Apprentice Program: Round Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Eighteen of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 4 weeks ending on April 22nd. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Available tutors:

Acura, Anomalous, Giga Punch, gotei(13) hyorinmaru, GreenPikachu, Groudon80, Floppy, Holyknight, husk, Jackal, Judgement, Jumpman16, Kongler, latinoheat, Lexay, Mekkah, Mystica, Roy, Sir Chris, skarm, Steelicks, Warthog, Who Knows, Yosuke, zerowing, zfs

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: KaMpoS
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays: 10:30pm to 2:00 am(4:00am on fridays). Weekends: Im pretty much free most of the day, oh, but I wake up at around 4:00pm(lol). Oh and I have spring break on like March 30th to April 8th. It'll be like my weekend schedule during those times.
Experience level*: I played on Netbattle a little bit before, but then took a break. Now I'm interested in Pokemon again with the release of D/P
A little about myself: Well, I love playing videogames and I'd like to be a part of the competitive pokemon community.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU(D/P if possible). Also, teambuilding and prediction.

thx for the help =P

Assigned toJudgement

Netbattle nick:
Shichiro
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): On weekdays, I could be on at any time from 4:00-10:00 PM. I won't be on all that time, you just might find me within that time. I'm usually on a good amount of time though. Weekends vary... I could be on a lot or maybe not at all. Also since Spring Break comes up during this round, I'll be able to get some time in there.
Experience level: Well, I know basically all of the information and stuff. I used to play Netbattle a while back, and I was pretty ok at Advance and RBY. But since I left and came back, I forgot how to build solid teams in advance and my prediction ability has dwindled down. RBY I'm still ok, but I still need more practice to get back to my former level.
A little about myself: Just your average kid, I like sports, especially football (as in American soccer, not American football) and hockey, and I like music a lot too. I live in Buffalo, New York.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance mostly, specifically Team Building and Prediction. It would be nice if we could have a few RBY battles too rather than me being tutored in it, just so I could get a bit better at it again.

EDIT: my tutor is welcome to message me via AIM if they like, but unfortunately I don't have any other form of IM.

Assigned toGiga Punch

Netbattle nick:
Absol 20-20

Time zone: GMT -4

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Basically, all day, starting in the morning. Typically, I sign onto the net around 10:00 AM, then I shut down around 8:30 or 9:00. I'm flexible, too - earlier would be preferred, though (my mother sleeps in the same room as the computer... >.>).

Experience level: Moderate. Yeah, moderate. I think I'm "not horrible", but quite weak in team building and prediction. I've been NetBattling on the side for a few months, now, but I want to get a little more serious.

A little about myself: I'm a bit of an aspiring elitist waiting for my rocket to come. lol I'm literally waiting for a job (got a pretty good shot at it, IMO), and this should be a good way to use the remaining time I have at home - not set in stone, though... @_@ Love chess, but there's no one to play with - not true with NB, however. Ah, and I've been playing the Pokemon games for years, but only recently have I been competitively involved.

Generation(s) I want to learn: Any. Mainly, RSE OU, but I'm interested in learning/polishing everything from RBY to playing Uber in RSE.

Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick: Blaze_Wind

Time zone: EST (GMT -4)

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays:5-9PM Weekends: 5-11PM

Experience level*: Im alright, ive been playing netbattle for a little while, but i need to learn more. My prediction skills are shaky, and I always get psyched out by opponent. I've been playing pokemon since Red. I have Red, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, and FireRed. (Pretty sick I must say.)

A little about myself: I make AMVs. NetBattle is pretty cool. I've always loved pokemon.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Team Building, Predicting, and Advanced OU/UU.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have AIM. MSN will be downloaded if necissary. =]

Assigned to gotei(13) hyorinmaru

Netbattle nick:
Saleem
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I don’t know what EDT is, but usually 8:00pm-12:00am Eastern Time Sunday through Thursday, and then 10:00pm-2:00am Friday and Saturday nights
Experience level: I just started a week ago, but I’m well on my way to my first decent team.
A little about myself: Ive always loved pokemon, and I have been coming into and out of it forever. With the release of D/P, I plan on joining a clan and owning. It wasn’t until like last week that I learned of EV training, and im struggling to make a team, although my first one is almost done.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Mostly R/S/E(all of advance), and possibly D/P later on after I know how to work with R/S/E (if I can’t do D/P, that’s fine, I might have enough experience to figure it out on my own after R/S/E)

EDIT: I can be contacted through MSN mainly, but i can download AIM if necessary.

Assigned to GreenPikachu

Netbattle Nick: Ashen
Time Zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours: 3PM-8PM (depending on events) weekdays, 10AM-whenever (again, depending on events) weekends
Experience level*: Above-average, but not quite to the competitive level
A little about myself: I'm hoping to play competitively once DP comes out (over Wi-Fi), so getting practice now would be a very good thing. I've played for a LONG time (since the RBY days!), but just in-game, so I haven't done that much battling. (still love the in-game experience, though!)
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU/UU (gaining more advanced skills beyond in-game winning [team building, combos, EVs, etc.])

I can also be contacted through AIM or MSN.

Assigned toGroudon80

Netbattle nick:
Klungar (with various suffixes that designate my current team i.e. "Klungar [TohoV2]")

Time zone: CDT

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Classes end at 4 pm, so I'm pretty much available any time from 4:30 pm to 1 am when I usually get to sleep. Weekends are pretty much completely wide open, so whatever works best for you is fine with me.

Experience level: I camped to buy Blue on launch day, so I've been around awhile. I've spent quite a few years lurking at Azure Heights, but I never really did any battleing myself. My problem was always that I didn't have any friends who played, so I was stuck battleing the AI. I dabbled a little bit in GSBot during its heyday, but nothing serious, and nothing since then. With D/P coming out soon, and WiFi making it easier to battle actual people, I figure I need to work on my skills (or lack thereof).

A little about myself: Life-long gamer, currently moonlighting as a college student, majoring in Computer Engineering.

Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, Team building, and prediction. Anything that can help me prepare for this and future generations.

Assigned to Floppy

Netbattle Nick: Some variation of TheMusicMan, Rand al'Thor
Timezone: EDT (GMT-4 iirc)
Regular online hours: I'm in college so im usually on late at night (I'm usually on no later than 11 PM EDT and usually never off before 2-3 AM, sometimes 4 AM), and sometimes during the day, though I work during the day sometimes so night time is best.
Experience level: I play GSC mostly, so I know what im doing somewhat there... I've been playing RBY/ADV more lately, and have gotten better, but I still need major help.
A little about myself: A lot of you may know me by name, but I am still really a new user when it comes to the battling aspect of quite a few metagames in Netbattle. Also noting that I will be around a lot more consistently now than I have been the last few months.
Generations I want to learn: GSC UU, RBY OU, ADV UU, ADV Ubers, and RBY UU, in that order.

Assigned toHolyknight

Netbattle nick
: Apollo IV
Regular Online Hours: 8 - 9 usually, but can accommodate if need be
Experience level: Decent
A little about myself: I can predict but sometimes I just lose and don't know why
Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE, OU, UU, Ubers, everything about RSE

Assigned to husk

Netbattle nick:Karakura Yellow
Time zone:CDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):4:00 PM to 10:00 PM on weekdays, 11:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekends
Experience level*:A little about myself:I am a pretty good battler in every generation but GSC OU. I struggle in EVs in RSE OU but can make flawless plays in any generation if given a team.
Generation(s) I want to learn:RBY OU, GSC OU, RSE OU

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: Akumu
Regular online hours(EDT):sporadically between 3:00 and 8:30
Experience level: Im So-SO
A little about myself: I dislike using standard movesets but usually have to cuz i suck at making my own
Generation(s) i want to learn:RBY OU

Assigned to Jumpman16

NB Nick: Konako
Time Zone: 9 AM - 6 PM MST (Sorry, I dunno if EST is 2 or 3 ahead.(I will not be on during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th until ~4 PM, I have school testing))
Experience Level: I'm really not that good.
A little bit about myself: Uh, I dunno.
Gens I want to learn: Adv, including D/P if possible.

I would like to learn team building for the most part, but I would also like to learn some battling skills.

Assigned to zerowing

Netbattle nick: I've never used pokemon netbattle :(:(
Time zone: EST (GMT-5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): If EDT = EST, then my online hours would be around 2PM-6PM and 9PM-12AM
Experience level: Extremely inexperienced when it comes to competitive pokemon battling, (I have played all the other pokemon games, but only in the main story mode, never battling a real person before)
A little about myself: I'm just an average kid, working through college (way easy) and trying to get into some good games in the meanwhile.
Generation(s) I want to learn: If by generations you mean things you want to learn, then I wouldn't mind if someone taught me the basics (and advanced concepts if you so desire) about competitive pokemon battling. I'd like to learn about breeding and training my pokemon to be at the top of their game. But if by generations you mean the different pokemon generations, then I'd be grateful just to learn about the pokemon in Diamond/Pearl and R/S/E.

If you do not accept people as inexperienced as me to your tutoring groups, then I understand and am terribly sorry for wasting your time. I wish you all good day. :)

Assigned tolatinoheat

Netbattle nick:
Sexylady
Time zone: central
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): on week days i should be avaiable from 4pm to 10pm. I am no longer working and will possible be online all weekend as i do flash animation.
Experience level: I know the basics. being playing since yellow verision but just recently found out about Evs, Ivs. So i am new in that department and pretty much new to competetive.
A little about myself: I do flash animation. And is time consuming so i spent quite a while on my computer.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Well advance of course. I want to learn the neccesary to be good ate competetive.

Edit: i am not a real sexy lady. i am a guy. It's just that by having a name like that makes it easier to find people who will accept challenges etc.

Assigned to Mystica

Netbattle nick: masterryanx
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Friday and Saturday 8:00 -11:00 PM
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've been a Pokemon fan almost since day 1. I've played every game and know most stuff inside and out for the anime, manga, TCG, and to an extent the video games. I'm asking to be in the program because I've always felt like my game needed more strategy, I hardly have time to play (weekends only) so that never helped much either. I just think my strategy needs help. My movesets aren't the best (n00bsets, I call them), and I suck at team building and I'd like to learn more about how to use abilities and hold items to their fullest. Since D/P is quickly approaching I'd like to be at the top of my game for anyone who'd like to challenge me via Wi-Fi.
Generation(s) I want to learn: 3rd with how would you say it, a conversion to the 4th. (The whole battle system change thing...)

Thanks Smogon for this unique opportunity!
-Ryan

Assigned toMekkah

Netbattle nick
: PatTar
Time zone: GMT -8
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): about 6-8pm. i'm on a lot on Wednesdays (about 2-6pm) and on Weekends (almost all day, unless something comes up)
Experience level*: my experience is good, in the regular metagame, but i have no experience in 200 or GSC
A little about myself: i like pokemon.
Generation(s) I want to learn: 200 Mode / GSC OU.

Assigned toRoy

Netbattle nick: Sparks / Buckethead

Time zone: GMT

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5 - 11 PM weekdays and however much i want on weekends. Usually would be 12PM - 3 AM, Depends on if im doing something else.

Experience level*: Used to play NB alot last year, now I only play somtimes. I took a break but now I returned and need some help from the pro's. I am quite a good battler myself now, just not that great and I wanna improve. I think I would still be considered slightly above average. I want to get involved in the Smogon community also.

A little about myself: Like to NB alot. Want to get more involved in Smogon.

Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV

Assigned to Sir Chris

Netbattle nick: CPU/CPU V2.0
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4:00-5:30 PM, maybe later.
Experience level*: Moderate; I can beat my foes with a bit of luck, but I'd prefer to win by skill.
A little about myself: I know alot about movepools and stats, but I'm not the best at predicting.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, ADV UU

Assigned to Who Knows

Netbattle nick:R.E.L. or Inviciblepokemaster
Time zone:GMT+2
Regular Online Hours:1:30-2:00,9:20- 15:00 EDT (GMT-4)
Experience level:Medium
A little about myself:Nothing
Generation(s) I want to learn:Advance OU/UU,DP (OU\Ubers) maybe

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: Mikal Ebok

Time zone: EST (GMT-5)

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6pm - 12am Week days

Experience level*: New To NB. I have played the GBA games since Yellow but I have never considered building teams for tactical purposes like in NB. I have a good knowledge of the moveset and would like to learn as much as possible.

A little about myself: I have been a fan of the Pokemon games since Yellow. I travel alot for work and with D/P being WiFi I am interested in learning as much as I can about building a team that can hold its own. I have become extremely interested in breeding, EVs, Natures, etc. I recently found NB and it sparked my interest even further.

Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, Team building, and prediction. Anything that can help me prepare for this and future generations.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Assigned to Lexay

Netbattle nick:
WER
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4PM-6PM, 7PM-12AM weekdays
Experience level*: I know the basics, I just want to get good.
A little about myself: I was recently named a moderator on another site where the kids don't know much about Pokemon, and I'd like to help them figure out what to do.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV Uber, OU, UU, and NU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)