Apprentice Program: Round Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Five of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ( 06/18-07/02 )! I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Five Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. Lexay / --------
2. psychup2034 / freaktron
3. Acura / Brood_Star
4. Roy / Xiaohaha
5. Jackal / strager
6. husk1442 / StallingChamp
7. Cerberus / Arkani
8. Aeolus / One
9. pokemaniac15 / Zathura
10. Bugsy23 / notthephonz
11. Kongler / TheMusicMan
12. cloud / Mammoth
13. cholena / Ricky_Maaan
14. Aeroblackyl / Pocket
15. Jumpman16 / Kidcelldroid
16. Yosuke / altanonymous
17. Pokemon Professor / Falco-
18. Black Leather Jacket / SpaceFlare
19. goofball / Barkley3312
20. Council / Shichiro
21. Mekkah / Rillian
22. jpchato / V is for....Vespa!
23. ToP / MeleeMan
24. Cloggerdude / pressure the great
25. zfs / Tipperton
26. Warthog / cook
27. ToP / MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon
28. Anomalous / rokman

Available Tutors: Obi2Kenobi ; RicepigeonKKM ; skarm

Apprentices in need of a tutor: ProffessorMM ; T-Money

Matched Apprentices: teh n00b ; freaktron ; Brood_Star ; Xiaohaha ; strager ; StallingChamp ; Arkani ; One ; Zathura ; notthephonz ; TheMusicMan ; Mammoth ; Ricky_Maaan ; Pocket ; Kidcelldroid ; altanonymous ; Falco- ; SpaceFlare ; Barkley3312 ; Shichiro ; Rillian ; V is for....Vespa! ; MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon ; pressure the great ; Tipperton ; cook

Removed from program

Netbattle nick: Teh n00b
Time zone: GMT+2
Regular Online Hours: 11am-12pm
Experience level: Meh'ish
A little about myself: Can't explain myself well.
Generations I want to learn: ADV uber as it's fun, ADV OU and RBY OU.

Assigned to psychup2034

Netbattle Nick: freaktron, I HAVE FURY
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: For summer, starting on the 26th i'll have summer school between 9 AM and 2 PM, but until then I should have a lot of time...it all depends on if/when my brother kicks me off the computer.
Experience Level: meh
A little about myself: I'm really not as good as I used to be, but meh, everyone gets rusty at something sometime.
Generations I want to learn: GSC for now. I tend to cheat in that metagame (hehe), but I just don't tend to play it much. Just get someone reliable to help me with GSC and MAYBE some RBY or GSC UU.

Re-Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick: Anix yo
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Assuming EDT = EST... 3PM-9PM on Weekdays, and almost always free on Weekends
Experience level*: None, willing to learn
A little about myself: I suck. New at this, played the games. Usually playing other games IE War3, CSS, SC, GW, whatever else is on my shelf. Admin a couple leagues for War3... pretty known in that scene (Nick: Brood_Star)
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU mostly, but I'm willing to learn anything (UU, RBY, Uber, NU)

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: Xiaohaha, Fur Elise, Summer Freedom
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4~5PM weekdays
Experience level*: I sucks
A little about myself: I like pie and other delicious foods
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: Strager Neds
Time zone: GMT -5:00
Regular Online Hours: 10:00 ~ 18:00
Experience level: Bad.
A little about myself: I'm clueless half the time.
Generations I want to learn: ADV... I guess.

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick: StallingChamp
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): school is now over, so ill be around most of the day, my tutor and i can surely set up times by PM (a guideline is between 9 AM and 10 PM EDT)
Experience level: Somehat decent, i guess
A little about myself: Just joined Smogon / NetBattle, but im a very quick learner so ive caught on pretty good, but would appreciate 1 on 1 attention from a tutor to really sharpen my skills.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU

Assigned to Cerberus

Netbattle nick: Arkani[suck..]
Time zone: GMT +2 (Central European Summer Time)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): under week from 1 PM - 4 PM at week end mostly the whole day with the exeption of 3 AM - 6 AM
Experience level*: i can play 386 UU and RBY and a little bit gsc thats all
A little about myself: i live in germany and play nb since ~2 years (yes but i cant play 386 >_<) i like playing football and sitting in front of my pc
Generation(s) I want to learn: 386 OU, maybe GSC (if anyone wants but 386 is more important)

Taken by Aeolus

Netbattle nick:
One, sj
Time zone: GMT-6 (Central Timezone)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Anytime from 1pm till 1am but im not constantly on. Like ill be on then off then back on again or w/e
Experience level*: between intermediate and expert?
A little about myself: easy to get along with, pretty experienced joined nb may 2005
Generation(s) I want to learn: OU things like, how to make a good team, and how to win battles and etc. UU, 200, RBY, and GSC (If you dont feel like teaching all those , its ok if you dont.)

Assigned to pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick:
Zathura
Time zone: Mountain Time so...GMT +7?
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Eh...hard to say. Probably 9:00AM-12:00PM, then on and off 'til 5:00pm, then 8:00PM to 11:00PM on days 'cept Friday.
Experience level*: I only play Advance. I have quite a bit of experience with GSC Standard, though. I'm very Beginner-Average at everyother metagame.
A little about myself: Um...
Generation(s) I want to learn: Standard 386. Perhaps Standard 200 and 386 UU as well.

Assigned to Bugsy23

Netbattle nick: notthephonz
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): anytime
Experience level: I guess you could say I'm "not good, but willing to learn." *nervous laughter*
A little about myself: Well, my favorite Pokémon is Slowbro, though I suppose he isn't as strong as he used to be...I also think Grumpig is cute. ^_^
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV and ADV 2vs2

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle Nick: Some variation of TheMusicMan (meaning stuff like TheMetroMan is me)
Regular online hours: I'm in EDT, so yeah... I am pretty much only online from about 10:00 PM to about 1 or 1:30 AM EDT on any given night. Also I can be on from 8:00-10:00 AM if absolutely necessary.
Experience level: I play GSC mostly, so I know what im doing somewhat there... I've been playing ADV more lately, and have gotten better, but I still need major help.
A little about myself: I'm a music major and the whitest white boy you'll ever meet... nuff said.
Generations I want to learn: GSC OU... UU ability is a plus. I have decided that I would like to be proficient in one version and kind of sucky at the other two rather than mediocre in all three. Throw your best GSC tutor at me.

Assigned to cloud

Netbattle nick: Tazzler or any variation of Tazzler(version)
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3PM-10 PM on weekdays, 11AM-9PM most of the time on weekends
Experience level*: Okay at UU, not the best, but not the worst, would like some more skills though. Better at rby and ubers and 2vs2 thanks to previous tutors. This will probably be my last tutor round.
A little about myself: Fav sport is soccer and food is ice cream. I like jynx. I am an okay predicter and battler in general.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC (OU) (the last thing I want to learn).

Possibly Steelicks...pending verification

Netbattle nick:
Philderbeast
Time zone: GMT + 10 (sydney)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8pm - 5 am ish
Experience level*: total beginner (RPG batteling only on the cart)
A little about myself: well im a conputer nerd whanting to beat up my friends and have a bit of fun with an old game.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY (ou mainy) and possably GSC if there is time.

Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Ricky_Maaan
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours: Name the time ill be there :)
Experience level: i use to post on IGN a while ago, but lack of experience in battles and my long brake lead me to suck when it comes down to it :cry:
A little about myself: Moto to life - i do because i can and i want to
Generations I want to learn: ADV generation period

i would be appriciative if one of the old IGN posters were to take me up, i use to like it alot on them boards and got to realy look up to a few people there.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick: Lugh
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): by circa 8 - 9 PM
Experience level*: Has been on NB since 2001; play mostly 386
A little about myself: Now that it's summer, I'll be able to be on NB more frequently
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC or SF, whichever the tutor want to teach.

P.S. I'll try harder being on NB when I am free, and try to have a consistent meeting time with my tutor. Sorry for the first two tutors for not meeting with them. I apologize.

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick: Kidcelldroid

Time zone: Eastern Standard

Regular Online Hours: Most of the day after 1 pm

Experience level*: None Lol

A little about myself: I like psychic pokemon, and I'm a quick learner and great at different stragies. I also play yugioh so I know how to come of with smart moves and not just attack.

Generation(s) I want to learn: beginner. need to learn the basics and how to come up with complex stragies

Re-assigned to Sanders

Netbattle nick: altanonymous
Time zone: gmt -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): im often on, mostly 12pm to 4pm and 3am to 6am every day. easy to spot because im really chatty,but dont follow this strictly, because i get bored alot and stay on all day, but dont follow this strictly because i stay on alot
Experience level*: just started playing netbattle two weeks ago. im a thorough study, but i want to learn more as a pupil. hands on experience, you know?
A little about myself: i live in a hick town, so i dont have much to do.
Generation(s) I want to learn: advance overused. its the only thing ive really played at, but my record is bad. i need to learn more.

Assigned to Pokemon Professor

Netbattle nick: Falco-
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6-9 PM, roughly.
Experience level*: Well... I know enough to know that I'm not great. I've been playing NetBattle on the Nsider server for a few months now.
A little about myself: Star Fox and Pokemon are my two favorite video game franchises. I like the outdoors too. :)
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance, mostly. It has the most practical applications.

Assigned to Black Leather Jacket

Netbattle nick: SpaceFlare
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Friday 5 AM - 7 AM, 8 PM - 12 AM, 2 AM to 5 AM (tentative), Saturday 8 PM - 12 AM (tentative), 2 AM to 7 AM (tentative)
Experience level*: I'd say decent at RS OU. But meh at nearly everything else
A little about myself: school is keeping me from being online everyday.
Generation(s) I want to learn: in order of interest: GSC OU, RS Ubers, RS UU, RBY UU, RS 200.

Tutor

Assigned to goofball

Netbattle nick:TripleH3312

Time zone:US Central
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11am-11pm
Experience level*:Not very
A little about myself:QB for my high school football team
Generation(s) I want to learn:RSE OU

Assigned to Council

NB Nick: Shichiro
Time Zone: Eastern
Online Hours: Sometimes it varies, but on a normal Summer day any time from 12:00 - 9:00 I might be on. I'm usually on the PokeRealm server now, but I can make it to Smogon if my tutor doesn't go to PR also.
Experience Level: Ok... I'm Ok at predicting and battling I guess, but there's something holding me back from winning, and I really don't know what it is. Perhaps it is pointing out weaknesses to certain Pokemon and countering them, maybe I'm just not good enough a predictor. I'm hoping my tutor and I can work on both, as these seem to be what's nagging me so often.
A Little About Myself: Sports fanatic living in Buffalo, New York. I'm also interested in Music, various Computer stuff, etc.
Generations I want to learn: Just RS OU.

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: Royal Rilian
Time zone: (GMT -5:00)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3:30 - 4:30, [my parents hold restrictions...] and I might be on at other times...
Experience level*: 3.5/10
A little about myself: I am new to Netbattling, my parents hold restrictions so dont be surprised if I suddenly log off, I am usually on the go unless it is 3:30 - 4:30 meaning, I go at random times...
Generation(s) I want to learn: Full advance OU/UU

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: Undertaker
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Fridays anywhere from 5am - 12 noon EDT, and later from 6pm - 8pm, Saturdays 8am - 12 noon and later from 6pm - 9pm, Sundays 7am - 9am. Also any time during Sunday 12am - maybe 4 or 5 am
Experience level*: I started back in '04, but then I had a one and a half year hiatus. Back then Celebi and Jirachi were still banned, so I 'm waay behind. I can predict, but that was then.
A little about myself: Missed Pokemon due to school dammit
Generation(s) I want to learn: Team Building/Prediction in ADV OU. I had team building issues back then when I would just put cune/spiker/dusclops together in a team, and now there is Celebi and Jirachi to worry about. So yeah that, and update on the current metagame. That is all.

Assigned to jpchato

Netbattle nick: Xerxes
Time zone: GMT -8 (pacific est)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): mon-thurs 6pm-12/1 am, fri-sat depends on whats going on, if i do end up getting on it wont be until around 11pm-12am
Experience level*: getting better, finally a match kind of for more experienced players
A little about myself: playing for 3 months, kinda off and on because of school and work
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv then GSC if time permits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)