Arceus (Disambiguation Page)

Approved to be posted here by Bojangles.

Arceus

Ok, it's important that I explain this before you read on, because it's very likely that you don't know what this is. I discussed this at length with a bunch of the Ubers fellows, GreatSage, and people in C&C and it seemed to get unanimous support. Anyway, this page is the disambiguation page that will sit in the "/dp/pokemon/arceus" URL on smogon and link to all of the other Arceus pages on-site.

The organization will be as follows in no particular order:
/dp/pokemon/arceus
/dp/pokemon/arceus/normal
/dp/pokemon/arceus/fire
/dp/pokemon/arceus/water
/dp/pokemon/arceus/grass
/dp/pokemon/arceus/electric
/dp/pokemon/arceus/ice
/dp/pokemon/arceus/fighting
/dp/pokemon/arceus/poison
/dp/pokemon/arceus/ground
/dp/pokemon/arceus/flying
/dp/pokemon/arceus/psychic
/dp/pokemon/arceus/bug
/dp/pokemon/arceus/rock
/dp/pokemon/arceus/ghost
/dp/pokemon/arceus/dragon
/dp/pokemon/arceus/dark
/dp/pokemon/arceus/steel
If you have any concerns or suggestions for this page, feel free to speak your mind here. Currently, I am using the on-site images for types because they make the thing easy on the eyes, but if everyone hates them, we can do something else. I also don't think that we need this page to be enormous or long; it just needs a quick and encompassing "Arceus Overview" and then the links. I'm open to discussion for added stuff, though.

I will do the (very simple) HTML for this when it is ready to go on-site, so don't worry!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

<h2>Overview</h2>

<p>After the pre-battle tintinnabulation is completed, please stare in pure, unadulterated horror and ominous presentiment at what is unequivocally the best and most versatile Pokemon in the game. Dare not incur Arceus's divine wrath, or else the consequences shall be severe and merciless, and life shall become an evanescent wisp.</p>

<p>This is where I will write an immensely awesome introduction to Arceus in general that will ooze of epicness and draw people into reading the rest of the analyses like moths to a flame. You will be dazzled by my immense, non-thesaurus-obtained vocabulary and intense mastery of the English language. In the meantime, you get to read this egotistical paragraph where I pretend I am awesome. Cheers.</p>

<h2>Disambiguation</h2>

<p>Click on the image for the type of Arceus that you would like to view the analysis for.</p>

Um...any particular reason this analysis is being made...two weeks before the next gen...for a Pokemon banned in all tiers...?

breh

強いだね
@Obesity

It's been in the process for a loooooong while; I think every arceus is outlined at least; most (if not all; too lazy to check) are in AA at least

Anyway, although I'm not an uber player, this seems to be a very clean way of formatting Arceus' many sets... good job.

Arceus is permitted on Pokemon Online, it is only not allowed on shoddy due to technical restrictions.

@Rising Dusk: this is awesome.

Two suggestions for this.

1. The Normal Arceus analysis is already using the original Opinion section. This should be worked out so that that blurb is not repeated :P

2. An EV section describing the vitamin EV limitations on Arceus should be included, so that it doesn't have to be repeated 17 times in the analyses proper.

capefeather said:
1. The Normal Arceus analysis is already using the original Opinion section. This should be worked out so that that blurb is not repeated :P
Yes, this will be the primary Arceus overview, and Normal will need another one that describes what that type specifically does.
capefeather said:
2. An EV section describing the vitamin EV limitations on Arceus should be included, so that it doesn't have to be repeated 17 times in the analyses proper.
These are described in every single set that Arceus is getting anyway, so it's kind of silly to have an overview EV section. This is why the previous EV section was eliminated in the first place.

Anyway, this has been uploaded to the site with mod permission. There are still some kinks I have to work out with an admin in order to get the Arceus analyses to work, but they'll get there sooner rather than later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)