Apprentice Program: Round Twenty One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
We are ready to begin Round Twenty One of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last for the next 2 weeks ending on February 23th, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Twenty One Matchups:

Jackal - Marker617
Aldaron - puggy
JabbaTheGriffin - Sikh Assassin
Maniaclyrasist - eric the espeon
Judgement - SkullScar
jrrrrrrr- Kinlap
Venom - Buzzler
Taylor - chaotic_george
Silver610 - Eclipse.EXE
Lee - Zephyrman
Slice n Dice - footballfanatic
Havak - link6491
Havak - Twash_Man
StrangerDanger - othin
Seph - wayff13
zerowing - Mercenary
Aeroblacktyl - Lovely
Calciphoce - NightFalcon
Mysterious Stallion - deantin
Max - SumPersonGuy
Spaniard - Spitfire
Bologo - bball1210
cornflake - Chrzard007
Brawlex - Blissey_ODonnell
the Lexx - Daimean
Iggybot - tennisace0227
Tochukaso - burntsocks
leech lyfe - marthick
Blue Kirby - Hawk
PR3DAT - Xaio
Great Sage - CyanSkies
husk - TheArrow2
marrilpet - CJames
CLegacyM - Jet Li

AVAILABLE TUTORS:

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: Marker617
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On weekdays, anywhere after 3:00 usually. On weekends, I'm almost always available.
Experience level*: I can battle, but my prediction and team building skills need quite a bit of improvement.
A little about myself: I got into competitive battling around the end of the Advanced era, so it was a little late to master that. I've been breeding competitive pokes for a while now, and I would like to have the skills to use them.

Assigned to Aldaron

Shoddy Battle Nick: Puggy, Blue Haired Lawyer, Vanilla Ice and I Love Garlic
Time Zone: +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I think 4:30 - 5:30 on weekdays. I frequent shoddy fairly often on the weekends.
Experience Level: I'm a decent battler (IMO) but I have trouble with team building. I also have trouble with working out what evs my pokes should have.
A little about myself: I've been battling competitivly for about 1 or 2 months now. I enjoy watching anime, playing video games and much more!

Alittle while back I asked Aldaron If he would tutor me. He agreed, so if it would be possible I would like to be paired with him.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Nick: Sikh Assassin
GMT: EST (- 5:00)
Online Hours: 3 to 10 PM on Weekdays and 12 AM to 11 PM on Weekends
Experience Level: Novice / Apprentice, I know everything about IVs and EVs, but my Team Building, Prediction, and other skills are aren't that good
A Little About Myself: I live in NJ. I am trader but now I am more into competitive battling and this is a chance to prove myself and learn more! I want to be a great battler above all so I can battle in tournaments and most of all have a lot of fun then saying "Aw man, I lost again, this sucks" and then some curses over and over again

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick:eric the espeon/erik the e-spoon
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): what is easten in GMT? urm.. its - 5 is it nott? anyway i think for most of you it will be 4 am-6 am then 12 midday to 1
Experience level*: i have been playing competive pokemon for about 5 months, and considor myself to be a decent battler, but whenever i go against a top player i find myself totaly outmached. i have got within 0.02 points of the top 100 on shoddy but never quite got there.
A little about myself: urm... i have been home educated most of my life, live in england, have played pokemon non-competively since RBY, have played competivly since discovering smogon about 5 months ago. i like.. thinking about most stuff from new poemon movesets to how thw universe started to well.. most things.

Maniaclyrasist has helped me out a bit in the past and he sugested i ask for him when i joined.

Assigned to Judgement

Shoddy Battle nick: SkullScar
Time zone: I live in New York so I'm guessing that, that is EST.
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2:00 P.M. - 3:00 A.M. (bad sleeping habits) I'm only on during the weekends because of school.
Experience level: Average, more or less.
A little about myself: I've played pokemon since my days in the schoolyard, but I've only recently gotten into competitive battling with the release of D/P. I spend too much time looking up information about pokemon(not specific pokemon, but pokemon as a whole) and not enough time actually battling, and I think that has hampered my team making and ability to understand how to be a successful competitive battler.

Assigned to jrrrrrrr

Shoddy Nick: atenthirtyone
GMT: EST (- 5:00)
Online Hours: After 8:00 PM on Mondays to Thursday. 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Fridays. 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM on weekends.
Experience Level: Novice, I have knowledge regarding the metagame of D/P. (I spend way too much time lurking and reading forums) I lack experience on battling, and can also use some help on fine tuning teams.
A Little About Myself: I am a college student who found myself interested into Pokemon battling after I got a DS and played against my friends. However, the DS is very restricting on team building due to the fact that breeding IVs is very time consuming, and some Pokemon are very difficult to obtain. While, I don't expect to win tournaments, I would still like to improve in this game.

Assigned to Venom

Shoddy Battle nick: Carloscvx
Time zone: Central (Chicago)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Monday-Thursday 4pm- 10pm, Saturday 4pm- 7pm,
Experience level*:A little about myself:

According to gamefaqs, I am one of the elites. I don't find this to be a satisfying title. I used to be really good during the first Gamefaqs vs. Smogon thing a long time ago. Now, I can't even build a winning team if my life depended on it.

Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Battle nick: chaotic_george
Time zone:
GMT0
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Usually after 4pm, till 11pm.
Experience level*: On a scale of 1-10, I'd say 5
A little about myself:
Like most of us noobs, began to enjoy Pokemon since Blue, all the way through until I met Competitive In D/P. Yet again like most people we know the basics but we can't just get there...
The most annoying thing, is that I think about movesets/strategies/tactics all day long - I wish I could put that to good use.

Assigned to Silver610

Shoddy Battle Nickname: None, I don't use shoddy anymore
Time Zone: GMT-5
Regular online hours: 3PM-10PM weekdays, all day weekends.
Experience Level: Well, I don't have much of a way to rate this. I can use a team pretty well, but I can't make one for crap due to my inability to choose what I want to do. If someone can help me enough to teach me how many "Walls", "Sweepers" and other such things to use, then I should be fine, strategy comes as part of my nature.

Contact: MSN works best for me, since I don't really use shoddy anymore unlike the rest of you. If you would rather talk to me on there instead of just using private messaging, my email address: tylertdl@hotmail.com

Assigned to Lee

Shoddy Battle nick: Zephyrman

Time zone: GMT

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): What does Eastern mean? GMT -5? I'm usually online 10pm to 1am, GMT, maybe four nights a week. That's when I'm at home. I'm on in college sometimes, but don't have access to Shoddy there.

Experience level: I'vebeen playing online with maybe six months or so. I tend to hover between a 1350 and 1420 rating on Shoddy, so I'm really only about average...hence why I'm applying. I read the Pokemon analysis' alot, and most of the threads in the Pokemon forums. I have a fairly basic knowledge of competitive battling, the metagame...and that's probably about it.

A little about myself: Played Pokemon since Red/Blue. I'm a college student, final year accounting. I'll be doing a masters next year. I play basketball with the local team. Just got an R4 so I'm addicted to that at the minute!

Thanks

Assigned to Slice n Dice

Shoddy Battle nick: nibbler491
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7pm-1am
Experience level*: I'm rather experienced in battling, been playing for 5-6 months and have gotten pretty good at prediction, but would really like to work on my team building.
A little about myself: 17, Junior in HS. Like playing CS:S and pokemon(obviously). I like Basketball and Football(hence the username) and have been addicted to GH3 recently. In free time, I generally post on forums(here and IGN) and play video games.

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle Nick: None

Time Zone: GMT

Regular Online Hours: 9:30 to 10:30 Weekdays usually, Weekends 8:00 to 10:00 Typically, On computer a lot between classes, but irregular hours. Will be on more in next couple weeks.

Experience Level: I have a basic knowledge of the metagame, but not much. Need help team building and would like somebody to bounce ideas off. I read the analysis' a lot.

A little about me: Kind of new to competitive battling, have played Pokemon since Red/Blue. I check my email frequently, so if that is easier to reach me through then my email is link6491@gmail.com. I am on computers a lot of the day, but might not be able to talk depending on if I have a paper due or something. Any help would be appreciated.

Assigned to StrangerDanger

Shoddy name: Othin908(Whenever shoddy decides to start working with my computer)
Time Zone:Central
Online Hours:7-11
Experience: I can battle decently but need help with team building and prediction.
A little about myself:Started battling competitively mid way through the advanced generation.

Assigned to Seph

Shoddy Battle nick:Wayff13
Time zone:Pacific
Regular Online Hours:11:00P.M.-8:00 P.M. Est
Experience level:Alright, I know some standard movesets, but I suck. I don't know how to make a good team without weaknesses and I'm not up to date. I didn't know that Obi made a team until weaks later. I would also like to improve my predicting skills.

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: Merc

Time zone: Pacific

Experience level: I know the fundmentals of the metgame. I just have probelms with team building, and what to do under ceration sistuations.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: N/A
Time zone: Midwestern/Central US.
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Hm 11-2 AM, varies from time to time.
Experience level* Lol iv'e battled a bunch before on other forums but i just need general help because i'm so predictable and i just need team building help in general.

:A little about myself: lol idk, i heart the pokes?

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: NightFalcon
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours: 3-10
Experience level*:A little about myself: I think I'm pretty good I can win battles, but when it comes to general battling on Shoddy I can never get myself ranked higher up. I'm hoping that through this program I'll get better =).

I want to be a apprentice too!

Assigned to Mysterious Stallion

Shoody battle name:Dean

Timezone:GMT -8.00(Singapore)

Regular online hours:8.00 a.m to 10.30a.m

Experience level:Has trained over 40 pokemon to lvl 100,all properly breeded,EV trained,movepools correctly taught,has earned all the symbols except one in Emerald.Defeated tower tychoon in D and P.Have no Wi-Fi but has battled people outside and won 17 times,lose 5 times.

A little about myself:Dont know how to chech your IVs

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: SumPersonGuy
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekends, pretty much all day.
Experience level*: I haven't battled very much, but I've won most of my battles. I would like help with my prediction skills and team building skills.
A little about myself: I like to play GH3, I'm a freshman in high school, and I loves t3h pogeymahns.

Assigned to Spaniard

Shoddy Battle nick: Spitfire
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Eastern is GMT-5, right? Then I guess it's 2 to 5 PM during weekdays. During weekends it's usually longer, but the time varies.
Experience level*: Not exactly hopeless, but I could definitely use some improvement.
A little about myself: I've been playing competitive D/P since last summer. I started Shoddying a month ago (I win roughly 50% of my battles). I'm not very good at making teams yet, and I could use some improvement on my prediction as well. As for my playing style; I prefer using BLs over OUs but I usually use only 1-2 per team. I use offensive teams, I like fast-paced battles.

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: bball1210/Twist of Fate
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 5-8 PM, Weekends: Ranging time periods
Experience level: B-/B approximately...Play a lot of DP
A little about myself: I want to continue to improve as a battler and fine-tune my skills. I know a lot about the metagame, but have trouble making counters to specific threats and making proper plays at times.

Assigned to cornflake

Shoddy Battle nick: acr2007
Time zone: Eastern (I live in Conneticut)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1-2 hours per day
Experience level*: My newest team has a record of 40-2.

A little about myself: I think Im pretty good but I hang out at very elite sites such as Pokethology. Players there are very very good and have great records and most have 95+ win percentages. I want to be recognized there and I want to become better myself. I hope to sign up for the next major Smogon event tournament.

Hopefully I filled out the requirements correctly, If i didnt please tell me and I will edit my post. If it isnt too much to ask can you please assign me to either Stranger Danger, Blue Kirby or Aldaron?

Assigned to Brawlex

Shoddy Battle nick: pigskin
Time Zone: Central Time
Regular Online Hours: 4 PM - 5 PM
Experience: I started Pokemon in Red/Blue/Yellow technically, but I've only started to care about anything past the E4 during Advance. I joined a lesser-known site when I started playing competitively. I played a bit of NetBattle, but as far as D/P goes, I've only played a few WiFi battles. I lurk this site regularly, and only just created an account because I saw registration for the tutor system started again. I don't play a lot of competitive gameplay, and am a helluva lot better at "theorymon" than actual gameplay, so I thought I'd sign up for this.

Assigned to the Lexx

Shoddy Battle nick: Daimean
Time zone: Eastern (I live in Conneticut)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-9pm
Experience level*:
A little about myself: I've played most of the pokemon games, In D/P I've only played a few WiFi battles. I this site I only just created an account but never used it. I don't do a lot of competitive game play, so this is good practice for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)