Arcanine and Milotic Calming Sweep

Introduction

I have been experimenting with this team in OU the current streak with them on showdown and online is 67/100. I'm surprised at the amount of wins they racked up, and I'd like your opinion on improvement.​

Blitzkrieg (Arcanine) @Rocky Helmet Intimidate
Adamant: 252 Attack/ 252/ Speed
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
This guy. This guy right here is an awesome sweeper. With his decent speed and attack I have him usually sweep at least three pokemon before he faints from the massive recoil. He is in no way my lead in, but he's very important to the team.

(Wingles) Skarmory @ Quick Claw Sturdy
Impish: 252 defense/ 252 sp. defense/ 4 Hp
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Brave Bird
Whirldwind
He's a lead in. Probably an obvious thing since he has stealth rocks and spikes. He's here for that and only that. If he lives past it I'll use him as death fodder.

Spark (Jolteon) @Choice Specs Volt Absorb
Timid 252 Speed/ 252 Special Attack
Volt Switch
Thunder Bolt
Dig
Shadow Ball
My absolute trump cards. This set has come in handy so many times. He can serve as a lead in or a sweeper. As a lead in I use him as a scout since he has volt. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are great sweeping movies as well surprisingly. Dig is there to give ground support though. To end I absolutely love this pokemon.

PSY (espeon) @ Light Clay Ability Magic Bounce
Timid: 252 Speed/ 252 Special Defense
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Baton Pass
Reflect
This guy is here for real serious situations. The strategy goes if a stealth rocker or a wall with little attacks is used I send him in. He sets up both reflect and several calm minds which them get sent to either Jolteon or Milotic.
FYL (Milotic) @ Leftover Marvel Scale
Bold 252 Special Defense/ 252 Defense
Scald
Recover
Ice Beam
Toxic
This guy serves as a wall and if the calm mind baton works a sweeper. My main strategy with him is using toxic and spamming recover till they die. Scald and Ice Beam where really the only other thing to give him.
1-up(Breloom) @Toxic Orb Toxic Heal
Adament 252 Attack/ 252 Defense/ 4 Speed
Spore
Drain Punch
Seed Bomb
Leech Seed
Moves and set explain itself. Put opponent to sleep, set up leech seed, spam drain punch. The seed bomb is there to take down threats like Gastrodan. He has saved me several times!

So what'd 'ya think?

Leave arcanine and milotic back in UU where they belong, but keep your fwg core by using heatran and slowbro. Brelooms evs make no sense either give him more speed so he can actually attack something, or give him more hp to utilize that physical bulk. You have a choice specs jolteon with dig that I just saw, I'll assume this is a troll team and will end there.

Leave arcanine and milotic back in UU where they belong, but keep your fwg core by using heatran and slowbro. Brelooms evs make no sense either give him more speed so he can actually attack something, or give him more hp to utilize that physical bulk. You have a choice specs jolteon with dig that I just saw, I'll assume this is a troll team and will end there.
It isn't a troll team. Sorry man I'll do that.

thenewguy24 said:
Leave arcanine and milotic back in UU where they belong, but keep your fwg core by using heatran and slowbro.
I agree with this. Secondly, switch Dig on Jolteon with Signal Beam. Jolteon hits Celebi harder than Shadow Ball. Third, replace Quick Claw on Skarmory with Leftovers.

Hoped I helped and GL!:toast:

EDIT: Episode36, why Metang? Metagross is in OU and plus you did not finish your set.

As cool as Arcanine and Milotic are, I would replace them. Keeping your Fire Water Grass Core, I would use Heatran, Keldeo, and Celebi. You can use whatever set you want, but I'm partial to Specs Heatran and Nasty Plot Celebi.

Dig is a terrible move on Jolteon. Signal Beam or Shadow Ball are much better. If you need to have Ground coverage, use Hidden Power Ground.

If you keep Breloom, I would also change your Breloom to a Technician Breloom. It's much more offensively viable. Use 252 Speed and Atk, Adamant Nature, and Swords Dance, Mach Punch, Bullet Seed, and Spore. Life Orb for the item. Hope I helped.

Arcanine is underrated. He's got excellent stats and can sweep unprepared teams. Don't let him hold Rocky Helmet though, give him Life Orb instead, or perhabs even a Choice Band. That will make sure he punch holes in teams. Be careful that you don't pit him against faster opponents.

You seem to lack a good revenge killer. Jolteon is fast, but if the opponent has a good revenge killer, you're dead meat since you got no means of removing entry hazards.

Don't listen to players that won't ever touch pokemons not in OU or Uber. Sure, those in OU and Uber are there for a reason, but a well played pokemon from UU or lower can wreck havoc in unprepared teams. I've had great succes with Arcanine, Steelix and even Persian.

Good luck!

Quick claw is a really unreliable item for competitive battling. If the idea is to get up hazards with the priority it provides, just use the custap berry set, it's a lot more reliable.

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

As many others have already told you, running dig on specs jolteon is a really bad idea. I think you should just run:

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

I also noticed you put minimal amounts of HP evs into your two walls. HP evs are actually very important when it comes to taking hits, so I'd say drop the idea of investing evenly into defense and special defense and focusing one one of the defensive stats and the rest into your hp. For example, your evs on Milotic should be revised like this. EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk.

Arcanine is underrated. He's got excellent stats and can sweep unprepared teams. Don't let him hold Rocky Helmet though, give him Life Orb instead, or perhabs even a Choice Band. That will make sure he punch holes in teams. Be careful that you don't pit him against faster opponents.

You seem to lack a good revenge killer. Jolteon is fast, but if the opponent has a good revenge killer, you're dead meat since you got no means of removing entry hazards.

Don't listen to players that won't ever touch pokemons not in OU or Uber. Sure, those in OU and Uber are there for a reason, but a well played pokemon from UU or lower can wreck havoc in unprepared teams. I've had great succes with Arcanine, Steelix and even Persian.

Good luck!
Arcanine is a great pokemon in general. However, its not too great in OU as its too slow and even Scarf sets are beaten by many scarfers, like Keldeo and Latios.

Arcanine needs some speed 95 is far from preferable, as 100 is the benchmark and 108 being the preffered (Kyu-B has the bulk to tank almost any attack so speed isn't an issue). And its power is not too great considering in OU you have pokemon with offensive stats above 120.

Persian? lol.

Steelix? Eh, I can envision it, but still unfit for OU.

I'd say the weak points for Arcanine is both his speed and his typing, making him vulnerable to entry hazards, and too slow to deal with most threats. He needs support if he is to get anything done.

Let's keep the rest of the discussion at another place, this is not the thread for it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)