1. The moderators of this forum are Plus, IronBullet, Jio, and Shiba.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Ubers

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Plus, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plus

Plus deadass
    is a Tutoris a Global Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Professor of B101

[​IMG]
    THIS THREAD WILL OPEN ON JAN 2, 3:00 PM GMT -5.
    Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SUMO Ubers, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Skype, Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
    • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
    • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
    • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
    • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
    • You may request priority if you were skipped previously in 2016. Link your sign-up post from last year by going to the B101 Archive located in Thread Cryonics underneath Closed Forums.
    • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
    • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• NEW: You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
    List of supported formats (open)

Any iteration of Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU/DOU/LC from any of the past generations.
    Any iteration of Battle Spot / VGC formats.

Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
    You will be banned from signing up in the future if:
    • You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
    • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
    • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
    • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
    • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3-6 months)
    Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. CarbonTheSecond

CarbonTheSecond

Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
    : CarbonTheSecond
    PO/PS! Username: CarbonTheSecond
    Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Varies, usually evenings at least.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing mons on & off since around 2009-2010 or so. I was active on PS/Smogon for a good while during XY, and primarily played Ubers during that time. I went mostly inactive during ORAS, as I didn't particularly like the new metagame at that point, and am only just getting back into the swing of things now. I've generally enjoyed SuMo Ubers so far, but need to work on metagame knowledge & so on.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  3. Finding True Love

Finding True Love

Assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
    : Finding True Love
    PO/PS! Username: Finding True Love
    Your timezone: GMT -6
    Usual Hours of Availability: During the day on weekdays and on Saturday. I work nights and on Sundays. I also usually can't play Wednesday.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm an experienced and competent UU player. I main ORAS UU. I am an Ubers noob but want to learn more about the tier.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have Discord but not Skype.

Lord Outrage agreed to tutor me. n_n
    Lord Outrage likes this.
  4. Huston

Huston

Assigned to Dominatio

Username:Huston
    PO/PS! Name:HustonSmogon
    Your time zone: CST
    Usual Hours of Availability: 4-9 cst and varied on week-ends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I have been playing for 2 years here. I have played ubers in a couple seasonals but can't build and it's hurting my results. I have also played doubles and vgc
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes
  5. Omega-Xis

Omega-Xis

Assigned to Californium

Username:
    Omega-Xis
    PO/PS! Name: Omega-Xis
    Your time zone: EST
    Usual hours of availability: Mon-Fri 6-9 PM, weekends any time pretty much, it'll vary.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): Played a lot last gen in varying tiers (OU, UU, Monotype, RU) but never signed up for seasonals or anything. I haven't really touched competitive since last gen so I really don't have any idea how a lot of things work like Z moves. I'm at a loss for building anymore too since it's been half a year since I've touched anything.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Can use both but I'm on Discord a lot more.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah.
  6. Bouki

Bouki

Assigned to Level 56

Username
    :Bouki
    PO/PS! Username: Bouki
    Your timezone: GMT+1
    Usual Hours of Availability: anytime until 11Pm
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I Have a lot of knowledege in a lot of tier but i want to improve in Uber 7g. Actually i have 2 account around 1500 with my own Build but i want to improve myself specially in Teambuilding ( construction , Playstyle, core)
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes but mainly Skype
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  7. Hugo Barrington

Hugo Barrington

Assigned to Dominatio

Username:Hugo Barrington
    PS username: HugoBarrington77
    Timezone:GMT plus 5 30
    Usual Hours Of availabilty: After 12 AM
    I am a gen 7 ubers player. Knowledge level is at par. Was top 10 on the ladder twice in ORAS ubers . Just playing my first ssnls.
    Are you able to use either dicord or skype:no
    Do you understand how the blacklist works: No
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2017
  8. RedzoneX

RedzoneX

Assigned to orch

Username
    : RedzoneX
    PO/PS! Username: RedzoneX
    Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings after 6pm, Monday and Friday mornings, variable times on weekends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon at the beginning of XY, and have been a part of Showdown and a lurker on Smogon on and off during that time. I'm a frequently active user in the Competitive Tutoring and RMT rooms. My main tier has always been OU, but I've also developed interest in Ubers during ORAS and would like some more formal education and grounding in the tier so I can play it better and advise other players about it.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, Skype preferred
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
  9. AB2

AB2 is an absolute ape
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
    : AB2
    PO/PS! Username: I have many but I can primarily use AB2
    Your timezone: GMT - 5
    Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings and weekends most of the time usually after 6 PM.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played a lot of OU but I have taken a few yrs off of the game due to heavy amounts of schoolwork and loss of interest in the game. I have played since DPP OU and I have some experience playing in SPL and Wcop, but I would like to learn about sumo ubers since it has always been a tier that has interested me but I can never seem to really get into learning it. I would really like this opportunity with a more seasoned player in the tier who can help me out in this regard.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, whichever is more convenient
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  10. MeButYou82

MeButYou82

Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
    : MeButYou82
    PO/PS! Username: MeButYou82
    Your timezone: GMT
    Usual Hours of Availability: 11am-10pm weekends, 5pm-10pm weekdays.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing LC since 2013, but I still don't think I'm anything more than a decent player, and I'm not that great of a teambuilder either. I've never really done anything outside of ladder games. I want to give something new a shot because I've never properly tried another format before.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, but preferably Discord.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  11. Drew

Drew formerly LitsYaBoi1337
    is a Contributor to Smogon

assigned to Dominatio

Username
    : Drew
    PS! Username: drew
    Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
    Usual Hours of Availability: I basically available 3:30 p.m. to around 6:30p.m. all weekdays and 8:00 p.m. to 10:00p.m. every day but Thursday. I can schedule around Saturday almost whenever as well, but I'm usually busy on Sunday.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm usually an LC player, with a bit of dabbling in UU, although I have been playing a lot of Ubers lately. I mainly write analyses, and I've already written 2 for Ubers after having a ton of fun laddering, and I'd like a tutor to help me get more of a grip on battling in Ubers. I've been tutored twice, both being quite different, and yet both helping me a lot, while also being very enjoyable experiences. Since I mainly play LC, I'd like to help expand my playing to keep the game fresh for me.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, although I prefer discord.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2017
  12. Elise

Elise

Assigned to Californium

Username:
    Elise
    PO/PS! Username: Elise / vyvan le
    Your timezone: gmt+2 (+1 in like a week?)
    Usual Hours of Availability: available from 4pm to 11pm most days
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): hi there, i'm a doubles main player that has been out of the loop of playing pokemon for a while but i've picked ubers up recently and had a bit of fun with it. i'd like to refine my gameplay a little bit and hopefully transition into the community smoothly. i'd also like to learn how to build teams properly because right now i get them from pohjis. Pohjis can vouch for me yn
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2017
    Matame and marilli like this.
  13. CriticalMeme

CriticalMeme

Assigned to Mr. Perry

Username:
    CriticalMeme
    PO/PS! Username: CriticalMeme
    Your timezone: gmt-4
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 7pm to 1am. I can schedule pretty much whenever on Weekends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): These accounts are pretty new, but I have been on showdown under ChampXmaster since 2013. Ive played all official tiers since then and basically move on whenever I get bored. In Sun and Moon, I have taken to OU for the time being, but I've found ubers to be very enjoyable recently. In general, I'm hoping to refine some general skills including teambuilding, analysis writing, and gameplay so that I can really get involved as a more impactful member of the community.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both but preferably discord
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2017
  14. Lou

Lou

Assigned to Minority

Username:
    Lou
    PO/PS! Username: Lou Stylinson
    Your timezone: UTC -4
    Usual Hours of Availability: available from 2pm/3pm - 9pm.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Hey!! I've never played Ubers tbh xD I'm too bad on it and all tiers generally.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017
  15. amber lamps

amber lamps

assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
    :amberlamps
    PO/PS! Username:amberlamps
    Your timezone: gmt +1
    Usual Hours of Availability: almost anyday usually between afternoon and evenings
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm an avid low tiers player. I main PU/UU but I also enjoy RSE. I'm looking forward to learn Ubers as I have only little experience in that tier.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, both.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

lord outrage agreed to tutor me C:
    Lord Outrage likes this.
  16. Acsel

Acsel formerly Axel™

assigned to Level 56

Username
    : Axel™
    PO/PS! Username: Acsel
    Your timezone: Gmt+2
    Usual Hours of Availability: I am available most in the evenings
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play pokemon since the bw era but I quit the game often for inr problems and I'm return in the 2015 and now I continue playing competitive decently. I want to learn Uber because I've always been real interested in
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  17. Roller Jango

Roller Jango

assigned to Californium

Username:
    Roller Jango
    PO/PS! Username: Jango Roller
    Your timezone: GMT +2
    Usual Hours of Availability: Evening after 7 p.m. Sunday all day except for 6 pm - 9 pm
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in ORAS era, even if I took a break of some months when ORAS was ending and SM was starting. I always played OU, but I wanna learn Ubers too since I think it's a relly great tier. I tried a bit by playing some tours but usually I lost really bad. I like building team but seems like they don't work well.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  18. The Excadrill

The Excadrill I COULD BE BANNED!

Assigned to Minority

Username
    : The Excadrill
    PO/PS! Username: iExca
    Your timezone: PST (GMT -8)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends and late night school days
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i play monotype, just got tutored in sm ou and enjoy oras the most but sm is pretty fun as well. I want to be able to play ubers better, especially sm which is why im signing up because i think its a really great tier and you get to use legendaries, which is pretty cool. I got to round 6 of last ubers seasonals and only hope to improve from there
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
    Fardin likes this.
  19. Solgaleo

Solgaleo

assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
    : Solgaleo
    PO/PS! Username: Solgaleon
    Usual Hours of Availability: Around 8-10 PM on weekdays, 4-10 PM in the weekend
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am a RU main who started in mid 2016, I played in PSPL and had a good RU seasonal run, pretty much a newcomer who learns quick
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I prefer Discord
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
  20. Brawl MK

Brawl MK

Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
    : Brawl MK
    PO/PS! Username: Brawl MK
    Your timezone: -4 (EDT)
    Usual Hours of Availability: preferably weekend, can make times after 3 p.m. work on weekdays besides Wednesday.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been using Smogon forums/PS! since 2012 (lurked on Smogon until 2015, on other accounts for PS!). I don't really play Pokemon competitively too much, but I ladder occasionally (OU, DOU, Monotype and OMs mainly in gen 6 and gen 7). I mainly just want to learn the metagame better and get help with sets.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: preferably Discord, but I can do both.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
    Luna likes this.
  21. RedMaxx

RedMaxx

assigned to Level 56

Username
    : redmaxx
    PO/PS! Username: redmaxx
    Your timezone: gmt+2
    Usual Hours of Availability: preferably weekend, but always available
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been using Smogon forums/PS! since 2015.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: preferably Discord, but I can do both.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.
  22. rainofhatred

rainofhatred

Username: rainofhatred
    PO/PS! Username: rainofhatred/nukearcher(use nukearcher to play games)
    Your timezone: gmt+8
    Usual Hours of Availability: anytime lol, on long term medical leave in military service for some complications irl
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): still relatively new player but i played mainly ou, been able to go over 1850+ on the ladder couple of times, only play with my self-made teams, something that i pride myself in
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
  23. iRKD

iRKD

assigned to Minority

Username
    : iRKD
    PO/PS! Username: iRKD
    Your timezone: GMT -8
    Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much anytime since I'm on break for another month and half
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started with monotype, topped the ladder near end of ORAS then quit. Came back about a month ago with the notion to learn the tiers, so began with SM RU. Here's looking to get knowledged on a second lol
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Mhmm yes I do
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  24. ZekromFan

ZekromFan

assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
    : Daunt VS
    PO/PS! Username: Daunt VS
    Usual Hours of Availability: Night(8pm-1am)
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing ORAS PU but with meme teams, then in late ORAS I played ORAS OU but i was a bad player.In early SM I played OM and in voted in the firsts suspects form MnM and BH.After I decided to play only SM UU and SM uber in SM UU i am a better player but i love this tier and I want to start building solid teams.I have played some local tours from spanish PS room and Pokespain forum and extra smogon tours.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  25. Midnight Howl

Midnight Howl

assigned to Level 56

Username
    : Midnight Howl
    PO/PS! Username: Midnight Howl
    Usual Hours of Availability: 15:00 - 4:00
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played competitive pokemon for 3 years. I have peaked #1 at LC and around 100 on ORAS ou. Now I want to learn the only tier I never played, Ubers.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)