Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

The fourth iteration of the Ace Attorney series...it's been out for about two weeks now, surprised to see nothing about it here.

For a start, I like the new features and art specifically tailored to the DS. The first case only had a small taste for what I hope to be more. I like the 3D models and reenactments of the crime scene and the use of the touch screen in order to change the crime scene around. The new background images of the detention center, courthouse, etc. look a lot better than the from the first three games. And I like how all Court Record items are rendered in 3D and can be examined from all angles, like how it was in 1-5.

4-1 is also the greatest "tutorial case" to ever exist. Ever. The twist of the case reminded me of 3-4, was perhaps as good as 1-3 or 2-3.

4-2 just annoys me though...difficult start and I'm stuck yet again with no idea where to go. The panty snatching aspect is bordliner amusing and revolting. I hate defending Wockey though I like how his father wears an apron.

Noob question cometh: what is this game even about? I played the first game and loved it, but I never finished the second. I own the third and haven't played it. I didn't know how they were going to keep the series running, so what is this? Did Phoenix have a kid or something?

Apollo Justice is a completely new character and Phoenix Wright makes an appearance in the first case as the person who is accused of the murder.

Yeah I played the second one first and never started the 1st or 3rd ones I got for my birthday. :P So I'm not planning on getting it but the second one was fun!

The first one I got was the 3rd. I enjoyed it so much I then got the 2nd and finally the first. Sort of a weird way to play it, eh?

But yeah, I actually stayed up till 5 last night just to beat the last extra chapter in the first game.

I'm going to get Apollo Justice as soon as I can. It looks pretty good, and I have listened to some of the music on Youtube. Pretty cool :]

But yeah, I actually stayed up till 5 last night just to beat the last extra chapter in the first game.
That extra chapter was excellent. Sadly I never got the good ending, because it didn't occur to me that the evidence list was partially thanks to Edgeworth....

Another thing that turned me off to the second game was that they cut out Overtaked, or what I call the Objection music. You should know what I'm talking about. Why wouldn't they keep it? It was so good!

I bought/beat this last weekend. Wait til you get to case 4, it's so badass. The game has great music overall, IMO, and I thought the story was fairly engaging, although you don't really get much of Apollo's motives. Still, I was skeptical about the cast change, but I really didn't find myself disappointed whatsoever.

The first case was epic. The fourth case is also epic. I personally felt that Apollo was a weaker character than Phoenix, but the addition of Trucy made up for it :). Game 5... please come out soon...

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've only done the first case so far, but it's looking pretty good. Now to finish T&T which I ordered from the US at the same time as AJ since neither are out in Aus.

This game is excellent, but the fourth case fails to deliver like the rest of them

it builds up and builds up and builds up and then we get a short quick ending with no real substance, it's kind of meh

Overall though, awesome game.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I thought it was a really good game, though I didn't feel as connected to the characters as I did in the Phoenix Wright games. It was still really enjoyable, though not as much as the Phoenix Wright games.

That extra chapter was excellent. Sadly I never got the good ending, because it didn't occur to me that the evidence list was partially thanks to Edgeworth....

Another thing that turned me of to the second game was that they cut out Overtaked, or what I call the Objection music. You should know what I'm talking about. Why wouldn't they keep it? It was so good!
Oh, I didn't hesitate on that. I think I blanked on the whip ending in the second game, but I ended up getting it, luckily.

And there was an objection theme in Justice for All. I'm listening to it on my computer right now. Granted, it doesn't feel like the first or third game's objection theme.

Its listed as Phoenix Wright - Objection! 2002.

And although I was supposed to get Apollo sooner, my birthday happens to be tomorrow. I'm sure to get it by the end of the day :D

And there was an objection theme in Justice for All. I'm listening to it on my computer right now. Granted, it doesn't feel like the first or third game's objection theme.
It sounds a lot more fitting when you listen to the orchestra versions, but you're right, in the game it sounded kind of "off."

#4 got released already? Wow, I'm shocked. I've only played the first one, and it was an amazing game! I played it with my headphones on to get the full music experience. It was exciting! 2 straight weeks of all night playing the game. It's awesome! This one will definitely be on my list on games to get, but I gotta get the 2nd and 3rd one first.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok. I stayed out of this thread until I finished. Finished today. Amazing. Screw the haters. This game is awesome. I think Case 4 might top the third game's Case 4 for me. So amazing.

I love Klavier's theme.

I didn't like Apollo that much but Trucy and Klavier were great. Phoenix's character seems completely different, but it's been 7 years I guess.

AWESOMEEEEEE. Seriously. Case 4. OH SO GOOD.

Perception sucks though. And I miss the artwork for completing cases =(

Yeah, I really miss the artwork too :[

I beat it a while ago, but I was unsure if to bump this thread or not. Case 4 was a dream. I'm glad Suedeshoes and Meekins made an appearance. Not so glad about Wendy a couple cases prior. ;/

Trucy was ok, Ema was pretty bleh with the Snackoos, but Apollo wasn't horribly bad.

Klavier was sweet, his theme sweeter, but I still like Godot more ;]

and no Maya?
ah well
Phoenix didn't seem like Phoenix, though

Hmm... this thread has now convinced me to actually buy this game, and possibly the others in the series.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kira, buy the first game first. It's like $20 anyway so it's a great price for my favourite single player DS game. The games follow strict continuity, PLAY THE FIRST ONE FIRST. You will regret it if you don't. Each game plays off your attachment to the characters that you will only get by playing from 1 - 4 in order.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey look Apollo justice finally has a release date in Aus... >.>

Of course I imported so I've played it all. Man, Klavier is so dam awesome. IMO probably just a slight notch below Godot for not having as nice a defeat animation. He just kind of goes snobby and slightly emo. I also didn't quite like the new Ema Skye. She was so much better before, all eagre to investigate! In AJ she just followed the sam patter (with Trucy even saying the same thing, "Flattery will get you everywhere!"), flatter, use science, never use said science again... :( Also they didn't really delve much into her character other that she went overseas, came back and failed a test, and she hates Klavier...

7 years ago Trucy on the other hand was awesome! She's so cute when she gets out Amazing Mr Hat and has to jump to get the hat onto it's head :) Overall liked her. Phoenix was different, but that's about all I can say.

Really missed the art for finishing a case. Dam that was so looked forward to and it kind of felt like they were taking a hard earned award away.

For the individual cases the first absolutly rocked! Phoenix 7 years ago seemed strangely cocky to me, did anyone else think that too?

For the individual cases the first absolutly rocked! Phoenix 7 years ago seemed strangely cocky to me, did anyone else think that too?
seeing as how thoroughly he has raped basically every relevant prosecutor in existence, I wasn't surprised lol

I love this games. One of my favorites. Also I like Godot theme from the 3 Phoenix Wright) Waiting for Perfect prosecutor for now.. Hope it will be as good as Ace Attorney games)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)