Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Congratulations to Sikh Assasin for winning the first ever apprentice program tournament. Perhaps there will be more to come! But it is time to get back to business as usual!

This round will last until July 5, 2008

We are ready to begin Round Twenty Seven of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last until July 5, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Twenty Seven Matchups:

StrangerDanger - Stathakis
imperfectluck - Hypnox13
Taylor - Olie
Havak - Skyld
Silver610 - Redblows42k
Bologo - Coconut Storm
Tangerine - Mothim
Great Sage - Metho D
CaptKirby - Lightning-Z
The Lexx - Elevator Music
Aeroblacktyl - Lyfsaho
maddog - sportfreak
Yagami Light - Loras
Gouki - TheBeast
Maniaclyrasist - Cringe
Calciphoce - Caelum
Blu - -ixil-
Brawlex - Aquilae
IggyBot - Grey
BlueKirby - R2-D2 Rules!
Gormenghast - Bman23433
zerowing - Kirbychu
Max - Minijinx
JabbaTheGriffin - novelty
Slice n Dice - matty
Spaniard - Virelai
Judgement - peachy243
husk - Sapientia
jrrrrrrr - Shade
Jackal - Mastadi
Shiv - RareBreed
Ancien Regime - Anti-Pop
KinglerDude24 - lloyd007, da big blast
DeLorean - weakestlink33

MS - Dark_123
Tsurukawa- Tech975

Available Tutors:

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

Assigned to StrangerDanger

Shoddy Battle nick: Stathakis, Luke-Testing, L00ke
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): on the days that I'm on, I'm on just about all day, as there's not much else to do. But when my cousin comes over, she monopolizes the computer, and I'm not on at all on those days.
Experience level*: Well, I consider myself to be "decent." I actually have only had reliable shoddy access (i.e. I can play for more than like 10 mins) since around the beginning of June, so I'm fairly new to the whole battling thing, though I've played a bit in the past and worked a lot in theory. At the moment, though, I've been through a huge slump, playing horribly. In the past few weeks, my teambuilding skills have also slipped away. I'm applying for this to improve my battling skills, get back my teambuilding, and get out of this terrible slump that's been plaguing me.
A little about myself: Well, I'm not entirely sure what to say here. This isn't exactly the easiest thing for me to do right now, but I'm swallowing my pride and applying for a tutor. I'm hoping this will do me some good.

As far as tutor requests go, I don't really care who I get, as I'm confident all of them can help me. Someone who enjoys playing heavily offensive teams would be preferred, because I think they'd be able to help me the most, seeing as that's how I play.

Assigned to imperfectluck

Shoddy Battle nick: DemonicTutor
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Various Times [On more often because of summer break]
Experience level*: I think I am fairly decent and my prediction skills are ok. I've gotten on the ladder a couple of times and I am currently 82 on the Shoddy ladder. I would say I need serious help with team building. I've been using the same team for about a month in a half now T_T I want to be able to build myself a well rounded team. I guess I don't know squat about synergy, which movesets are appropriate, and which natures are needed. =/
If its at all possible i would like to request Gormenghast as my tutor. thanx ^_^

Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Battle Nick: Olie
Time Zone: GMT
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): 12-6 most days.
Experience Level: In battling: okay, in theory: kick-ass!
A little about myself: Well, Olie is actually my name, I like soccer (wow... Turkey won again?) and I just want to learn!

Edit: Yay, i got Taylor!

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: Skyld
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-9pm I suppose, but my hours are flexible.
Experience level: Very low. I've studied a lot of YouTube wifi battles and watched about half a dozen on Shoddy, and I've also played a few IRC-based battles in gens 2 and 3, but judging by some of the level of skill I've seen thus far I know I'll need some practical advice and experience.
A little about myself: I'm British and like Pokémon. My favourite foods are salmon and crisps. My main goal in life is to see the day when bears are given a greater representation in Pokémon. I mean, Ursaring rocks, but there's so much untapped potential waiting to be... well, tapped. I don't know any of the tutors so I don't mind too much which I get.

Assigned to Silver610

Shoddy Battle nick: Shaggy
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Earliest 9 am to 12 pm everyday. evening 7 pm to 9pm
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've done the appentice program once before and that helped me start battle better. But I really lack in team building, none of my teams been anything good. A tutor that is good in team building would be great.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: BLOOK
Time zone: eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually 2-8 PM
Experience level: moderate

A little about myself:
im an odd person i use basically UU and sometimes BL

Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nickname:
thebeast28

Time Zone:
Central

Regular Online Hours:
noon-midnight, almost always available (central)

Experience level:
3.5/10 have done a few competitive battles here and there, sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I just have the right pokemon in my party. I want to get better so I can get into it more. My biggest problem appears to be picking the right team that fits my play style and then learning to use the team properly.

A little bit about myself:
As I said before, I am 17, my name is Alex. I really want to get better, I am a fast learner. I enjoy playing RPGs mainly Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. I'm a huge football fan. I played the first, second and fourth gen pokemon games. I want to be a game designer, am probably going to school for it next year.

No preferred tutor, I'm just ready to learn!

Signing up.

Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick: Cringe
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies, since I work. Usually am available MOST nights, except between 8-11 PM on Sunday-Wednesday.
Experience level: I've actually been battling competitively since Netbattle was in its GSC days. However, I haven't played in quite a while, and would like some help familiarizing myself with the current D/P metagame as well as having somebody help me brush up on my tactics, as I find that I'm losing quite often on Shoddy nowadays. I would also like to note that I am pathetic at team building, and that is where I need the most help. Once I get into a game with a decent team, I usually can figure out what I'm doing with it in a few battles, but I suck at generating teams on my own. Any help would be appreciated.
About myself: Hi all, name is Steve. I'm going to be entering my sophomore year at Brandeis University at the end of the summer. I'm working right now part time (30 hours a week), on a varying schedule, so I will have to be in contact with my tutor about when to set up lessons. Anywho, I've been playing Pokemon for years and am looking forward to playing with you guys.

Assigned to The Lexx

Shoddy Battle nick: Elevator Music would be my most common one
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): It's fairly spuradic to say the least. I can be on from at least an hour a day to over half the day. I can be on at pretty much any time would be the point. You should almost always be able to catch me on at around 5:00 EST (PM).
Experience level*: I'm actually not sure whether or not I need tutoring. It couldn't hurt I guess. I've been fluctuating in the top 60(-ish) for a while now. I just figured this program couldn't do any harm (in fact, I wish I had been around for the previous round).
A little about myself: There's actually not much to put here to be honest. As much as I hate admitting it, I'm just a competitive battler looking to see if he can get better.

Like I said, not sure if I actually need the tutoring. Could someone that actually knows my skill level make the call to see if I do? EDIT- After seeing some of the people that have signed up this round I think I'm at just the right level for this.

Assigned to Tangerine

Shoddy Battle nick: Mothim
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Should be almost any time in theory, but I work and as a result may not be absurdly flexible. Chances are, however, that I will be around.
Experience level: Have played competitively for about a year now, but haven't been able to fully grasp the concept of team building and, frankly am just not on par with every one else in the competitive arena.
A Little about myself: Trying to get back into competitive battling and want to use this to slingshot me into the midst of the competition. I am very willing to learn, and am looking forward to becoming a more active battler and smogon-er. I am from Massachusetts, 17 years old, going into my senior year of high school, and a proud pokemon player since RBY. Not much else to say 'cept I'm looking forward to this great opportunity to learn and hopefully improve my skills to beat the crap out of my friends and maybe a couple other people here!:toast:

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle Nick: Caelum, Caels_test, Cael-test
Time Zone: EST
Reg. Online Hours: I'll probably be on a lot since I'm working most of the summer (clearly using the work computers to be "productive") so mostly somewhere in between noon - 10 at night on weekdays and sporadically on weekends.
Experience Level: I'm relatively new to battling but since the last tutoring program when I participated I've gotten much, much better (IPL you were great !). I got into the top 50 (can't remember my exact rank but it was like 44 or 47 something like that) on shoddy so I think I'm decent but I still think I could learn a lot more. All and all, I think I'm pretty good but there is always more to learn, so why not sign up?

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Lyfsaho
Time zone: GMT + 1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Erm... I guess from 4-10pm Easter time zone, but this may vary. Time Zones aren't a big obstacle for me, I can adapt.
Experience level*: Ive been battling competitively on the net since the early DP release, and have alot of experience - however, most of it on wifi, so shoddy is a very welcome alternative.
A little about myself: I'm portuguese (but my english is fine, don't worry ;), and pretty much european all around. Only came to smogon at the start of this year, and I've been on other pokemon forums since early 2007 -I definitely think this is a pretty interesting option for me to take.
As for tutor requests... Bologo, IPL or Aeroblacktyl do sound interesting, but i'd like to request jrrrrr if at all possible. If not, MoP would also be great.

Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle nick:HECTOR
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I'm on a lot, mostly during the afternoons.
Experience level*: Well as a high, I reached #6 on Shoddy. but I've been falling a bit and I would like someone to help me get back on track and to help me mostly with my team building skills since I have a rather vast knowladge of the game. I'm also very well-know on MArriland Forums, but I wish to be able to rise up, and get a rep on Smogon. I originally wanted Taylor as a tutor, but he had been taken when I had asked him beforehand. So maybe somebody like IPL would be cool, or husk. Even though I don't know them ^___^, I do know they're good though.
A little about myself: I do go out a lot with my friends and what not, and I play like, every sport in existance ^__^. I'm also Puerto Rican =D

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: Method
Time zone: PST (GMT -7 right now)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Various times throughout the day, usually between 12pm-5pm EST and later in the night between 10pm-1am EST
Experience level: I started battling back in June or so of 2007, mostly on the Marriland forums. I won the first site-wide tournament held there, facing some decent battlers (albeit on Wi-Fi) and after that I really haven't done too much battling. I've played a little bit every now and then on Shoddy Battle, but I'd love to get back involved in the metagame and become more efficient both in playing and team building.
A little about myself: Other than going online, I play baseball for my high school (which will be dreadful this summer in California). I don't really have anything else to say here, but I am looking forward to being a part of the program (if I'm accepted).

A tutor who is in the same time zone as I am would be nice to work with, but my times should stay pretty flexible throughout the summer.

Assigned to Yagami Light

Shoddy Battle nick: APurpleCow
Time zone: EST, GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2PM - 10PM
Experience level: Very low. I've just started playing Pokemon competitively a week ago.

A little about myself: I'm an RTS player at heart and was the top player in a few different RTS games. Currently I'm waiting on Starcraft 2, and what better to do in this time than to learn and play competitive Pokemon?

Assigned to Blu

Shoddy Battle nick:
-ixil-
Regular Online Hours: 7-11 pm, but later on weekends.
Experience level: I played more during late fall and early winter, but slowed down after january. I have lurked since then, but started playing again recently, but haven't been able have any real success. I wasn't that good in december, and have been playing much worse now. Hopefully this should help improve more or less every part of my game.
I really don't care which tutor I get.

Assigned to Brawlex

Shoddy Battle nick: corper, Aquilae
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays - 9pm to 10pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays - 3.30pm to about 8pm
Weekends - Any time
Experience level*: Having gone through a previous Round of tutoring (Round 25), I still feel that my teambuilding skills are not up to scratch. I would like to hopefully improve my teambuilding skills during this round as well as learn more about the game in general.
A little about myself: I enjoy competitive battling as it gives me a thrill to win and has helped train my analytical and prediction skills.

Assigned to IggyBot

Shoddy Battle nick:WIP
Time zone:Pacific
Regular Online Hours:9PM-2AM, I hop on at random times during the afternoon.
Experience level: I played primarily from last summer to winter and stopped around New Years. I've decided to try and get back into competitive battling. I'm a bit rusty.
A little about myself: I just got a Wii, and ssbb is awesome!

Assigned to BlueKirby

Shoddy Battle nick: for this I'll make a new one, R2
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 AM-12 PM, 7 PM-12 AM
Experience level*: I can predict alright, and know when be aggressive or what not, but I SUCK at team building.
A little about myself: Pokemon: I like to look around the database and look up Pokemon to see if I can make a cool(surprising moveset), although it sucks most of the time.

As far as tutor requests go, I don't really care who I get, as I'm confident all of them can help me. Someone who enjoys playing heavily offensive teams would be preferred, because I think they'd be able to help me the most, seeing as that's how I play.

Assigned to CaptKirby

Shoddy Battle nick: Lightning-Z or Azuremaster

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11:00am-11:00pm

Experience level*: Let's just say somewhat good and not so good.

A little about myself: Well I know the basics as I taught myself and other friends have helped me. I make pretty solid teams I just need alittle bit more of advice as I get the unfortunate loss 65% of the time. I'm willing to learn and I don't mind someone ripping my team apart for the sake of learning. This will be a great experience for me, thanks to the fact that I haven't been here long and I would love a more in depth teaching of battling. I just got into competitive battling when D/P came out so I might not know so much. If I do get a tutor, I'll be ready to learn and get whiped into shape! I'm mostly on Doug's serever just to let you know.

Assigned to Gormenghast

Shoddy Battle nick:Bman23433
Time zone:Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):11AM-3PM, late at night? It all depends on if i work or not. If i do it could be 1AM, if not basically any time in the evening.
Experience level*: On a scale from 1-10 i rank myself at about a 4 for skill level. I'm an OK battler, but my prediction skills suck for the most part, and when i build teams i basically just go through the Smogon list and pick Pokes that look good for whatever I'm trying to go for.
A little about myself: I've played Pokemon since Yellow, Red, and Blue, but just last summer did I "get into" competitive battling, meaning i found out about all the other stuff that goes along with the game like EV's and IV's. I don't have WiFI, so i can't battle online, so most of my battles occur on Shoddy.

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: Xolen
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1:00PM - 4:00PM is when i'm on Shoddy. I'm on Smogon 8:00PM - 12:00AM
Experience level: I'm not too new to competitive battling, but when I first joined Shoddy I knew I wanted to win a majority of my matches. I have fairly equal losses as to Wins. I'm okay at predicting, but brushing up some more would be better. My biggest weak point would be team-building.

A little about myself: I can take a joke and am not easily offended. I have a sense of humor. I've been playing pokemon since Crystal and didn't go competitive until Emerald. I am new to IVs though. I also LOVE to battle, win or lose!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: Minijinx
Time zone: GMT (England)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11am - 4pm. 4pm - 9pm in GMT
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've been battling competitively in D/P since July 2007. Since then I would say I have been successful since I have reached the Top 100 on shoddy a few times. I just can't build teams anymore and some of my skills are a bit off. Hopefully the apprentice program can fix that ;D

Dammit Taylor got taken ;_; If Possible, may I request someone with extensive shoddy battle ladder experience?

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Nick: Novelty/Noveltee
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: 12:00pm-5:30pm
Experience Level: I'm ok I guess, I've been playing for about a month, my prediction (even though my thread really helped me) isn't that great, neither are my team-building skills, I seem to be building "offensive" teams (basically 6 sweepers thrown together) and needless to say they don't give me a great lot of success.
A little about myself: Hmm, what to put here, I guess I like Baseball and soccer, play for my school team in aforementioned sports, err and I like strategy games :p. Can't think of much else.

Err I've seen husk and Jabba battle and they're both really good, It would be great to have either of them as a tutor, please ;)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)