Apprentice Program - "Round Fourty Six" - Zone A (2 PM - 10 PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to "Round" 46 of the newly re-designed Battling 101 Program.

This thread only applies to people in the Timeslot 2 PM - 10 PM. This timeslot is in GMT -5 time. If you are active during these times, this is the thread for you.

Here is how the program will work:
  • There are X tutors available
  • When this thread is posted, and people start signing up, the first X people will be assigned to a tutor in that Timeslot that handles the desired tier.
  • The rest of the people (# of posters - X) will start filling the queue. Obviously, since there will be three threads, there are three queues. Obviously, there will be 9 queues.
  • When a tutor finishes tutoring his/her tutee, or the tutee becomes inactive, the tutor moves on and picks the next person in their queue that wants to learn their tier.
  • If the queue is too full, signups will be closed for a short amount of time.
  • If you don't want to get tutored anymore, feel free to delete your post. If a tutor sees that you have not been online in over five days, you'll be skipped.
  • Note: Tutors should not teach their student for more than three weeks.
Tutees are required to send in evaluations. These are vital in judging how the tutors do.

Please fill out this application and post it:

Username:
Your timezone:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

For now, there is no tutee tournament, that may return in the future along with other changes.

IMPORTANT:
YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you MUST be able to use Shoddy Battle.

Assignments:

OU:
DawnBringer - Noey19
August - apologies
Great Sage - GoldenKnight
Reverb - YTP
Plus - Noidicus
Calciphoce - BunnyMaster
Huntofthelion - Lift(Elevator) Music, Alphacme
Kd24 - Enigmatic Shadow
Atticus - Silent Storm
Scofield - Fall
Krack - king_leroy_xiv
Kevin Garrett - Cost
Vashta - Tsunami
Giant Enemy Crab - comp
Limitless - askaninjask
JabbatheGriffin - _Rewer_
Fuzznip - TheHitman
cyberzero - The Real Elmo
Mekkah - Swift Strike
SilentEcho - Broken Wing, Hellriser, Yondie
Flashstorm1 - Plato

UU:
tennisace - Roshi
reachzero - Wilechase
moi - Terywj
LonelyNess - boredomisbliss

Ubers:
Bloo - Dark Wolf
Bojangles - Blawkhawk11
Gen. Empoleon - Subtle Enigma
Ace Matador - Flamewheeler, TONY MONTANA (Zone C)
Fabbles - KingEmpoleon
Ashley - Leave of Absence

ASSIGNED TO AUGUST

Username: Atheist Cult
Shoddy Username: Consumed, Rule Britannia
Your timezone: GMT (I can easily be around at the allocated time so no worries there.)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old male from England and in-between college courses right now so I have plenty of free time, so I think it's the perfect opportunity to improve my battling skills I'm still relatively new to competitve battling even know I've been playing the cartridge games since RBY. Around 8 months or so ago I didn't even know what IVs or EVs were and almost everything I know about competitive pokemon I've learnt by reading the various articles on this site and browsing these forums. I've made it onto the leaderboard a few times but I struggle to get past #35 or so. I think my teambuilding needs a little more work than my in battle skills do because I don't think I've ever made a really good team, I was only able to make it onto the leaderboard by using teams that somebody else has created. Other that pokemon some other things I enjoy are: music (metal being my favourite genre, but I'm open to pretty much everything), other video games (Metal Gear Solid and Assassin's Creed being two of my favourite series) and watching films, I usually end up seeing at least one every week and I don't really have a genre preference, I enjoy all kinds of films, some of my favourites include Drag Me to Hell, Bruce Almighty, Teeth, The Uninvited and Shallow Hal.

Thanks for your time.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO GREAT SAGE

Username:GoldenKnight
Shoddy Username: GoldenKnight gk
Your timezone: GMT -8
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm really just a normal guy from California, except of course for playing pokemon. Besides being pretty good in Little Cup (lol), I'm pretty bad in every other meta. I'm pretty active on IRC, I go on just about every day, so finding me shouldn't ever be to tough. If it's possible, I'd like to request Beej or Philip7086 as I've heard great things about them both and I see them on IRC or on shoddy close to daily.

Blackhawk11

one on one
ASSIGNED TO BOJANGLES

Username: Blackhawk11
Shoddy Username: Blackhawk11, Horizontal, Vertical
Your timezone: EST
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a relatively smart high school junior living in Michigan. I play soccer and run track for my school, but I'll play just about any other sport non-competitively. I love science and math, and I also enjoy writing in my free time. Also, I've got two little brothers who annoy me on a daily basis.
Pokemon is my guilty pleasure. Very few people at school know I play it, and as far as I know none know I play it competitively lol. I'm decent at OU and UU, but I've never ventured into the Ubers realm (except for one match, which I won lol). I need to know everything about the tier, including preparing for threats and just straight up battling in Ubers.
Edit: Forgot to mention, I have access to IRC and AIM, although I rarely use the latter.

ASSIGNED TO JABBATHEGRIFFIN

Username
: Rewer
Shoddy Username: Uhh, i have alot of ones. Anything with Rewer, Sun Crash, Forgotten Wishes, Brodnoob, Brazilian Attack are a few ones
Your timezone: GMT -3. I go very much on IRC so this isint a problem at all.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU i need help in team building and playing against each type of team, i cant build a team with a big glaring weakness. UU, because i need to know how to play it lol
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Bruno, im 13, and started to play pokemon in the internet very early, when i was 10, in 2007. Near April 2008 i stopped to play pokemon and only get back this year, March, when i joined smogon. But in all this time, i didint learn how to play this game correctly and i really want to because its a very nice game.

Thanks in advice for any tutor who gets me.

ASSIGNED TO KD24

Username: Enigmatic Shadow
Shoddy Username: Kilik
Your timezone: GMT(England - I can be on later if needed. I don't mind.)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU / UU (OU preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a former student who has been battling competitvely since the RuSa 200 days on RSBot. I've never been one of the elite and would like to learn how to become more skilled in battle. I'm not great at team building and other areas but am experienced in OU play.

I'm a bit of a Nintendo fan at heart (but not a fanboy as such), love my films, drinking and hanging out with friends and I am a former moderator at a Mortal Kombat fansite (mortalkombatonline.com) where I have produced numerous threads on character concepts, story ideas, arena design, gameplay enhancements etc.

ASSIGNED TO VASHTA

Username: Tsunami
Shoddy Username: Brisies
Your timezone: Eastern
What tier do you want to lern?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently in a specialized high school in New York, got into competitive battling about 6 months ago. People find that it is easy to talk to me, and thinks as me as a little brother. I am interested in playing sports, not watching them, love to read books, argue, and talk about stuff in general. I've also been fairly successful in the ladder, hoping with Battle 101 to become a leader boarder, and an intelligent contributor to Stark

Edit: I'd also like to request Kevin Garrett for my tutor if possible

ASSIGNED TO GIANT ENEMY CRAB

Username: Comp
Shoddy Username: Comp
Your timezone: GMT -8
Tell us a little about yourself: Well my usename is comp but i perfer being called Javi. On my free time I ussually play pokemon and skate with my freinds I learn pretty fast. I have been into competetive play for most of the year but cant teambuild and thats what I want to learn.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO LIMITLESS

Username: askaninjask
Shoddy Username: terrell owens, askaninjask, askninjasks
Your timezone: EST
Tell us a little about yourself: I play mafia mainly, but I'd like to get to know how to play the standard metagame. I play LC pretty well, the highest I've been on the LC ladder is #2. I would really like to learn how to make a successful stall team.

ASSIGNED TO CYBERZERO

Username: The Real Elmo
Shoddy Username: "The Real Elmo"
Your timezone: GMT-5
Tell us a little about yourself: well now, I'm a 18 year old college freshman who's been playing pokemon since G/S. I currently have no major, but have been taking community college classes on Japanese, Mathematics, and Economics. I've been lurking smogon since spring 07. And I recently earned the Eagle Scout rank of scouting.
Recently I have been trying to become a more active member of smogon, but cannot decide what I should focus on to benefit the community.
(besides becoming more active, lol)

If i could be so bold, I would like to request RB Golbat as a Tutor.

EDIT: well darn, i should have read the FAQ first. I'll go make some more posts, I really want to get in this round.

ASSIGNED TO ACE MATADOR (UBERS)

Username: Flamewheeler
Shoddy Username:Flamewheeler, Spearfrost, and a few others.
Your timezone: GMT-5 (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, Ubers, UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, most people know that I play a lot of UU, I also like to participate in tournaments, although I tend to hold them up xD. I am a freshman enrolled at my local community college. I'm pretty easy to get along with and I listen very well. I enjoy having lessons that will challenge my knowledge, hence why I like joining LNT's--to a certain extent, they test your imagination, as well as how adaptive you are to new metagames. I can't think of much else to say, so I hope this is enough.

Requesting Kevin Garrett, he agreed to tutor me back in the old system, but I never got in...sadly.

Assigned to Gen. Empoleon (Ubers)

Username: Subtle Enigma
Shoddy Username: Subtlle Enigma/Switching Lanes
Your timezone: GMT -5 [EST]
What tier do you want to learn?: OU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm just your regular teenage kid living in New York City. I have various different hobbies, video games being one of them. Not only do I dedicate myself to Pokemon, however, but my interests also include sports such as basketball and football. I also like to hang out with friends just have a good time. I've been playing competitively for a little over a year now. And while I do feel that I am somewhat decent at this, I feel that there is potential for so much more, this is what I'd like to accomplish by entering this program.

Assigned to Atticus

Username
: Silent Storm
Shoddy Username: Silent Storm, Unholy Calamity
Your timezone: GMT +0
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (and team team building)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 19 year old college student studying interactive media. I have been in the competitive wifi community since 2008 and I know the basics. What I have trouble with though is keeping consistent, team building and overall confidence. I believe this is the best place to get better and learn more about the game.

Assigned to Tennisace

Username
: Roshi
Shoddy Username: The Roshi
Your timezone: EST [GMT-5]
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in high school who lives 30 minutes from Atlanta, Georgia. I've been playing pokemon since the 90s when it came out in the form of Red Blue and Yellow, however I only recently started battling competitively when I finally got a DS and Platinum. I joined shoddy in september and started learning how to play competitively. Besides pokemon, I played soccer up until I was 16 for my high school (9th and 10th) and now play tennis for my school and neighborhood USTA team (11th and hopefully this year). I'm not top 50 of my class, but my grades are really strong [and I'm black] so I know I'll get into a top American university. Currently applying to twelve schools, and I only have five left to finish (application/essay wise).

I've been lurking on smogon since August when I noticed the tutor programs, however I managed to miss both rounds (44 and 45) literally by hours due to waking up late, etc. (man people really wanted to join) I'm an active member of the PokeCommunity, but they don't have a strong competitive focus nor do they offer tutoring so I've been waiting for Round 46 to release. (Again, I checked yesterday afternoon and found nothing. I woke up this morning to find this thread already on page 3)

I also want to become a more active member on smogon, but I feel like I can't really submit my opinions (in the battling threads) because I don't know what I'm talking about all too well (while others spout statistics and numbers like crazy to back up their claims). This tutoring program would really help me become more confident in that regards

I'd love to be tutored by tennisace just because his profile resonates with me and we are somewhat similar (two big things; both seniors, both play competitive tennis). Although I'd like to learn more OU than UU, I feel like we'd get along really well and I don't mind going to UU which can be crazier than OU at times (larger variety of pokemon)

Assign this user to tennisace when available ~Philip7086 (Done)

Assigned to Calciphoce

Username
:BunnyMaster
Shoddy Username:BunnyMaster
Your timezone:GMT-5 (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 13 who has been lurking the forum for a few months now. I live about an hour away from Pittsburgh in a small town. I am a huge Steelers fan and love to watch football.

ASSIGNED TO LONELYNESS

Username
: boredomisbliss
Shoddy Username: boredomisbliss
Your timezone: EST (GMT-5)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a senior in high school, just about to get my EA results in on Tuesday, and depending on how that goes I may have a lot of time or not as much time. I play tennis and participate on a myriad of academic extracurriculars.
I've been playing competitively for a while, and have had moderate success on the ladder. I am primarily looking for help with team building more than anything right now.

Assigned to DawnBringer

Username:
Noey19
Shoddy Username:Noey19
Your timezone: GMT -6
What tier do you want to learn: OU, and NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I live in MN. During my free time I like playing pokemon, reading, playing boot hockey, or watching movies. I have been in competitive battlin for about 3-4 months now. I am willing to learn to be a more active member here on Smogon, and a better battler.

Assigned to Krack

Username:
King_leroy_xiv
Shoddy Username:king_leroy_xiv
Your timezone:Central, -6GMT
What tier do you want to learn?:OU mostly, but Uber would be cool.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student thinking about studying kinesiology. I work at a gym as a housekeeper but recently became certified as a trainer and I am looking for a job in that now. I'm interested in many types of games, shooters, action, but mostly RPGs. My favorite sport is football, but I'm current training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and soon Muay Thai. I'm been interested in the tutoring program for sometime but haven't had the time with school, work, and bjj. I have a long vacation from school so I have a little time. I hope to learn more about team building so I can win many more battles and hopefully compete in the next VGC.

Assigned to Bloo

Username
: Dark Wolf
Shoddy Username: Dark Wolf
Your timezone: gmt -5
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a mexicab pokemon player who has been playing pretty much all his life. I really did'nt start in copetitive battling until 2007. My main problem seems to be team builduing, but i think i could improve all around if i got a good tutor. I like to listen to music when im home, and exercise when i have time. I also like fighting games a lot, so yeah. Thats pretty much it. Id also like to request reachzero , but if that isnt possible philip7086

Assigned to HuntoftheLion

Username:
Alphacme
Shoddy Username: Alphacme
Your timezone: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 18 years old guy and I am going to school everyday, so it's hard for me to be available during the day (but it's possible for me to be accessible from 7pm to 11pm (weekdays), most of the time). I like playing pokemon and I can afford to spend time on the game, so I would like to learn how to play competitively, or rather, polish my skills at the game, on the competitive side. I've been playing pokemon since the very first generation, but I never played seriously before the fourth generation, which doesn't give me that much experience. The main things I would like to learn would be how to build an effective team and how to perform very well in battle (like how to predict effectively, how to get important knowledge concerning the metagame or anything else useful). Of course, if my tutor wants to make me learn anything else, it will be my pleasure to do so. Learning or getting advices on how to be an active member of the smogon community wouldn't hurt either. I've already been tutored once, but I still think I could perform better; and that's why I would like to be part of round 46. Also, I was only introduced to "Offense"; I think it suits me better than "Stall", but regardless, I would like to be given a little bit information on how to play this style as well.

If more information is needed, send a PM and ask.
Thank you.

Assigned to Mekkah

Username:
Tarquin
Shoddy Username: Tarquin. / Tarquinmacdonald / testlax
Your timezone: GMT
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a fairly friendly and helpful individual who really wants to make something of his previous success and ongoing love of this game. I enjoy most media except sport (aside some motorsport) I have been battling for almost two years, seriously since I joined Smogon forums and would like help with team building (my structure and strategy are often flawed, despite heavy research), using said team to its full potential and playing strategy, to aid my consistency when battling, my worst feature.

I don't think I've had 15 posts in the last month on ten separate days, as I have been making notes and seeking inspiration, merely looking over the forums, I have seen no place where I would want to comment. I fail to see how this is important I am an active person here, on everyday and up to date.

Assigned to Scofield

Username
: Fall
Shoddy Username: Fall.
Your timezone: GMT - 8
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi there. I'm a teenage dude from California. I'm laid back and I love to do crazy things. I've been playing Pokemon for almost 9 years, but only got in to the competitive part of it a few months ago. I've got most of the basics down when it comes to battling, but I want to learn better team building and complex strategies.

Assigned to Moi

Username:
Terywj
Shoddy Username: Terywj
Your timezone: -5 GMT (Massachusetts)
What tier do you want to learn?: UU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: The name's Terywj, and I've been invovled in the UU competitive scene for as along as I can remember. I think I am doing well but want tips on how to perform better in general. Also, I am interested in learning how to play Ubers, but have zero intel on how to play.

-Terywj

Assigned to ReachZero

Username
: Wilechase
Shoddy Username: Wilechase
Your timezone: CST (-6)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the wilechase from YT, so you may know a bit. I am an above decent competitive battler I think, but I could always stand to learn more. I know with some proper smogon tutor, I could easily improve my skill and be better at the game and be able to further my skill, and able to entertain my fans more, and just be happy with my skill in general.

ASSIGNED TO HUNTOFTHELION

Username: Elevator Music
Shoddy Username: I have lots but I'll tell you
Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: Advanced advanced OU / basic basic UU
Tell us a little about yourself: OK here we go:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)