Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: roxer123
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: roxer123
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/zoneinfo?s=standard&tz=America/Fortaleza, i'm available from 4PM to 5PM in my country everyday, on weekends 12AM to 12PM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles, XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a regular kid, school and stuff, but pokemon is my favorite hobby, i put my time into laddering and training everyday, when i'm traveling i keep an eye on the RMTs to see if there are any cool teams. I'm an experienced player, i'm not a noob and i know all the major threats, strategies and teams in both OU and Doubles, i played Ubers for a while, but then i got bored of it after 20 straight wins. My fav pokemon is Skymin, DEM POWAR. (NOTE: My peak is 1430 on doubles and i dont have an Elo on OU, i'm a newbie to XY OU.)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Of course, i dont see a reason not to.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, i have experience with tournaments too, so i'm good.
OBS: I was skipped in Round 80, i didnt get to play on round 81 because i was traveling.

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time. I'm most likely available on Sunday 11 Am-8 Pm, but I might be on from Mondays to Fridays 3 PM-8 PM. I always have half days in schools on Wednesday .
What tier do you want to learn?: Xy OU/Xy Uber
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a sophomore in high school in his second semester this year. I just got back from being addicted to Yugioh for a long time but now want to return to play Pokemon. I just need to learn how to battle properly. I hope to play in the SPL one day here.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Username:maelstromm15
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:maelstromm15
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Full availability, CST
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Longtime pokemon player, only getting into serious battling this gen. I am active on some of the IRCs, but never really touched much on the forums, been afraid of looking foolish for not knowing enough. I've improved a lot since I started learning, but I'm looking to improve a lot more, and I am looking for every opportunity to do so.

Username: Moony
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: moony
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 (-4 starting on Wednesday), Monday - Wednesday after 4 PM, not available on Thursdays, Friday after 3 PM, Saturday and Sunday after 12 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles / XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school sophmore, been playing competitive pokemon since 2012. I play the violin. I've been watching replays of xy doubles from the spl and it seems like a really fun tier to get into and play. I tried to learn it myself, but I can't really get a grasp on how to start because most doubles videos are about vgc and I know VGC and Doubles are a bit different. I liked BW Ubers, so XY Ubers would be 2nd in priority of learning to XY Doubles.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Tutored by Jabba in an earlier round, only had one session. Signed up 2 rounds after that, no tutor.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr. Ciel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lady Samantha
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 All afternoons Monday - Wednesday, All day Thursday - Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokémon for quite a while & I would like to delve into the tier that is LC. I have been playing to tier quite awhile & would like to get more experienced in it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Username: Brainiac002
Pokemon Showdown Username: B170
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) Most Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri ~5PM - midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: mostly VGC 2014 and GSC OU, but also XY OU/UU/LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Though I was 4 when R/B came out and have been playing since, I only played competitively in DPP OU and DPP UU about 5-6 years ago. I was decent, but nothing special. I got way too busy to keep up in Gen V, but now that things have slowed down for me a bit I want to get back into it. I'm not a complete beginner, but it's been a while since I was really on my game. I miss competing in tournaments and all that so I'd really like to get back to where I was. Also, I have less than 25 posts because the Smogon account I used in Gen IV I completely forgot the password to has been lost to time. I figured this would be a great way to get back into competitive Pokemon and to Smogon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Arcticblast
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Arcticblast ...I was tempted to put a picture of the sim mod badge here tbh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5), hours are somewhat irregular due to classes/work but I'm usually up late
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, DPP OU, ADV OU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh studying Ecology & Evolution. (It's one major.) I don't really do much besides Pokemon and the occasional jRPG, so I'm pretty boring socially I guess... I'm primarily a Doubles player, although I'd love to get better at OU for Smogon Tour (and I want to crush Tsunami o.o). I've always wanted to learn ADV as well, and it seems like everyone's playing DPP now...
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure why not
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: sure why not

I was skipped last round (granted my app was really shitty...)

Username: Chaosbass
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Chaosbass
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Everyday typically from 7-12 in Central time zone (GMT-6 I believe)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have dibble dabble in competitive before but haven't done much serious competition until recently. This is the reason why I have fewer than 25 posts. As far as actual battle goes, I'm not bad. I'm just struggling with team building if anything. Although I've mostly done only Singles in the past, my friend have recently introduce me to Doubles which I find pretty interesting as well.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure why not.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: scorpdestroyer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: scorpdestroyer (don't have Shoddy atm but probably doesn't matter)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, I'm usually more available on irc at night and on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY UU / XY Doubles (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an NU player. I have played all of the tiers above before but never really got into them, but I'd like to this time because XY sounds really fun.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: wats tutee talk. but ok
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: ok

Username: ANNIHILISM
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: 1920x1080
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. M-F anytime after 5:30 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I know all the basics and a lot of the terms. But I struggle with cohesive teambuilding. My teams are usually just my current 6 favorites atm and I wish I were better at making a more tight-knit team that can work together. As far as my personal life I work for an industrial staffing company everyday 8-5. On the weekends I'm usually staying with my girlfriend. During the weeknights, I play Pokemon. Watch Netflix. Party. Play guitar. Pet my dog. Etc.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ok
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: ok

Username: Threeprongs
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Skipify
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, I am available between 9 am and 12 pm everyday.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU, XY Doubles, XY RU (All of these tiers interest me equally, I will happily accept anyone of these.)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, my name is Chris I have been interested in pokemon for a very long time, it's been a strong part of my life since I was a child. I only recently got involved in the competitive scene, I believe it was just last year that I got really into the competitive scene. I was never an ace player though last year I did have a few solid teams. I love teambuilding, and making different combinations with the teams although they don't always work out. I first learned about competitive battling by watching countless battles from youtubers like Shofu, Haydunn, Pokeaimmd and a few others. I instantly grasped the concept of predicting, counters, checks, and a few other basics of the game. My only achilles' heel I would say is the actual application of the basics I previously stated. Sure, I learned it up and down but I either end up feeling extremely uncomfortable with my predictions or I overpredict on something extremely obvious.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I will contribute in anyway possible to help better myself. In short, of course I will.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: If there is time enough between the acceptance of this application and the tournament I'd love to. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

25 Post: I just signed up to smogon today although I have been keeping track of the forums, mostly in the "rate my team" section because, I love to test out teams with a twist and observe them to see how they are played and possibly compare or add their strategies into the teams that I have built/currently are building. In all honesty I have no more qualifications than anyone else filling out this application however, I am very enthusiastic and eager to learn more about the meta-game and better myself in both areas I am confident in and ones that I see as a flaw.

Last edited:
Username: Zancrow249
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Zancrow249
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0, from 8am to 8 pm, unless if i'm on a business trip.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: So i grew up playing pokemon, i played most of the games and thought i would do good on Smogon but i got beat up really bad in the first battles of course, i'm getting better but i know i'm far from the average level, anyway i would love to learn more about the strategies.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, if the tutors are here for me, i'll be there for them
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Username:mikedgraphic
Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:mikedgraphic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3GMT, avaiable almost monday~friday past 6pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: wow, myself? im 23 old guy, who still plays pokemon, but not good. In brazilizian forum pokeevo, ive got some good results, but, none as a champion. im expecting that this should help me on achieving a new lvl.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: what is that? i think yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: sure, why not.

Username: Blumenwitz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hariyanma
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Sunday from 7-12 PM, Monday from 8-12 PM, and Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 12-3 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, and maybe a little XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've known about the competitive scene for a while now, but I just started participating in it. I've made it to about 1300 on the OU ladder on Pokemon Showdown, but no higher. My team is missing something, I'm just not sure what. That's why I think I need a tutor.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not?
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Maybe...? Assuming I have the time for it.

Last edited:
Username: Alpaqa
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Alpaqa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, every afternoon and evening
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Alpaqa, a 19 years old player and I started playing competitively about one year ago. I'm very lazy (that's why I don't like sports) but I've got some hobbies that I really like to do, such as pokémon and other games.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, I am

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
I'm pretty new in here because I didn't have time to participate in tournaments or follow your activities, but I recently got rid of many things so I would like to become part of this community

Also, I was skipped last round.

Name: Ultimathunder
PS/PO name: Ultimathunder
Timezone and availibility: PST (-8 GMT) in the late afternoons.
Tiers I want to learn: XY Ubers, DPP OU (in order of preference)
A bit about myself: Im a neurology major in college. I have a wide variety of hobbies including learning world languages and playing tennis. I play a lot of Smogon Doubles (best tier) and use IRC a lot, and want to get better at some other tiers. :)
Willing to do tutee talks and tutee tourneys!

Username:Warth Tiger
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Tiger Kid
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:(-4Est): Afternoons are great
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU Ubers LC VGC
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a part time student trying to get a job I play a lot of xbox 360 and league of legends,I am trying to get better at this new comp and would like to get to know the people around the thread more. I also know how to do art on gimp if there is art needed.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:YES
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:YES

Username: Walaby
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Walaby
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Timezone; available 3:00pm-10:30pm and sometimes 8:00am-2:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: Any or all XY tiers (I don't quite understand the tiers yet, which is one of the reasons I'm signing up for this)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a self-proclaimed Nintendo Gamer. I love Pokemon and Legend of Zelda. A lot of my friends in high school play Pokemon and seem to know a lot more about strategy than I do. I do not want to be left out and would like to learn more about the competitive aspect of the game. Up to this point I have really only played the games for the story and the adventure, as well as the collecting and the uniqueness of each new generation and the new Pokemon that come with them. In order to better experience the game, I would like to learn more about battling and competitive battling, and this seems like the best way to do so. I started with DP and have now played Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver, FireRed, White, Black2, Y, and various mystery dungeon and ranger games.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:I don't see why not.

Username:Erick17
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Erick17
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt -8. I am available from 8am - 5pm Monday - Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU, XY UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an avid video game player, I enjoy playing first person shooter games. My favorite sports are baseball and soccer. My favorite teams from those sports are the Dodgers and Atlas FC.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:Yes

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Username: Merritt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Merritty (original)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) from around 6:30 PM-8 PM on weekdays, and 12PM-5PM weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC, XY OU, XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been involved in Pokemon for a while, although competitive battling for far less time, and got involved in LC and Challenge Cup 1v1. Unfortunately, I'm far less skilled in VGC, Doubles, (and OU to a lesser extent) but want to improve. I'm a bit lazy, I'll admit, but I will follow through if I commit to something. I've been called a bit hard to get along with, but I'll try to play nice, and pay attention to the tutor.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure. Might as well give it a shot.

Username: alivechihiro
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: alivechihiro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6); my work hours are kinda ???? lately but i can almost guarantee i'm open 7pm to midnight on weekdays and 4pm to midnight on saturday. (i usually stay up later than that but i don't want to commit to it in advance because i really shouldn't be staying up that late)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU and XY Doubles. I'd sign up for rotation battles too, but apparently that's still not a thing. >:|
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey there everyone this is kate alivechihiro. Pokemon is rad and I want to play more of it. Never been into competitive stuff before. It's kinda intimidating.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'm not entirely sure what this entails and "there are no threads to display" isn't exactly super illuminating? But probably.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, sounds fun. (But isn't it round 82 now?)

25 post thing: I guess the point of this is to make sure I'm not some kinda flakey newb who will get signed up and then vanish without a trace, thereby wasting a lot of your time and effort? Which is a pretty darn reasonable desire :v
but uh I've been hanging around this site in some capacity for ages and I'd like to get more actively involved in the community and battling and stuff, and this seems a good way to do that. yay~

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Username: hilarious
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pokemonisfun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (the one that Washington DC is in?) fine for after 6 PM on most weekdays and basically um almost all day on weekends past 6 pm...
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU, XY OU, XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Pokemon too much. I really like to eat food. I've been playing Pokemon competitively since the tail end of the fourth generation on Shoddy Battle. Of course I've been eating forever but I really really like eating. I wish I was good at Pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Idk what this is but probably

Username: Asapkitty
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Calliecat44
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Anytime but after 4 is best.
What tier do you want to learn?: Anything but probably OU specifically
Tell us a little about yourself: I never really have done much competitive battling. Ive played pokemon for years and never tried but its something im very interested in. I recently started trying to read up on pokemon strategy/watch videos and battles/ and participate on showdown but im not that great. I love cats a lot (obviously lol) and i really like to make friends and have fun. Live in Kentucky in the U.S and i love pokemon :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Not really sure what that is but yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure!

And I have less than 25 posts but thats because i just found Smogon while looking at battle strategies. If i had known about it, trust me, i wouldve been here a long time ago! Lol :) I also really dont know enough yet to be giving people advice and stuff. And i dont really know anyone here! (Hope that thatll change!)

Username: leanbean132006
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: leanbean132006
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Eastern, Sunday-Thursday 8:00PM-1:30AM EST (unless I have a test or big assignment or something)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently a junior at Syracuse University majoring in Information Management and Technology. I've been playing competitively for only a short period of time, but have found that I'm really not that good at battling. I do enjoy breeding, EV training, and making movesets for Pokemon on my XY and generally that is what I do in my free time. I would like to get better at the actually battling and team-building aspect though.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah, I would.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, if I'm not busy at the time which I can't imagine I would be.

I was skipped last time around.

Username: Vanadium
PO/PS/Shoddy Nickname: Vanadium (+ a whole assortment of alts)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 (UK Time). Available most evenings (from 7 till 11 my time)
What tier do you want to learn? XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm studying Geology at Exeter University in Stage 2 (second year). Pretty big fan of RPGs in general; Pokémon obviously included. Huge music fan, especially into 80s/90s alternative bands, as well as electronic music. Would prefer a mentor with a good taste in music obviously. Currently playing guitar in a band, hoping to pick up a few other instruments too. I also enjoy rugby, hiking, drawing/painting, reading, mineral collecting, and wine/cheese tasting. Bit of an eccentric really.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Sounds like fun.

Why I have less than 25 Posts: I've been lurking in the shadows for an awfully long time now. I'm self-taught in everything I've learned up to now - watching, playing battles and studying posts in the competitive and RMT forums has been incredibly useful. I've been pretty successful on both the PO and PS ladders (but I gather people don't consider than much of an achievement), and I've won a couple of casual tournaments on PO. However, what I lack is official tournament experience. I hope to get more involved not only with Smogon's competitive scene, but also contribute to the community too. I think the apprentice program will be an excellent way to break the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)