Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Dagguito
Time zone: Central Time (I´m from Mexico)
Regular Online Hours: 6:00 - 10:00 pm EST or 5:00 - 9:00 pm CST from Monday ´till Thursday and on weekends varies a lot so it would be nice to have an arrangement (In case I´m chosen to be tutored (: )
Do you want to play in the tournament: Hell yeah (:
Experience level: From 1to 10 I think its 6.5
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU and UU.
A little about myself: I´m in senior year in high school, I like to hang out with my friends, videogames and partys. Sometimes I´m wierd but most of the time I´m really funny. I also like music ( Post-rock, Math-rock and Indie-rock ), and I hope I can get tutored :D. BTW I use a lot of smileys.

Shoddy Battle nick: Dustelemental
Time zone: 10+ (australia)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually 2am-6am (4pm-8pm in my time) i hate time zones
Experience level: moderatly ok that is why i want to do this
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): ou, uu, uber
A little about myself: i am in year 9 at high school. i have played pokemon ever since i was 5 i think. my itnernet is very bad (only a problem when i am playing over the internet on my ds not shoddy) one disadvantage of living in australia.

Shoddy Battle nick: Angmar
Time zone: Gmt -10 (Hawaii)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I will be unavailable on Weekdays, but sometimes I am lucky and can come on Fridays. On Saturday: anytime between 2pm and 3:30am; On Sunday anywhere between 5 pm and 2 am.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: I used to play shoddy quite a bit, but I almost always used the same two or three teams. This limited my exposure to variety, and I consider myself a noob. Lately I’ve stopped playing shoddy, and have been studying up move sets so that I can have a fresh start.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU (I would really like to learn Ubers in addition to OU, but I’ve heard that the learning curve is more difficult)
A little about myself: Academically speaking I love math and science, especially chemistry and physics, and I would claim to be a fairly diligent student. Let’s see, I’ve known one of my best friends from since I was about 3, I am a green belt in karate, and my friends call me a pyro (though I don’t see it <_<).

I've been checking this forum every couple hours for the last few days and of course the morning I'm out it gets posted. :(

Shoddy Battle nick: Class
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): varies, but I'm on a lot and can show up when needed
Experience level: playing since May
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: My spare time is spent online, with friends, or playing one of two instruments, trombone and piano. Oh yeah I'm lazy.

Shoddy Battle Nick: WorstBattler
Time Zone: Central time (From UK)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only!): The earliest I can be on is about 11:00 eastern (16:00 UK time) and the latest is 17:30 eastern (22:30 UK time). I'm usually on Shoddy a lot, so don't worry about this.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes.
Experience level: As my name implies, I am literally terrible at Shoddy, possibly among the worst. I've played on Netbattle in past years, but I only really got into Shoddy about a week or 2 ago. I've had my fair share of wins, but eh, not too many.
Tiers I need help in: OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I am literally obsessed with computers, I am great at languages and dramatic arts, I am known as being quite smart even though I'm not), and I am an extremely avid shiny hunter who hates RNG spammers.

Shoddy Battle nick: Zach Is Ginger
Time zone: GMT -5 I think. Whatever NYC is.
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm and then later in the evening as well.
Experience level: Moderate. I've created a sort of well received team a couple of months back, and I find myself getting decent ratings on the ladder.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I have another name on this site actually, but I can't get the 'forgot password function to work'. Anyway, my other account is named Crunchatize Me, I taught myself to play pokemon competitively a few months back, I'm decent I suppose. Outside of pokemon my hobbies include being overwhlemed by schoolwork other video games, books, and seeing movies with friends

Shoddy Battle nick: ulver
Time zone: PST or East -3 or GMT -8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anywhere starting from 5:00 pm to the morning. I will not be on 100% of the time but quite a lot, especially since I'll want to be on so I can meet up.
Experience level: Probably ~1300 but very inconsistent.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I love shoddy as a strategy game fan. Right now my main problem is making a team. I've made a lot of teams but they are usually just random I'm not completely clueless when it comes to making a team but I can't do an RMT or understand why this is chosen over that half the time. The other thing I want is more practice and 1v1 to get better with battle tactics.

Shoddy Battle nick: Witness315
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I am usually on 3:30-5 on weekdays, and available any time on the weekends.
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU/Ubers/OU
A little about myself: I am still pretty new, but I think Smogon has been great. I don't need much help in OU, I got into the top 10 on the leaderboard a few weeks ago. My rating has dropped since then, because I stopped laddering. I really want to get into UU and Ubers though. To get a view of my OU team building process, you can view my two RMT's here and here.

Shoddy Battle nick: Chaos669
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Since I'm involved in extra curricular activites along with school, my hours vary. Usually I'm online from 6PM-11PM on weekdays, and 11AM-(varies) on weekends.
Experience level: Mediocre (2 or 3 out of 10)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, NU
A little about myself: Well, I've been trying to get into this program for months. However, I've always been late. And it looks like I'm late again. Ah well, I tried - I'd be extremely grateful however if I were to make it in this time. Anyway, I play guitar, and am a sucker for RPGs such as Final Fantasy. Currently I'm playing through TWEWY and I think it's a kickass game. All in all I'm a pretty big nerd lol.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Shoddy Battle nick: dragonites
Time zone: est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-12pm
Experience level: expert in OU and CAP
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've peaked at 1700 on ladder before but generally maintain 1550. I'm pretty proficient in OU, but lackluster in UU and Ubers. I'm applying beacuse UU/Ubers has become stale and boring so I'm looking for something to enhance my battling experience. Outside of Pokemon, I'm a runner, basketball player, and high jumper for the best high school in Florida.

Note: Having been tutored before, and not needing OU tutorage, feel free to list someone as higher priority than myself if need be. If a tutor is willing to teach me UU or Ubers on the side, that'd be great.

Shoddy Battle nick: unrealportal
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-9
Experience level: Played some, have a somewhat-good team.
A little about myself: On a lot, I love this place. I'm usually on each day. Dinner will get in the way, and sometimes I will arrive late due to school stuff. I don't have an AIM. I like waffles. Oh, like the guy after me, I come from Nsider2. Not tutored before :)

Shoddy Battle nick: Rolfkip, x.x
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:00-10:00
Experience level: Mid-High
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU - gotten upwards of 1.4k on OU ladder and mid-1.4k on UU, although that was when my hax team was rampaging with like an 80% win percentage.
A little about myself: I'm a junior in high school with a 4.0, and I'm also on the basketball team. I want to learn lots more than I know at the moment. I regular NS2 (nsider2). I really would like to learn UU to a better extent, as right now I only have a general knowledge of the metagame.

I guess my most successful team to date is my Exasperation: The Taming of Lady Luck team as far as OU goes - it also got by far the most attention.

I'd like to request Legacy Raider if that's allowed, as he has listened to me before and seems to be quite nice.

Hopefully I'll get something, but I think I was just too late :\

Shoddy Battle nick: Arthok (Smogon Server), arthok (CAP Server)
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:00 to 14:00, 16:00 to 20:00 (maybe not... xD)
Experience level: Not too bad, I suppose =P
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, Ubers, OU
A little about myself: Been playing at a competitive level for almost a year. This is my second time requesting for tutoring. And uuuh... well, I hope I can make some friends here and there thanks to this experience :P Also, I like reading manga (¿?). I'm studying Java and SQL+, lol.

Shoddy Battle nick:slasher76
Time zone:PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-9 during weekdays, Weekends can vary but I'm usually on most of the day.
Experience level:Mid-Low
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU,OU
A little about myself: I'm a junior in High school who is grinding the last two years out. I am a somewhat decent battler who knows bits in pieces of other tiers besides OU. My main problems stem from poor team building ability, and inconsistency.

Shoddy Battle nick: Flamewheeler, SubZer0, Spearfrost
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mon-Thur: 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm; weekends: whenever
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes, I absolutely would!
Experience level: Moderate, I've made the Uber and UU leaderboards, but nothing else.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: Well, I've been playing the game since R/B/Y, but competetively only since D/P. I'm not that bad of a player, but I do know that I need help. I was once an ok OU player until scizor started rampaging. After that whole change, I could never grasp the new style of play. I still have trouble with it. I'm always ready to learn and I like people who can break everything down for me.

I'd like to request Kevin Garrett as my tutor. We're on at the same times for the most part.

I know I'm too late :(. Effing cleaning all day! I've been watching everyday. The one time I don't...

Shoddy Battle nick: Nook
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-9 pm
Experience level: Not very good.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Just OU
A little about myself: I have played Pokemon for about a year, and really enjoy it. I find team building to be difficult, but I am decent at predicting and other aspects of battling.

I'm requesting DawnBringer if he is tutoring this round, since I know him pretty well and he is cool.

Shoddy Battle nick: DeezeNuts
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours : Anytime
Experience level: I dunno, lol
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Just OU
A little about myself: I like to have fun

I like Kevin_Garret because he has a cool name

Shoddy Battle nick: Kare
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10 PM-17 PM
Experience level: Found Shoddy at the start of this summer, but I'm not that bad. Current rank at OU ladder is about 1393 I think.
A little about myself: I'm a 17 year old guy from Norway. Some other hobbies are training and cs:s.

Shoddy Battle nick: pai_pai
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): flexible
Experience level: around 1 year
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: looks like I'll be missing this one for the third straight time <_<

Shoddy Battle nick: Mee2
Time zone:Est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4:00-5:30 7:30-8:30
Experience level: Ok I guess
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU UU
A little about myself: Got into battling a couple monthes ago.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok more than enough applicants for this round! Assignments will be up tomorrow morning hopefully.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, all tutors have been assigned this round, sorry to those who didn't get in. Good luck this round, happy tutoring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)