AquaTrap - Peaked at #100 in Smogon Server -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I am going to show you mi newest team with good results, I hope you like it.

I wanted to do a Rain Offensive team, but more original than the others, then I tried to use a Double trap with dugtrio and magnezone and I loved the result, the idea is trap annoying things like Ferrothorn, Jirachi and Tyranitar to sweep later with Latios and Gyarados, anyway, the team have got some big problems, then, I need help to improve it, I peaked with this team in smogon server with around 1350 points, but the hax and a pair of bad games made me go down to top 300 and then I went up at top 150 with the nick of "Heix".

----------------------------------------------------

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Function: Weather Inducer/Revenge Killer

I love ScarfToed, he is the RK of the team, when the opponent's team is weak he finish the game. Hydropump hits with STAB+Rain, Ice Beam helps with Dragons, Focus Blast for Ferrothorn, but I sometimes think in put Perish Song for baton pass teams and for things like reuniclus CM when scizor is not alive, which is easy because he is easily trapped by Magnezone, I don't need Focus Blast for Ferrothorn because I can trap him with Zone, what do you think?

The EVs are to outspeed timid Starmie and Bulky DD Dnite after a boost and have a good bulk.

@ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Function: Lategame Physical Sweeper

The idea of the set is Boost up and sweep the foe's team when Gyarados counters are not alive. Waterfall gets STAB and rain boost, then it hits hard, EQ and Stone Edge are to get a fantastic coverage.

With +1 and Stone Edge I can take down offensive rotom versions with the rocks support. A few pokémon can switch in and take Gyarados down with +1, and less with the Moxie boost...

Paired with Magnezone is a real pain in the lategame.

He can stop dangerous threats like Volcarona, Scizor, etc.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Function: Scout/Psychic Trapper

An awesome pokémon for some reasons:

1st: Stops dangerous threats like Reuniclus, Celebi (if rain is up and if he isn't Nasty Plotter), Latios (Hidden Power Fire is not a problem under the rain).

2nd: One of the most powerfull u-turn of the game, making him an awesome scout, with the support of magnezone, steels cannot switch in safely to stop u-turn, and things like tentacruel neither because of Dugtrio.

3rd: All offensive teams need a priority move to stat uppers like Dragonite with 50% for example, then Bullet Punch is awesome, it gets 90 Base Attack thanks to Technician and STAB.

4th: Paired with Dugtrio, he don't need to be scared from magnezone, because if he kills me I can trap and kill him.

5th: His typing makes a good sinergy with the team, a Dragon resistance is always good.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Charge Beam
- Substitute

Function: Steel Trapper

I think he is the most important member in the team, he makes the sweep from my 2 base pokémon (Gyarados and Latias) a lot more easy, he helps scizor with things like skarmory that switch in to stop the u-turn, kills ferrothorn, the biggest threat of the team, getting +6 atk, which is an obligatory 6-4 thanks to the BoltBeam, one of the combinations with better coverage.

He can help too with some bulky waters like vaporeon, that resist Latios and poison him.

This is now better with the excadrill ban, which stop totally the set.

Latios must not be scared from jirachi, I can take the Body Slam/Iron Head/Wish/Stealth Rock version, and if he is CM I can trap and kill with dugtrio.

@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Function: Special Sweeper

THE MVP OF THE TEAM, that thing is amazing, he makes me 6-0 a lot of teams. Draco Meteor hits so hard thanks to the STAB+awesome SpA Stat, Psyshock helps with things like virizion CM or Tentacruel and it gets STAB, Surf is for coverage with pokémon like Heatran; Hidden Power Fire can sounds a joke but it helps a lot in early game when I haven't put the Rain (I usually put it in Mid Game). If my rival have got a Ferrothorn or Scizor he thinks: "Oh, a Latios in a Rain Team, probably the set is DM, Psyshock, Surf and Thunder, then I can switch in safely" e.e, you can't. It helps a lot with my Scizor+Rotom problem, unfortunately, Latios is weak to pursuit from Ttar, if he kills me I win the weather war with Dugtrio but this make Rotom a bigger threat. It helps too with my NP Celebi problem

With the Dugtrio and Magnezone support he is unstopable in the Mid-Late Game.

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Function: Non flying trapper

The second trapper of the team, it helps a lot in the weather wars, but it requires prediction, Stealth Rock are a good support for Gyarados, ensuring the Rotom KO, Stone edge helps with the coverage and with volcarona if I am at full HP. He is an awesome support for Latios and Gyarados together with Magnezone

Someday

Sorry for the waiting men, I hope you like the presentation ^^

Team alone, even without descriptions, this team is phenominal.
If you wait for the Excadrill and Thundurus bans to go through officially, it will be even better.

Sorry men, I were editing XD, but I finished.

@Fishkiller nomore:
Yeah, Rotom-W is annoying paired with Scizor, fortunately I have Latios to stop them, but it is not a very good check

@Taylor:
Finished XD

@KorKonT:
Yeah, with the Excadrill and Thundurus ban the team works a lot better, I hope you like the team with the descriptions ^^

Then, sorry for the waiting, I hope you help me

PD: Lucario is a VERY BIG threat, he sweeps easily my entire team, any suggestion? :s

Ok, First off, you really don't want HP fire on you're Latios, go with Thunder. You say your reasoning behind it is for Ferrothorn and Scizor? You have Magnezone for that. If you're worried about Pursuit from Scizor you needn't, as Surf is a CLEAN 2HKO in the rain.

You also mentioned Lucario as an issue. It doesn't threaten this team toooo much, as you have Dugtrio+Gyara+Scarftoad, but regardless i would recommend Intimidate over Moxie on Gyarados. Intimidate is arguably better for Gyarados as he has immense bulk, giving him the ability to set up on an intimidated attacker or on the switch. But nonetheless it solves your Lucario problems, allowing you to live the Extremespeed and KO with EQ.

For Lucario, i see 2 options:

-Put Choice Scarf on Magnezone.

-Change MoxieGyarados for a more bulky Gyarados with Intimidate.

But really, the most dangerous threat is LO Starmie,

Hydro Pump OHKOes Magnezone, Dugtrio and Scizor,
Ice Beam makes a lot of damage to Latios
Thunderbolt OHKOes Gyarados and can kill Poltioed (and HP Grass doesn´t kill Starmie)

So... be careful with Starmie, its hard to change something in your team (The only reliable options is CScarfZone, and then, use a 252 HP/Sp.Def Politoed, but still Starmie is dangerous) so, try to predict starmie before he can kill you.

Btw, is a solid nice team ;) congrats.

Scarf in Magnezone is interesting, but if I put scarf Ferrothorn is a bigger problem because now I can't charge on his face and he stops my 2 main Sweepers.

Intimidate in Gyarados is interesting, I'll try it

OMG, Starmie do 6-0 to the team, but I don't know what can I change.

I am thinking on put Perish Song Celebi>Scizor but then any dragon can sweep my entire team T_T.

That can sound stupid but: Choice Scarf Scizor is my only choice, is it a good idea?, he stops more easily Celebi, Latios, he can RK with superpower Lucario and with u-turn/pursuit Starmie, what do you think?

EDIT: New EVs in speed on Politoed to outspeed Bulky DD Dnite. Offensive DDNite is a threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)