1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO LC

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Plus, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plus

Plus XXX.
    is a Tutoris a Global Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Professor of B101

[​IMG]
    THIS THREAD WILL OPEN ON JAN 2, 3:00 PM GMT -5.
    Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SUMO LC, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Skype, Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
    • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
    • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
    • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
    • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
    • You may request priority if you were skipped previously in 2016. Link your sign-up post from last year by going to the B101 Archive located in Thread Cryonics underneath Closed Forums.
    • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
    • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• NEW: You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
    List of supported formats (open)

Any iteration of Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU/DOU/LC from any of the past generations.
    Any iteration of Battle Spot / VGC formats.

Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
    You will be banned from signing up in the future if:
    • You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
    • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
    • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
    • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
    • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3-6 months)
    Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. TraceofLife

TraceofLife lucky strike
    is a Tiering Contributor

Username: TraceofLife
    PO/PS! Username: TraceofLife
    Your timezone: +7
    Usual Hours of Availability:
    random
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): rby and oras ru tutor, i have good knowledge on stuffs, should be easy to tutor me i guess
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
    Definitely

Assigned to Coconut
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  3. Lou

Lou

Username: Lou Blade.
    PO/PS! Username: Lou Stylinson.
    Your timezone: UTC -4.
    Usual Hours of Availability: Random.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): A really bad player in any tier.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Yes, both.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yep.

Thanks.

Assigned to GOAO
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
    Shiba likes this.
  4. Maksy

Maksy

Username: Maksy
    PO/PS! Username: Dragon Lords
    Your timezone: GMT +4
    Usual Hours of Availability: Random mostly at night.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitively since 2014 trying different tiers but never got the hang of LC. Tried lc again in late ORAS and it was quite fun and now with sun moon adding some more lc pokemon want to learn the tier from an expert.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Discord, can also use Skype if necessary.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes.

Assigned to GOAO
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2017
    Shiba likes this.
  5. MiyoKa

MiyoKa

Username: MiyoKa
    PO/PS! Username: MiyoKa
    Your timezone: Gmt +1
    Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm to 10pm from sunday to thursday, everytime on friday, tuesday and saturday (morning not always)
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Regular user on showdown, member of smogon since 2015. Got a good base in competitive playing, knowledge in ORAS metas and also SunMoon metas, but never handled the Little Cup, because it's different. From monotype and french community, I pretty much can play every tier so I don't think tutoring me will be a big deal
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both of them
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to Sken
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
    Shiba likes this.
  6. tankmonx

tankmonx

Username: Tankmonx
    PO/PS! Username: Tankmonx, and starfoxfalco
    Your timezone: GMT -5
    Usual Hours of Availability: 3pm-5pm Est on weekdays, Friday all day after 3 pm, All day Saturday, and all Sunday Morning
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing competitively on showdown since the summer of 2014. Since joining I’ve laddered, and ask for advised. I’ve always found myself to be weak of team building. The RMT room and RMT forum sections have always been a help. I finally at the end of the ORAS OU metagame I was able to break 1600 which I’m super happy about. Over my yeah and a half at Smogon I’ve played users, Anything goes (which my favourite tier by far), LC, Ru, UU(2nd fav tier) and some Monotype. With the release of SuMo on showdown, I instantly dove right into Anything goes, as well as Ou. I’ve recently gotten into Ubers and Lc again. I hope with the help of battle 101 I can improve my team building skills and learn the new SM LC meta.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both

assigned to WaterlessMelon
    Shiba likes this.
  7. Mikaav

Mikaav

Username: Mikaav
    PO/PS! Username: Mikaav
    Your timezone: GMT +5.5
    Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing this for like 3 years now. I have played oras lc and was decent in it. I mostly need help in teambuilding and new sm stuff.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?:y

assigned to GOAO
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
    Shiba likes this.
  8. Lost And Found

Lost And Found

Username: Lost And Found
    PO/PS! Username: LNF
    Your timezone: GMT -5
    Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings (9 PM-1 AM EST)/MWF afternoons (12-4PM)
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Have played mons on and off for a real long time, (used to play RSE on Netbattle in my squeaker days). Now I want to commit playing mons past what I have been doing as of late (creating random HO/Offense teams in OU and mindlessly laddering while studying.) I have some decent knowledge on tactical concepts of mons (switching, doubling, predictions, trying to determine a win con at preview etc), but trying to advance my game knowledge, teambuilding, and application of these concepts.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I can use both, Lost And Found on discord server

Thanks!

assigned to GOAO
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2017
    Shiba likes this.
  9. ItzViper482

ItzViper482

Username: ItzViper482
    PO/PS! Username: ItzViper482
    Your timezone: GMT -6
    Usual Hours of Availability: After 3:30 my time on weekdays and free on weekends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive been playing lc for about a year now and am a voice in the lc room. I would really enjoy to see how higher level builds and thinks and learn how to build teams other than balance.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to WaterlessMelon
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
    Shiba and Drew like this.
  10. AD Thunderboy

AD Thunderboy Only brings gimmicks
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Username: AD Thunderboy
    PO/PS! Username: Thunderboy
    Your timezone: GMT+1 (CEST)
    Usual Hours of Availability: My nights on weekdays (6:30 pm - 11 pm my time, 12:30 pm - 5 pm EST) and early afternoon in weekends (noon - 4 pm my time, 6 am - 10 am EST)
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokemon since BW, but took a break throughout most of XY. I came back during the middle of ORAS and picked up LC near the end of it. I became active as an analysis writer with the start of SM, but have always been unable to build good teams that are not gimmicks or 'memes' as you may have noticed during my Battle of the Week, where I only brought weather based teams.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both

assigned to Coconut
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
    Shiba likes this.
  11. Drud

Drud

assigned to Sken

Username: Drud
    PO/PS! Username: Wild Drud
    Your timezone: +1
    Usual Hours of Availability: 5-10PM on week days
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play Pokemon Showdown for almost 2 years now. I have good enough smogon experience because I played a lot of tours, got into a live smogon tour semi finale
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  12. matthewc20090

matthewc20090

assigned to Shrug

Username
    : Matthewc20090
    PO/PS! Username: matthewc20090
    Your timezone: gmt-6 (cst)
    Usual Hours of Availability: I'm available weekdays from 3-10 except wednesdays. weekends i'm pretty much always available.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a pretty active OU player but i've dabbled a little in every tier including little cup. I've been playing for about 3 years and I started in late xy/early oras. I'm not great at teambuilding but i can battle decently.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only Discord
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017 at 10:30 PM
  13. Michielleus

Michielleus
    is a Tiering Contributor

Username: Michielleus
    PO/PS! Username: Michielleus
    Your timezone: gmt + 1
    Usual Hours of Availability:
    weekdays vary depending on schedule, but usually 16:00-24:00 is free. Same for weekends.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played ORAS LC, actually got reqs a few times but mostly used other people's teams so teambuilding would be nice. Battling can improve too
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
  14. WallaceTheChampion

WallaceTheChampion

Username: WallaceTheChampion
    PO/PS! Username: WallaceTheChampion
    Your timezone: GMT +1
    Usual Hours of Availability: 4-10PM on week days, 4-12 PM in weekends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play Pokémon competitively since the start of Sun and Moon, i got into round 3 from the LC winter seasonal but i played pretty bad overall and i want to learn from better players the tier.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do
  15. Ninjadog~

Ninjadog~ wildcard

Username: Ninjadog~
    PO/PS! Username: Ninjadog13
    Your timezone: GMT+10
    Usual Hours of Availability: 10AM-2AM Saturday/Sunday/Monday, busy Wednesdays, roughly 4pm-2am other days.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I got back into competitive mons around the beginning of February this year after having not played since Gen 5, dabbled a bit in each tier and LC was what I enjoyed the most so got into that. In terms of LC experience I'd say I'm decent at battling, but my teambuilding is quite poor and something I could use a lot of help with.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yeah both, I much prefer Discord though.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah
  16. HeaLnDeaL

HeaLnDeaL RIP All Hopes and Dreams
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

Username: HeaLnDeaL
    PO/PS! Username: HeaLnDeaL
    Your timezone: EDT (GMT - 4)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Varies, but most evenings I can be on
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I make CAPs. I've been bought in 2 LCPLs (now 3). I've been around a while, I'm far from new, I just want to learn SM LC since the last time I actively played LC was ORAS. I've certainly started a bit into SM LC, but I know I still have a lot to learn.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord pls fam.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.
    Drew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)