SS OU Arcanine Teleport Balanced

Hi! This is my first RMT ever. I' ve been playing OU since DP, but I didn't play SM and the begining of SS, but this month I come back here to try to make my own team. First of all, I want to prove that some pokes are valid in this meta and they maybe are underrated. Ok, lets start with the team!

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Teleport

I create the team to test this Arcanine and I fall in love. Arcanine is a great user of Teleport, it is so useful pivot, you can switch in specials off threat, morning sun and teleport, intimidate physical threat and burn it or delete Ferros and Aegislash.
Obviusly, you have to be careful with ground and water types, like Dracovish, Seismitoad, Excadrill and Toxapex. Another threat is Bisharp who will benefits of defiant. I make some calcs to prove how Arcanine can handle with special threats:

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Arcanine: 291-343 (75.9 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Arcanine: 208-246 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Arcanine: 162-192 (42.2 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Outrage

In my opinion, the strongest physical attacker in OU, strong jaw + band make this pokemon awesome. In addition his typping is useful to switch in some pokes (be careful with scald xd) and with only 2 pokes we have a strong combo, teleport + fishious rend make this poke unstoppable.
As you supose, we have to deal with water resist and faster dragons, I think that the main threats to Dracovish are Seismitoad, Hydreigon, Ferro, Toxapex and Dragapulp. Here are somo calcs:

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 372-438 (93 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 190-224 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Dracovish Outrage vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Kommo-o: 320-380 (90.3 - 107.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Classic Ferro. I complete the old but gold Fire-Water-Grass core, which I completely love. I use power whip instead of body press to 0HKO Seismitoad, that is the only reason. He cover Arcanine from Dracovish and water types. He can also takes Draco Meteor from dragon types and switch in any attacker.
Ferro main threats are, as you supose, fire types, like Rotom-H, Fire Blast/FT from dracos and fight types.

4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 432-508 (104.3 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 158-186 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 12 SpD Ferrothorn: 198-234 (56.7 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Zeraora Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 142-168 (40.6 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 254-302 (72.7 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Play Rough

I was thinking about the electric immunity, and I need an all out attacker who open spaces to my Dracovish so I try this Zeraora. He also give me speed, my pokes werent fasters as I would like and I thought that Zeraora is perfect. Suposing that I lead with Seismitoad with my Ferro, Zeraora can deal with the others water types in the meta like Toxapex and with dragon and fight types like Hydreigon, Dragapulp, another Dracovish, Conkeldurr...
I have doubts about the item. I've been reading about magnet or expert belt, but i finally went with life orb because Zeraora is not prepared to switch in moves, He just benefit (again) of Arcanine's teleport.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

As I said with Zeraora, I need speed and I identify that I need someone who kills fairys, so Gengar is my boy. He outspeed great part of the meta (considering that Dragapulp dont use CScarf) so I can use him like late game sweeper (be careful with Aegislash's Shadow Sneak). He can absorb wow and toxic and, in case of play again hard stall, trick the scarf with some of these annoying pokes.
As with Zeraora, I dont calc because they arent my main threats, this pokes are useful to wear the other team away.

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 116 HP / 124 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost

As glue, I need a glue, a poke who can defog and a fairy type to counter dragon spam so I decide to tryout with Togekiss. He is a special pivot, the poke who annoy the other team with t-wave + air slash + serenade grace. Togekiss give me the ground immunity that I need because I was weak to Earthquake or Earth Power.
When I create a new balanced team I need that is necesary a poke like that, who can switch in a whole of the pokes of the meta, roost, defog and annoy.

Importable (Pokepast)

Thanks for your time guys and sorry for my english, im trying to improve it!
I would be reading your suggestions!

Yo that’s a solid team you got there. Here are my changes.

Major Changes:

1589158969250.png
—>
1589159003878.png

Tbh, I don’t know why you would make Arcanine your go to Teleport mon if it isn’t the BEST teleport mon in the tier. What gives Clefable the super big edge over Arcanine is Wish and Teleport.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

1589159181910.png
—>
1589159195266.png

Corviknight does Defog better than Togekiss thanks to its huge amount of resistances. Outside of Clefable, this is the most viable Pokémon in the tier, even more viable than Dragapult and Zeraora.

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)