Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username:Eranu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:[BA]pimm94
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, between 4 PM and 11PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into competitive battling for over 6 months now but my improvements have halted. I hope the tutoring program will help me get a better Pokemon battler! I'm really excited to learn more about competitive battling.

Username: RedGalaxy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: RedGalaxy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central available between, with the exceptions for lunch and dinner, 10 am to midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: OU UU RU NU(when it comes out)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been trying to teach myself how to battle for a while now, but I just can't quite figure things out, so I'd love all the help I can get. Also, I've been trying to get a tutor for the last 3-4 rounds, but I've either not had enough posts, or I wasn't on in time to get a tutor.

Username:dpg2172
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:dpg2172
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT + 5:30 (india),7:00 to 9:00 on weekdays and 5:00 to 9:00 on weekends

What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:pokemon is not famous in India.when i came to know about pokemon games ,4 th gen was on peak.though i joined smogon now but i am playing on pokemon online from about 1 year. i always tried to learn about pokemon synergy,but i always lost on team building.so i want to learn building teams and pokemon synergy.

Username: Browners
Pokemon Online Username: Browners
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:5pm-11pm GMT
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and UU. I'm also interested in RU/Ubers, but OU/UU takes priority. Not interested in other generations.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an intermediate battler who has a reasonable knowledge of the Metagame, and I play on PO but not Shoddy. I don't consider myself to be a "arceus among men" at this game, but i feel that my knowledge exceeds that of a beginner. In short, I've got the basic concepts down, I just need to improve to become an advanced player. My main strength is teambuilding, and it is on the battlefield with predictions etc. where I really struggle. I would love it if someone could help me improve.

Username: ConverseBob
Pokemon Online: ConverseBob
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, 9:30am-11am, 4pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: Standard OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since it first came out in the US. I have continued to play, but only the first two generations. I have recently had a glaringly strong desire to get back into Pokemon (including creating the beggings of a Pokemon style RPG card game), and the competitive battling scene was the only thing I hadn't already done.

Less than 15 post explanation: I started about a month ago on the Smogon University server, and I built my first OU team based heavily off of DPP OU stats and strategies on Smogon. With all the info out there on Rain teams, that is what I built. I posted my team in the RMT thread, and took in some great suggestions. The reason I have not been more active on the Forum is I do not think my knowledge base is large enough to make a ligament comment that means something more than just another post to count in my tally. The place I would love to continue exploring and adding in comments is in the RMT threads, but the problem there is I have almost no idea about building a good team. If I am tutored, I will make it my goal to learn all I can about team construction.

Username: Trollmonchan
Pokemon Online Username: Winsauce, Forever Alone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT; 4PM - 11PM(weekdays) 11AM - 5AM (weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU and UU; D/P OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a school student from Ireland. I'm decent at battling but my team building and knowledge of the metagame is pretty awful.

Less than 25 post explanation: I only joined Smogon a few days ago(like 5?). I peaked a while ago, albeit on the Pokemon Online server, but it was a peak nonetheless. Anyway, since then, I've been losing more and more often. I think the tutoring program could get me back to my best, and better.

Username: -Aizen
Shoddy Username: -Aizen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT +O 5:00pm till 9:00pm weds, Thursdays (UK, london (time)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been into Pokémon a couple of years, and have been battling competitively since D/P, but I struggle with teambuilding and in-battle logic like prediction. I love watching anime, big fan of manga and designing it, hanging around with friends, currently on a course (Public Uniformed Service) Which is a killer when it comes to hiking, long runs/jogs, most of these trips are more then 8 miles.
Why should i be tutored?(under 25 posts):
Well... Ive been really down on my game lately, so if you guys would be considerate enough perhaps to help a guy relight his passion for the game, that he seems to be losing the passion for.

Username: Nuke144
Shoddy Username: Nuke144
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT Anytime
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been tutored before but want to learn more about the new pokes from black and white and get more info on teambuilding and stuff.

Username: Basti
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Basti, FREE CANDY
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 around 3 - 11pm on weekdays, pretty much all day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself (and under 25 posts thing): Hi, my name is Basti, I'm from Germany. I started playing competitively around 3 years ago. I consider myself to be a pretty good player, but I think I need improvements in some things, manley teambuilding. I know I don't have 25+ posts, but I use smogon a lot, I just dont post every often :s I've been trying to get tutored for a while now (I have never been tutored) and I was litteraly checking 20 times a day if round 54 is up, hoping I would be one of the first, but it was put up at ~1:30 am my time :[ So now, at 6:40 pm Im finally able to make this post. Anyway, I would be really happy if I got tutored. I don't really care who, I'm just REALLY interested in getting tutored.

Username: Rectore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PO Rectore
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Pacific. usually between 3pm and 9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself + new to Smogon Community (under 25 posts): I'm an aspiring artist and a graduate of Law. I've been playing pokemon since the Game Boy Blue and Red editions but I only recently found out about EV's and IV's.

I understand the importance of Ev and IV training a team, I understand the difference between walls and sweepers and what-not, and I know how to check for IV's on pokemon and I've Ev trained a few teams before, but my teams have always had a major flaw or weakness I never seem to see and thus I usually get creamed really easily. I would love the opportunity to learn a little more before I try online battling again in the hopes of maybe not getting creamed so badly.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: AfroThunderRule
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AfroThunderRule, KGC Bomber
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I guess 3 PM-7 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mainly, would like to learn some BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I suck.

Goddamn it, I'm too late aren't I?

Username: Limianic
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Limi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, between 2PM and 10PM (depends on day of week), longer on weekends and holidays
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU, RU, Ubers, LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16-year-old guy from Germany who has been playing Pokemon since Ruby and Sapphire (although I discovered this wonderful series before!).

I joined the Smogon University server about a month ago and had some success, but also some failures in battling, so that's why I want to learn more about the competitive side of this game!

And now for the question why I want to be tutored: Well, I have a wide interest concerning the tiers and want to get into them all (I already played OU and RU quite extensively, and tried out some UU and LC). As such, I hope that I can help write analyses for the lesser-played tiers (RU in particular, as I really like that one) and maaaybe even help establish a future NU. :)

Since I've already been playing for a short while, I have made some teams I would like to discuss with my tutor (one of them, which I believe to be my best one, even has a RMT!), but I haven't been fully content with any of these. As such, I'd like to learn the great art of teambulding!
And as for battles, I often make misplays, too, so I hope that can also be fixed.

So I hope I can be tutored by one of you guys (and who knows, you might get a future contributor on your hands!). ;)

Bloo

Banned deucer.
We have more than enough sign-ups now! Thanks to everyone who showed interest in being tutored. Tutor assignments will be up soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

For those who missed this round of sign-ups, be on the look out for round 55.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Tutor assignments are now updated in the OP. If you didn't receive a tutor, you can ask around to see if any of them would be willing to take on a second apprentice. If not, as tutors finish up with their current apprentice, they have the option to receive another one.

Post in the next round if you did not receive a tutor this round and I will give you priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)