Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Goomy_Hat
Pokemon Showdown Username: cardboard12
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 4:30 - 7 PM, 8-11 PM, anytime weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in the U.S. and is interested in electrical engineering and the pokemon Goomy. I'm a complete beginner to competitive battling (I only really understand EV training) and I want to learn how play competitively. I've played a few battles with my friends, but that's it. I want to be in the program to learn how to build teams and play better in the most popular tier there is.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.

Why I should be tutored?:
For every educated battler, there's more battles to fight, and having more and better battles are the objective of the system.
I can learn quickly if theories are explained, meaning I won't require too much effort to teach.
Everybody needs a starting point.
I haven't found any success attempting to learn from the rest of the internet.

Username:Imara
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, 5pm-1am
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a trainer since a relative gave me a used gameboy color and pokemon red,blue and yellow back in 1999. My favorite is Crystal (which is probably obvious due to my avatar). I fell in love with dark types with the release of Umbreon and Houndoom. I work with all sorts of types though, and have raised various teams and dabbled in breeding. Aside from pokemon, I'm a college student pursuing a license for massage therapy. I'm somewhat a gypsy and backpacked the country on foot.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes
Why should you be tutored?: I've raised pokemon simply for the fun and love of my pokemon. I'm interested in competitive battling and would like to raise a specific team with proper IV training so that they may battle to their fullest potential. I believe I can achieve this through coaching of a smogan tutor and it would be an awesome experience. :)

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 M/W/F I'm usually available from around 4pm to 12am. T/th I'm available from 6pm to 12am. Weekends it varies but usually 2pm-11pm is a good range
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a psych major, mostly play ubers and interested in getting to learn the OU metagame to help when I decide to jump into 6th gen ou so I thought about applying again. I'm a sophomore in college, I live in Cali among other things.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes sir

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Rohail
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rohail
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; I'm available from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m on regular weekdays. My schedule is always bizarre on weekends, but I'm usually available from around 5:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old Canadian from Toronto, Ontario. I'm an active GP checker here on Smogon, and hope to become a Sim Mod in the near future :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes ^-^

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Meloetta<3
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: (Pokémon Showdown:) Meloetta<3V
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT:01+00, Monday, Thursday, Friday 19:00-21:00, Tuesday 19:30-21:00, Wednesday 17:00-21:00 ,weekends usually 12:00-23:00, this weekend maybe 1 hour.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Meloetta<3, and I finally want to be in the tutor program for ONCE because I got rejected every. single. time. I like Meloetta's and Glaceon's and Mega-Mawiles. I am usually online on http://tervari.psim.us/ or http://joimslab.psim.us/ so yeah. I can play on main if you want. My real name is Mike. I love playing BW2, but I never really got in another gen. I live in the Netherlands.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Ofcourse.

I have been skipped every single time so far, round 75, and 2 rounds before that.
;_;

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

AB2 – ceciunni [BW OU]
Ace Emerald – PokeTrainerKurt [BW UU]
Annoyer – Funkydude97 [BW NU]
BKC – Broken Wing [ADV OU]
Charmander – InsaneDragoniteHD [BW LC]
Dice – Deathrender [BW OU]
Dragonuser – Meloetta<3 [BW OU]
EonX- - Rohail [BW RU]
FLCL - bridget !! [BW NU]
Go10 – Gourang [BW Ubers]
Hot N Cold – xjuliocesar [BW RU]
Jirachi – Goldenratt [BW OU]
Metal Sonic – CainAurora [BW UU]
Molk – Delari [BW RU]
Plus – underdog05 [BW OU]
Remedy – Cajias [BW OU]
Silvershadow234 – swordeh [BW RU]
Somalia - ABaker [BW OU]
Soulgazer -PumpHead [BW NU]

As you may have noticed, we have a BW NU slot open. If anyone would like to signup for that, PM me and I'll pair you up with Soulgazer.

Lastly, a lot of you wanted to signup for XY OU. That tier will be available (and many more) starting in January.

Last edited:

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PumpHead was the first person to message me, so he is now paired with Soulgazer in BW NU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)