Normal STAB, it has few other options in the Anything Goes metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================
Defensive Yveltal: Yveltal easily lives any attack apart from a boosted Life Orb Stone Edge. However, if Arceus is not carrying Stone Edge, its most powerful attack is Extreme Speed. This forces it to take Rocky Helmet damage, which allows Yveltal to knock it out with Foul Play at +2. Arceus is also unable to KO Yveltal with a non-Life Orb Stone Edge unless Stealth Rock is up on the opposing side.
Taunt users: While defensive Yveltal is extremely troublesome for Extreme Killer Arceus to deal with, offensive Yveltal is a massive threat to Support Arceus thanks to its access to Taunt, which totally and completely shuts it down. Mewtwo also often carries Taunt, allowing it to muscle past through Support Arceus easily with its powerful Psystrikes.
Ghost-types: Arceus-Ghost Speed ties with Jolly Arceus, and can cripple non-Lum Berry variants with Will-O-Wisp. It also survives a +2 Shadow Claw. Giratina-O is immune to Extreme Speed and Earthquake, and with defensive investment can live a +2 Shadow Claw, while Giratina has more raw bulk. They can both Will-O-Wisp or Dragon Tail to cripple or force out Arceus. Mega Gengar forces Arceus to stay in, and can outspeed it to either do massive damage with Focus Blast or Destiny Bond on Arceus’s Earthquake. Sableye isn’t very bulky, but has access to Prankster Will-O-Wisp as well as Foul Play.
Steel-types not weak to Earthquake: Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor are either immune to or neutral to Earthquake, allowing them to easily take it at +2. Skarmory can easily phaze out Arceus with Whirlwind, removing its Swords Dance boosts, while taking little damage from any of Arceus’s attacks. Ferrothorn doesn’t easily take +2 Earthquakes, but can try to outstall Arceus with Leech Seed, Protect and Iron Barbs damage. Arceus can also set up Swords Dance on its Protects. Mega Scizor takes +2 Earthquake relatively easily and can Superpower back for massive damage.
Lugia: If Multiscale is intact, Lugia can easily outstall Extreme Killer Arceus with Toxic and Roost. However, if Multiscale is broken, Arceus can do massive damage or even KO Lugia with Stone Edge. Lugia can also phaze Arceus with Whirlwind.

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jolly Arceus is a lot better than Adamant, and Adamant should be in Other Options, not even on the official set. Shadow Claw should also be in Other Options, because Stone Edge is the far more viable choice. I'd remove CM as an option in other options as it's simply not viable. Overheat and Perish Song should be mentioned in Other Options for the first set. Arceus also isn't all that much of taunt bait and shouldn't be mentioned as a threat. Also, Yveltal does live a +2 SE.

Overall needs a lot more work, but it's not bad. Also, fix the formatting, there shouldn't be spacing between the checks/counters in the threats section.

My Arceus-Normal analysis, is long and is too bigs so in hide tag. i'm bad at grammar don't trust me with analyses

OVERVIEW
Known to many as the ‘God of Pokemon’, Arceus certainly has a lot to live up to. However, it easily fulfils these expectations in the Anything Goes metagame, being feared as the metagame’s best late-game cleaner and also a threatening revenge killer thanks to its access to the +2 priority move Extreme Speed. Arceus also has an exceptional array of coverage moves, allowing it to muscle through many potential checks and counters. While this set is widely feared and extremely dangerous, Arceus’s access to support moves like Will-O-Wisp, Stealth Rock and Defog also allow it to wall menacing threats and play an important support role for any team. This Support set appreciates Arceus’s fantastic 120/120/120 bulk as well as the fact that Fighting-typed attacks are very rare in AG. Running the Support set also has very little opportunity cost, as the lack of Species Clause allows you to run both Extreme Killer and Support on the same team.

However, while Arceus is an excellent Pokemon, it isn’t perfect. While base 120 Attack is decent, it isn’t fantastic, and this paired with Extreme Speed’s low 80 base power means that Arceus can be unable to break through bulkier Pokemon. While its Normal typing means Arceus only has one rare weakness, it also has no resistances, meaning it is unable to offer much defensive synergy to a team. However, despite these setbacks, Arceus is an extremely dangerous and influential Pokemon that can utterly decimate unprepared teams, or stop powerful threats in their tracks.

SET
name: Extreme Killer
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Extreme Speed
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Shadow Claw / Stone Edge
item: Lum Berry / Life Orb
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Swords Dance allows Arceus to quickly double its Attack, boosting the power of all its physical moves. Extreme Speed is Arceus’s most important move. While it only has 80 base power, it receives STAB and has +2 priority, allowing Arceus to sweep teams after a Swords Dance boost and also pick off opposing weakened Pokemon. Earthquake is almost compulsory coverage - it does massive damage to the prominent Primal Groudon, as well as hitting Rock and Steel types that resist Extreme Speed. There are many options for the last move slot, but the two most prominent options are Shadow Claw, which hits Arceus-Ghost and both Giratina forms; and Stone Edge, which can heavily damage and OHKO bulky Yveltal and Ho-Oh, respectively. Other options include Fire Blast and Overheat, which utterly destroy Ferrothorn and Skarmory; Refresh, which heals Arceus of status without having to use a Lum Berry; and Shadow Force, for a stronger hit on Ghost-types which is unfortunately easier to play around. Carrying a support move like Perish Song or Defog in the last slot also allows Extreme Killer Arceus to provide more support for its team, making it more helpful mid-game.

Set Details
========
An Adamant nature and max Attack investment gives Arceus as much power as possible, and this is incredibly important both for sweeping and revenge killing. This nature is normally utilised with a Lum Berry to allow Arceus to absorb status like Darkrai’s Dark Void or Giratina’s Will-O-Wisp once. Maximum Speed investment allows Arceus to outspeed as much as possible, and the remaining four EVs are thrown into HP to potentially take an extra hit. With an Adamant nature, another option is to invest heavily in HP to set up more easily. 16 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed max Speed neutral-natured base 90 Speed Pokemon, such as Adamant Groudon, while 96 Speed EVs outspeed neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon.

The other option is to utilise a Jolly nature. This makes max Speed investment necessary, as it allows Arceus to speed tie with other Arceus and outspeed the host of Pokemon slower with less than base 120 Speed without having to use Extreme Speed. However, the difference in power between Adamant and Jolly Arceus is noticeable, and so it is recommended to hold a Life Orb.

However, thanks to the plethora of Dark Void Darkrai and the occasional Spore Smeargle in Anything Goes, the Adamant Lum Berry set is preferred overall.

Usage Tips
========
While it may seem tempting to save Arceus for a late game sweep, a STAB Extreme Speed carries incredible utility in revenge killing many opposing Pokemon. If you carry Defog, use the threat of Extreme Speed to find opportunities to use them. Similarly, if Smeargle has started to set up, do not hesitate to use Perish Song.

Never, NEVER, overestimate the power of Extreme Speed and don’t be reluctant to calculate the damage, as if it does not knock out the opposing Pokemon, there’s a good chance you just unnecessarily lost Arceus.

Make sure that Arceus’s checks and counters have been knocked out or heavily worn down before attempting to set up Swords Dance and sweep. Also, don’t reveal your coverage moves too quickly, as it dictates what Pokemon on the opposing team wall Arceus. Don’t set up on heavy hitters like the Primal forms and Mega Rayquaza, but instead on Pokemon that cannot hit Arceus hard or will simply try to status it, using up its Lum Berry.

Team Options
========
Primal Groudon is an excellent partner for Extreme Killer Arceus. It absorbs Will-O-Wisp and Scald, and sets up Stealth Rock to weaken Arceus’s checks and counters. It can also throw out Lava Plume and Toxic to weaken the opposing team. Arceus may need help breaking through Lugia and Ghost-types, making offensive Dark-types like Darkrai and Yveltal good options, as well as offensive Ghost-types like Arceus-Ghost and Mega Gengar. Xerneas appreciates opposing Giratina forms and Yveltal coming out, and can set up Geomancy on them, ending the game. Although Healing Wish users are a little more niche, they are incredibly helpful to give Arceus a second chance to take down the opposing team. Carrying multiple Extreme Killer Arceus on your team with a variety of coverage moves is also helpful, as they can break down each other’s checks and counters in preparation for one to sweep.

SET
name: Support
move 1: Recover
move 3: Defog / Stealth Rock
move 4: Roar / Perish Song
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe

SET COMMENTS
Moves
========
Recover is an essential move on this set, as it instantly restores 50% of Arceus’s health, giving it longevity and allowing it to stop opposing Pokemon repeatedly. Will-O-Wisp is needed in the next slot, as it speedily cripples most physical attackers. The third slot is dedicated to hazard control. Arceus makes for a long-lasting and reliable Defog user, which is incredibly important if you carry Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon such as Ho-Oh and Yveltal. Stealth Rock is another excellent option, and also benefits from the switches Arceus forces thanks to the threat of a potential Extreme Speed. The final slot is meant to shut down sweepers and Baton Pass chains. Roar is a good choice that takes just one turn to force out an attacker, and also racks up hazard damage, wearing down the opposing team. Unfortunately, Roar is completely useless if the opposing Pokemon is the last non-fainted Pokemon on their team. Roar also fails in the face of Ingrain Smeargle and Xerneas. Perish Song is another option that completely shuts down Baton Pass chains. Also, if the opposing Pokemon is the last non-fainted one, Perish Song puts it on a timer of three turns, which can be helpful in clutch end-game situations. However, it takes longer to force out a setup sweeper with Perish Song than with Roar. Other choices include Toxic, which is able to rack up residual damage faster than Will-O-Wisp; and Iron Defense, which allows Arceus to outlast almost any physical attacker. Carrying a single attack such as Ice Beam or Judgment is also an option, as it prevents Arceus from being total Taunt bait and allows it to hit some Pokemon hard. A somewhat gimmicky but occasionally helpful option is Magic Coat, which reflects status moves like Stealth Rock, Dark Void and Toxic.

Set Details
========
Leftovers is the main item choice, as Arceus appreciates all the recovery it can get, enabling it to take less damage by the end of the turn. The Speed EVs allow Arceus to outspeed neutral-natured max invested base 90 Speed Pokemon, the most prominent of which are Adamant Groudon and Modest Kyogre. Maximum investment is placed into HP for overall bulk, while the remaining EVs go into Defense to take physical hits better along with a Bold nature. If you would prefer Arceus to take special hits better, you can move the Defense EVs into Special Defense while changing the Bold nature to a Calm nature. You can also run other amounts of Speed investment, such as 96 Speed EVs to outspeed max invested neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon; 124 Speed EVs to outspeed max invested positive-natured base 90 Speed Pokemon; and 212 Speed EVs to outspeed max invested positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon.

Usage Tips
========
Arceus has excellent overall bulk, but that doesn’t mean it should be recklessly switched into powerful attacks. Make sure that you come in against physical attackers safely, so you can successfully fire off a Will-O-Wisp. If a Baton Pass chain begins or an opposing sweeper starts to set up, do not hesitate to use Roar or Perish Song as soon as possible.

When the opponent first sees Arceus, they will immediately think of it as Extreme Killer thanks to that being the most widespread set. Take advantage of this belief, and use your Defog and Stealth Rock on predicted switches. Support Arceus also benefits from the fact that no one will Taunt what they believe is capable of using Extreme Speed. However, when you reveal yourself to be Support, avoid Taunters; and when you reveal yourself to not be holding a Lum Berry, avoid status users like Darkrai.

Team Options
========
Arceus is an excellent part of a defensive backbone for a team. However, it struggles against some common offensive threats, especially special ones. Darkrai can easily overwhelm Support Arceus thanks to its access to Dark Void and reasonably powerful attacks. As such, it is generally important to run a reliable Darkrai answer like Arceus-Fairy, or a Sleep Talk user like Ho-Oh or Choice Scarf Xerneas. If an opposing Geomancy Xerneas is carrying the extremely rare Ingrain, it can avoid being forced out by Roar and can set up in Arceus’s face. A Xerneas check like Ho-Oh is therefore helpful. Support Arceus is also 100% shut down by Taunt, the most common users of which are Mewtwo and Yveltal. Geomancy Xerneas can set up on both these Pokemon once it is given a free switch-in, while curing Toxic inflicted on Arceus with Aromatherapy, which is highly important as Support Arceus absolutely loathes being put on a timer. Defensive Xerneas can also offer this defensive synergy and Aromatherapy support.

STRATEGY COMMENTS
Other Options
=============
Extreme Killer Arceus is capable of running Choice Band. While this initially powers up Extreme Speed for increased revenge killing prowess, it can also lock Arceus into an undesirable move which the opponent can take advantage of. Choice Band Arceus can also run Trick to foil defensive counters. Overall, however, Swords Dance offers more sweeping potential as well as less reliance on prediction. Another option is to utilise a Calm Mind set like other Arceus forms. However, thanks to Arceus’s mediocre Normal STAB, this set is largely outclassed by the other Arceus forms.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Defensive Yveltal**: Yveltal easily lives any attack apart from a boosted Stone Edge. However, is Arceus is not carrying Stone Edge, its most powerful attack is Extreme Speed. This forces it to take Rocky Helmet damage, which allows Yveltal to knock it out with Foul Play at +2.

**Taunt users**: While defensive Yveltal is extremely troublesome for Extreme Killer Arceus to deal with, offensive Yveltal is a massive threat to Support Arceus thanks to its access to Taunt, which totally and completely shuts it down. On the other hand, Mewtwo also often carries Taunt, allowing it to muscle past through Support Arceus easily with its powerful Psystrikes.

**Ghost-types**: Arceus-Ghost Speed ties with Jolly Arceus, which is quite rare, and can cripple non-Lum Berry variants with Will-O-Wisp. It also survives a +2 Shadow Claw. Giratina-O is immune to Extreme Speed and Earthquake, and with defensive investment can live a +2 Shadow Claw, while Giratina has more raw bulk. They can both Will-O-Wisp or Dragon Tail to cripple or force out Arceus. Mega Gengar forces Arceus to stay in, and can outspeed it to either do massive damage with Focus Blast or Destiny Bond on Arceus’s Earthquake. Sableye isn’t very bulky, but has access to Prankster Will-O-Wisp as well as Foul Play.

**Steel-types not weak to Earthquake**: Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor are either immune to or neutral to Earthquake, allowing them to easily take it at +2. Skarmory can easily phaze out Arceus with Whirlwind, removing its Swords Dance boosts, while taking little damage from any of Arceus’s attacks. Ferrothorn doesn’t easily take +2 Earthquakes, but can try to outstall Arceus with Leech Seed, Protect and Iron Barbs damage. Arceus can also set up Swords Dance on its Protects. While Mega Scizor is quite rare, it takes +2 Earthquake relatively easily and can Superpower back for massive damage.

**Lugia**: If Multiscale is intact, Lugia can easily outstall Extreme Killer Arceus with Toxic and Roost. However, if Multiscale is broken, Arceus can do massive damage or even KO Lugia with Stone Edge.
Actually, Arceus CAN occasionally run Overheat to get past those Steels, so you should mention it both in OO and in the C & C section.
Lugia also has the option to phase Arceus.
Wallceus is still a thing? o.O anyway, you should actually mention Return over Judgment, since it is a wee bit stronger.
You should also mention that the various speed tiers Wallceus can reach severely remove from Wallceus's bulk, even though that's kind of obvious.
Leftovers on Support Arceus should also be mentioned as one of Wallceus's main selling points over other formes.
Also:
To outspeed positive base 90s like Timid Dialga, 124 Speed EVs is sufficient. 168 Speed EVs will outspeed any positive base 95s like Jolly Rayquaza. For other key threats, a Jolly nature becomes necessary. 160 Speed EVs is sufficient for outspeeding Terrakion. 176 Spe EVs will outpace positive base 110s like Froslass. Finally, 252 Speed EVs will guarantee a Speed tie against maximum Speed Arceus, which makes them unreliable answers, especially if they're using Will-O-Wisp. Once the desired Speed has been reached, maximize Attack and then place any remaining EVs into HP to improve His overall bulk.
quoted from Arceus's bw analysis, you may want to mention these
edit: hmm, i missed the mention of overheat. Anyway it should still be mentioned in the C & C section.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)