Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Lord Ninjax
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown nickname: Lord Ninjax
Time zone and Hours of availability: IST, generally at 9:00-10:00 pm on weekdays, and from 4:00 pm onwards on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, but help in XY OU and BW OU would be appreciated as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fringe player on Showdown and Smogon, who does well in my own area. Basically, I just want to get to a higher level of battling, and contribution, so I think a tutor program would be good for me. I'm interested in ADV because its apparently a tier that will suit my play style. Aside from that, I'm a high school student in India who likes reading, basketball and playing piano. I got Pokemon Pearl when I was 8 and since then Pokemon has been my favorite hobby, though I only got into competitive battling 6 months ago.
Will you be willing to do tutor talk threads on your tutors?: Sure. Just tell me what exactly it is.
Are you interested in playing for the round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, why not? I like tournaments

Last edited:
Username: SOVIET
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SOVIET
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6pm - 12pm EST
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 19 years old in college right now. I want to be better than jasonpwn one day.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Username: Max Carvalho
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Big Mamoswine (showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3 I study at the morning. Usually avaiable at 2p.m to 7p.m, but I am flexible with this.
What tier do you want to learn?: xy vgc if possible, but xy ou could help too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am brazilian, studing in the 7th grade right now. I like soccer, books, games and food. I can learn things fast and I usually am patient. My favorite tier is lc and I would like to improve my knowledge in vgc, which I have no idea how to play.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Sure, whynaut?
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, whynaut?

Username: Shur'tugal
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Templar Haytham
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5.5, available from 11 AM to 4 PM and then again from 7:30 to 12:30 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC, XY OU and XY Ubers (in order of preference )
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student from India, and a long-time Pokemon player. I started competitively battling in August, and was alright for a while, but I'm rusty now. I like to chat about random things, and I'm a big fan of movies and basketball. I also play Assassin's Creed often.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely.
Why I have less than 25 posts: Truth be told, I'm afraid that I would end up posting incorrectly and giving bad advice. Which is why I turned to B101, so I could improve and hopefully help others as well. =)

Username: Xelus Shnider
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Xelus Shnider
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All hours of the day, my schedule can be changed to fit my tutor.
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Started Pokemon from Red/Blue, played till Black and White, skipping that generation entirely then coming back in 6th Gen. The designs of a lot of pokemon were big turn aways but after becoming competative I've grown a serious appreciation of nearly all pokemon as they all have their uses in their respective tiers.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

25 Posts: Well I took a break between last month and this month so I haven't been on the forums as of much.

I have been skipped last round

Username: JuniBoy
Pokemon Showdown Username: JuniBoy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -4:00) Tuesday and Thursday I cant, the other days I'm available in the morning until 12:30pm and all day after 4pm saturdays and sundays all day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY Ubers and XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I've played all pokemon games exept platinum, diamond and pearl, I know very well the first and second generation of pokemon and about the megas too, after Johto I stopped watching the anime, but I dont know how to build a competitive team and still need training battling. Btw I speak spanish too.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah

25 post: Well I'm a newbie in this competitive battles of pokemon and I was just getting all the info that I could and asking in the chat, just for be on day.

Last edited:
Username: Emi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emilet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 but VERY flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Played this game on/off for so many years. Still terrible. Hopefully with the help of a wonderful tutor this is the year I breakout.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course

Skipped last two rounds

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
SKIPPED LAST 2 ROUNDS

Username
: Memoric
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Memoric
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, summer break, available anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, or XY Doubles if there is no room
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Filipino, a student. I've only started playing last September, but I feel like I've accumulated enough skill, I guess. I like to teambuild and all of that, since I like to mix and match stuff. As for my personal life, I'm 9th Grade (next school year[I dunno if it's different in other countries]) and writes for the school paper. I like to listen to Taylor Swift. And sleep, I like to sleep e.e

I'm hoping I get tutored in XY OU, as I feel that it will help me tremendously. XY Doubles, I'm interested in that too; I feel like I have some game for it. Maybe .__.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah ok
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

Username: VictiniPlz
Pokemon Showdown Username: Gon Zoldyck
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Availability Varies but usually most of the day any day except Tuesday/Thursday. On those days' I'm available after 4PM EST.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a University student, and the first game I ever owned was Pokemon Yellow way back in the day. I used to get a Pokemon game from every generation, but for some reason I didn't play Diamond much, and ended up just growing out of it I guess. With the release of XY though, I've gotten back into it and have been really interested in competitive battling. However, I've been having trouble improving much, so I'm looking for help. The reason I don't have 25 posts is 2 fold. One reason is that I don't wanna give advice about something I don't really know that much about, and second is I typically don't post very much on any forum.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, if schedule allows (It probably will)

Username: Ticcyboy
Pokemon Showdown Username: Daim Bar x
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 5pm-11pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles, VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 21 years old have played pokemon ever since red and blue started to play a bit of competitive pokemon in gen 5 but want to get back into it now. Don’t really know the metagame right now and would really like a tutor to help me learn and to teach me how to team build.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes if I’m available!

Last edited:
Username: deepbluejeer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: deepbluejeer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC +8:00, time is flexible but I'm most available Friday evenings and pretty much the whole day during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU, XY LC, in descending order of preference
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently in my third year of college, looking for thesis topics. Been into competitive battling since DPPt, but I've only started being active in Smogon when XY was released. I don't think I'm very good at team building, so I want to patch that up. I'm hoping to be able to contribute to the site at some point. I like weeb stuff (anime, eroge, Kancolle, mahjong), if stuff I like to talk about matters in selecting tutors. よろしく
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

Username: RedGyarados91
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:RedGyarados91
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:6-10 M-F Sat all day Sun- 5- 10 EST
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a lurker for a while and finally decide to join the community not to long ago. I want to increase my skill as a battler so I can improve and reach my goals. I would also like to be a tutor myself someday and become more involved in the community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:yes
I was skipped round 81, 82, plus two more rounds before that under my old username. I have been trying to get a tutor since October 2013. So hopefully this will be my lucky round.

* I was actually picked for round eighty two but unfortunately I only had one 30 min session with my tutor, so I think that is safe to count as a skip*

Username: Prosecutor Godot
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: RSM50
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, varies. After 4 PM for sure.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a casual ladder player who feels like they could improve a lot. I'm also terrible at teambuilding and would like some help with that aspect of the game.

Skipped Round 82

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Username: Raiza.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Raiza and Raiza not monarch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, im available in the evenings and nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU,XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm Raiza, I am 16, I play pokémon since 2004 and the competitive side since April 2011. I'm good at BW OU and XY OU, im decent in the last Metagames OU Tiers generally, but I enjoy playing lower tiers too and that is why I want to learn more about them.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: if you mean round 83 yes

Username: radianthero156
Pokemon Showdown: radianthero156
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, regularly online every day after 18:30, and, during april, will also be online at 9:00 to 13:00
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / DPP OU / BW OU (order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am very good at math/physics, and a fan of logical strategy games in general, such as pokemon, fire emblem, etc. As for actual battling, i started playing 6 months ago, but i am relatively experienced at XY UU, constantly reaching top 5 in the ladder (and uu is full of good players), as well as making part of the UU council; additionally, i managed to get OU and LC voting requirements last month, though i just stole teams from top players in order to achieve them. I wanna learn more about teambuilding and about advanced playing skills in general. I am also a big fan of the smogon tour, but im doing badly at it, my hope is that b101 will improve me and i'll do better next time.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

I WAS SKIPPED LAST ROUND

Last edited:
Username: epicdrill
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: epicdrill
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, Monday 4PM-6PM, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 3PM-5PM (Thursday will be 4pm-6pm soon), Friday 8PM-midnight, Saturday any time but 2am-9am, Sunday 9am-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I rarely, if ever, play a video game that is not PS or Clash of Clans, and I pretty much play video games whenever I have free time, which, as you can see from above, I have a lot of. Out of the two, I play PS considerably more, although I would not consider myself skilled (Can't consistently stay above 1650 ELO, usually around 1600 ELO with my best team, with others I have trouble staying above 1600 ELO). My favorite class at school is Biology. I play guitar and piano.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

Skipped in round 81, tutor failed to respond entirely in round 82.

Username: Alpaqa
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Alpaqa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, I always connect between 2-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing in 2013 but I didn't play too much in that period because I was really busy. I recently started battling in VGC that is really nice and I like its strategies. I also built some teams which worked a lot but I still need few advices to improve my qualities. Anyway I'm a good OU player in BW and DP, but I don't like them too much, I prefer XY

Skipped in round 82 and 81

Username: Adrima
Pokemon Showdown Username: Adrima
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC+01:00. Monday after 5am, Wednesday after 2am, Saturday and Sunday most of the time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU ( preferred ) or XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a French player who began to play Pokemon a few months ago. I read a lot of threads here before building some teams with core or idea from another player. But I would like to learn a bit more about teambuilding so as to create my own teams. Furthermore, I love playing Bulky/Heavy Offense but I also have big difficulties to set up my sweepers ( they are often KO before I manage to get some boosts... ). So I will be very happy to get some help for this kind of team.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Don't know if I would have the time ( exams are coming... ) but why not !

Last edited:
Username: worldfever
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: worldfever
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, preferably in the evening (from 5 pm on), will adapt to tutor’s schedule tho as I'm free
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a huge pokemon fan from Germany, and I love listening to and making music. I just completed my Abitur this month, leaving me with a lot of time (about 6 months) til I’ll be heading to university. Using my free time, I’d love to dedicate big chunks of my time to one of my favorite things ever, pokemon, before my life’s daily routine of studying and working kicks back in. Of course I’ll still be staying afterwards! I’ve been playing Pokemon since Gen 3, which is still the Generation I’m in love with most and which I’m nostalgic for (hopefully there’ll be a remake soon!), although I love almost every game. I had my first kinda „competitive“ moments when thanks to the Internet I realized ahead of my friends that there’s more to Pokemon than just painfully training your pokez to level 100 and teaching them powerful attacks, discovering EVs, Natures, strategic switching et cetera, causing me to win some link battles and giving out tips. Somehow, while playing DPP, I stumbled onto competitive battling on the internet, but I only got vague memories of that, I guess it was on shoddy battle. However, I didn’t play seriously and probably wasn't understanding the meta one bit, but I remember having a lot of fun! After a while I gave that up. Black and White came out, I played them and loved them, even built some competitive teams for online battling but I eventually let that slide, too. I got back to online battling when out of boredom me and a friend decided to fight some matches online. Being completely out of touch, I slowly started discovering the new mons (I havent played XY , no money for a 3DS yet :’( ) and tried taking part in the meta. Although I have a basic understanding of how pokemon works competitively, I definitely have strategic shortcomings and also don’t really know how to build a decent team, which I’d love to be able to. I’m always reaaally unconfident using my own teams and end up stealing.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: yes
25 post clause:
So far, I didn’t feel like I could contribute anything very worthwile as I think my insight in the metagame isn’t deep enough to be shared yet, so I’ve been only lurking the forums, which is from what I gathered a behaviour encouraged by smogon though. That is something that I think fits my personality as I don’t want to annoy people with superficial knowledge and only contribute when it’s really helpful. Nonetheless, I’m looking forward to contributing to the site in the future!

Last edited:
Username: IST
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: IST
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, I'm completely free on weekends and usually in the week's afternoons.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Spanish guy who wants to learn to teambuild and battle correctly sinc I like competitive mons.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: y
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: y
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Well I have entered the community to know how to play better and I thought maybe this could help me and I went straight to post here.

Last edited:
Username: TRC.
Pokemon Showdown Username: TRCTRC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12, 3.00-10.00, all weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing for a while, but I'd like to gey to the level where I can play in tournaments.

Skipped R80, my tutor was too busy to do anything at all R81, in R82 I found out that my tutor couldn't tutor me after about 3 days.

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time. I'm most likely available on Sunday 11 Am-8 Pm, but I might be on from Mondays to Fridays 3 PM-8 PM. I always have half days in schools on Wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU/XY Uber
Tell us a little about yourself:A guy who has progressed ever since he was playing since the BW1 metagame. I have been playing Ou a lot and I like Ubers but never got around to learning it. Also, I'm kind of interested in the XY UU metagame right now. Had been playing Yu-Gi-Oh for a long time ever since my friend got me into it. It got boring for me. I hope to play in Tournaments one day

I was skipped in Round 82.

Username: swhannell
Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown/Shoddy Username: swhannell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 6pm -12am (though I'm quite flexible with times).
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently studying at University and am in my final year. Pokémon Blue was the very first video game I played and I have been hooked ever since to the world that is Pokémon, buying every generation up to now. I have since been tutored in round 81 in XY doubles and am now at a level where I feel confident in my abilities, certainly with doubles. At the moment what I am struggling most with is building an effective team that suits my play style.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: I'm not very good at tournaments but I can give it a shot. Last time was a disaster.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I tend to only post when I absolutely must, rather than post just to get my numbers up. I feel once I get into the swing of things I will post more and more.

Username: Zekromari
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Zekko
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5), usually 6-9PM on weekdays, 9AM and so on on weekends (varies at times because of homework)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since I was a little kid. I've heard of competitive battling in Pokemon before, but I've only recently decided to be a part of it, and I've only been part of these forums for a day. It also seems like something interesting I felt like I should start out small, in the Little Cup, and then make my way up higher. I've already skimmed around Smogon and learned some vocabulary an other stuff. I still need help with some of the basics, like EV's and IV's, as well as team building and strategies. Besides that, I like to play a lot of video games, and I'm also in many fandoms, like Homestuck, and OFF.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, I would.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 83 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, I'd like to try, although I'm not that good at tournaments.

>25 Posts: I'd like to learn not only so I can be more active during my time here, but also so I can help other after I learn as well. I'm not really social in most forums, but learning more about this would help that, as well as clear up a lot of confusion.

Last edited:

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Albus
Pokemon Showdown Username: Albus80
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; Almost every day except weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014; or else XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm someone who mostly focuses on the casual non-competitive aspects of Pokémon games, and in the VGC format more than in any Smogon format (except maybe BW/2 OU); i'd like to learn everything about it, its threatlist, etc; and if isn't possible, well, i'd like to learn XY OU instead. Outside of that, i'm an Informatic Systems Admin student in one of the best universities in my country (couldn't continue studying this semester due to money constraints tho) and someone who loves classic video games, reading, and learning about programming.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure i will.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Y

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)