1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Apprentice Program: Round Seventeen

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Aeolus, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Assignments will be made soon. Please be patient.
  2. hellvader

hellvader

Netbattle nick: Pokevader, RSpro
    Time zone: Asian Pacific Time, Singapore
    Regular Online Hours: most likely 9am to 11am and probably some days of the week in the afternoon frm 2pm to 4pm..
    Experience level*: Rookie player, know a little about the fundamentals of the game.
    A little about myself: Learnt abit about professional battling from GSC Elite, a formidable singapore player. But still haven't grasped the whole concept.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC Standard/Ou. team building, basic switching stuff, basic strategies ,tacties and so on.
  3. Lone Star

Lone Star

Dunno if I'm too late but yeah I think I finally want to get serious with this and would like some help getting started.

Netbattle nick: -Saint-
    Time zone: EST
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays around 2-6 pm, Can't be on during the weekends, save for late at night.
    Experience level: I guess I'm an alright battler, I understand basic concepts I think, I just always feel like I'm missing something.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU.
  4. narwhal

narwhal

i think i missed it but meh.

Netbattle nick: PatTar
    Time zone: GMT -8
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): when i can.
    Experience level*: pretty good, but i have no experience in Ubers or 200 or GSC.
    A little about myself: hi i'm pattar. i like pokemon.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: RS Ubers / 200 / maybe GSC OU.
  5. sivin

sivin

I don't know if this is still open or not, as some have said above. Anyway worth a shot!

Netbattle nick: Sivin
    Time zone: Eastern.
    Regular Online Hours: Anytime, PM me on xfire(holb) or AIM(cuz78rice) if not logged in Netbattle.
    Experience level*: You tell me! :p
    A little about myself: I have played this game since the begining, but was drawn into the competitive play of the TCG more so than the game itself. I am very new to competitive battling online and see that my cookie cutter battling will no longer cut it.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Team building, opponent moveset reading, R/S, OU and UU.
  6. Sektmoska

Sektmoska

Netbattle nick: Lil John YEAHHH (stupid, I know.. I just couldn't think of anything at the time ...)

Time zone: I am in the CST timezone.

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5pm - 3am, weekends.. 3pm - 5ish am

Experience level*: Well, my experience level is pretty low. I know the basics, I suppose.. but I haven't really played since Pokemon Gold/Silver, I did buy Sapphire and played it for a while but I didn't really make it to the elite 4, or have any real battling experience on it. Just general 1player things, only played versus trainers, had a Blaziken level50 or so, in Gold version though I battled with my friends a lot in 3rd grade, I had a pretty good team of 6 lv. 100's, had a full pokedex, etc etc. and in Red I did about the same that I did in Gold, I battled with friends at Lunch/Recess, had some general experience.. full pokedex.. but you know I was only about 8 years old.. so.. yea, heh. I do have a huge willingness to learn, I am very much so looking forward to Diamond/Pearl, and being an active and good trainer in the wifi battling, it seems like it will be very fun.

A little about myself: 16, live in Texas, I used to be a World of Warcraft addict, but now not so much. The addictiveness kind of wore off after realizing it was just a huge poopy pile of time sinks, and retardedness. Blizzard screwed up too much with that game, it really isn't that great of a game. I play on my computer a lot, and since I quit WoW I was looking for something new to do, and with Diamond/Pearl on the horizen...well.. I figured, why not? I've been browsing the GameFAQ boards for a few days looking for strategies and such trying to buff up my skills before Diamond/Pearl came out, then I got on NetBattle and heard about the tutoring program, figured this would be a perfect thing for me to do, why not learn from the best? Because I do hope to be one of the best at Diamond/Pearl, I am very highly willing to work with a tutor if I do happen to get assigned one, and I will definitely try to do my best to learn. (Sorry for writing so much.. :/)

Generation(s) I want to learn: I would like to learn 3rd gen UU. Tactics, good strategies, team building, good move sets and such.
  7. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Ok, all assigments have been made. I apologize to users who signed up on the second page... but all the tutors have been handed out. Please sign up next round. Thanks all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)