Arceus-Fighting Needs More Love!!!

blitzlefan

shake it off!
TEAM AT A GLANCE:
This team focuses on Arceus-Fighting, and I created an offensive core of Arceus-Fighting, Kyogre, and Zekrom. They have fairly good coverage and the members cover each other's checks and weaknesses fairly well, which I will detail later. Furthermore, I added Deoxy-S for hazard support as well as to catch the bulky Steel-type hazard setters (Ferrothorn and Forretress) and also Genesect off-guard with a well timed Fire Punch. To ensure the hazards will stay on the field as well as to add the ability to phaze and nail physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp, I included Giratina-O. Lastly, Palkia was added as a good wallbreaker and a Kyogre check, but he is the one that doesn't always perform as needed and with your help, can/should be replaced.

TEAM MEMBERS IN DETAIL:

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Fire Punch

This is a fairly standard Deoxys-S, with the obligatory Stealth Rock and Spikes to ensure residual damage wrecks the opposing team. Taunt shuts down Ferrothorn and Forretress, and also helps against opposing Deoxys-S lacking Magic Coat. It prevents Pokemon like Arceus-Normal and Arceus-Ghost from setting up Swords Dance and Calm Mind, respectively, leaves Groudon and Dialga unable to set up Stealth Rock, and basically shuts down Lugia altogether. Fire Punch, as I previously mentioned, nails Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Genesect fairly hard, and makes it not entirely useless against an opposing Pokemon with Magic Bounce. Other than that, Fire Punch (as well as basically any offensive move) is useless on Deoxys-S. Most of the time though, Deoxys-S is played as a suicide lead, setting up Stealth Rock, hanging on with Focus Sash after being attacked, and getting off one layer of Spikes before dying.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Giratina-O functions very effectively as a spinblocker and a phazer. Combined with hazards from Deoxys-S, Dragon Tail does a fairly decent amount of damage to the opposing team, and also phazes away set-up sweepers like CM Arceus forms. Outrage is a STAB move that hits fairly hard and, and Shadow Sneak is a goood STAB priority move that helps keep Mewtwo, Latias, and Latios in check. Finally, Will-O-Wisp is run mainly to cripple Arceus-Normal, Groudon, and Zekrom, and in combination with Dragon Tail, can help spread even more residual damage on the opposing team.

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

The star of my team: ARCEUS-FIGHTING!!! Easily comes in on un-STABbed coverage moves and begins to set up. Few Pokemon resist the combination of Fighting Judgment and Ice Beam, and many opposing teams are caught off guard by the rare Fighting-type and get swept after a few Calm Minds. Judgment. Calm Mind and Judgment are fairly self-explanatory, as the former increases Arceus-Fighting's bulk and offensive prowess while the other extends its longetivity, enough to continue its sweep or stall out Draco Meteors and the such. Judgment is also fairly self-explanatory, as it's Arceus-Fighting's STAB move and hits Arceus-Dark, Arceus-Rock, Arceus-Steel, Dialga, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Kyurem-W for super-effective damage. Ice Beam increases coverage, and allows Arceus-Fighting to hit Arceus-Grass, Garchomp, Giratina-A/O, Groudon, Lugia, Rayquaza, Shaymin-S, Thundurus, and Zekrom. Arceus-Fighting is one of the best offensive checks to Extreme Killer Arceus as well, threatening a 2HKO with a supereffective STAB Judgment.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

This is the standard Choice Scarf set for Kyogre, and there isn't much to talk about. You've all seen what this huge whale can do. Speed is maximized to Speed-tie with opposing base 90s, and max SpA is run to insure maximum damage. Water Spout is a good spammable move early game, when Kyogre is at full HP, and Surf is good late game as STAB Rain-boosted Surf still does massive damage to most Pokemon. Thunder and Ice Beam form the BoltBeam combo, and maximize coverage as well.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch

Zekrom, in my opinion, is very underrated, and is one of the few physical attackers in the Ubers tier. Zekrom hits many Pokemon on their weaker physical defense, and Dragon/Electric provides fairly good coverage throughout the tier. Zekrom is my revenge killer, and takes down un-choiced Dragon-types with ease, as Outrage on a base 150 Atk stat is extremely powerful. Bolt Strike murders both Ho-oh and Lugia (through Multiscale), which otherwise, with their massive defensives, would provide a major source of frustration for my team. Dragon Claw is a safer option, but obviously weaker than Outrage, and Volt Switch helps gain momentum, but doesn't hit very hard and if Ground-types still exist on the opposing team, should be used with caution. In general, Outrage and Bolt Strike are the only moves to be used, and other two are situational and barely used.

Palkia @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend

Palkia serves as a Kyogre check, and with its nifty base 100 Spe stat, damages the opposing team very well, usually with a super-effective move. Draco Meteor provides tons of butthurt as a 140 Base Power, STAB move, while Surf is boosted by Kyogre's Drizzle and is fairly powerful as well. Thunder is a little redundant with both Thunder on Kyogre and Bolt Strike on Zekrom, but is essential for defeating opposing Kyogres. Spacial Rend is a safer move to spam in general, and is also a fairly powerful STAB. Palkia is holding a Life Orb to increase the damage output and to do a better job at wallbreaking for the team. Palkia's effectiveness isn't always at its maximum, so if there are any teammate changes to make, Palkia should be the first to go. However, if any moveset/item changes would make him more effective, those are welcome too.

SYNERGY WITHIN THE OFFENSIVE CORE:
First, I'll start by listing the Pokemon that the members of the offensive core will usually lose to. Arceus-Fighting will usually lose to Arceus-Ghost, Darkrai (outsped and put to sleep), Giratina-A, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo. Kyogre will usually lose to Ferrothorn, Latias, Latios, and Palkia. Zekrom will usually lose to Arceus-Steel, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Groudon. The beauty of this offensive core is that each one of them does a fairly good job of defeating the other's checks/counters. Kyogre and Zekrom will outspeed and heavily damage Arceus-Ghost, Darkrai, and Mewtwo, Zekrom nails Giratina-A with Outrage, Kyogre drowns Ho-oh with Drizzle + Water Spout, and Zekrom outspeeds and hits Lugia super-effectively through Multiscale. Arceus-Fighting sets up on Ferrothorn, while Zekrom outspeeds Latias and Latios (as they are never hold Choice Scarf over Soul Dew), and unchoiced Palkia will be outsped and defeated by Zekrom, while Arceus-Fighting will set up on Palkia locked onto an un-STABbed coverage move. Furthermore, Arceus-Fighting will typically beat Arceus-Steel, Excadrill, and Ferrothorn due to its type advantage, while Kyogre will reliably beat Groudon.

THREATS/PROBLEMS:
The team lacks a good Steel type which I have been unable to find. My first pick would have been Arceus-Steel, but seeing as my team is centered around Arceus-Fighting, I needed to focus on other options. I found that Ferrothorn and Forretress lost too much momentum, and their roles overlapped with that of Deoxys-S and Giratina-O, so they couldn't be used either. I could try Genesect, but I'm not sure how he works/how to use him, so tips from more experienced players than I would be gladly appreciated. The lack of a Dragon-type resist means that I have to rely on Arceus-Fighting's ridiculous bulk to tank powerful Dragon-type moves, and to outspeed and defeat the Dragon-type Pokemon before they can KO my team members, which is why I used to have three Choice Scarf users. Also, Arceus-Ghost, especially Calm Mind and Swords Dance variants, can easily tear through my team, as I don't have any Ghost resists nor do I have anything to hit him supereffectively other than a weak Shadow Sneak from Giratina-O. Arceus-Normal also presents a significant threat to my team, as if Giratina-O is weakened or if Arceus-Normal gains a Swords Dance boost or two, the game is pretty much lost. Since my Pokemon pretty much all carry Speed-boosting natures and rely on residual damage from entry hazards to obtain their KOs, if my entry hazards get spun away or if Deoxys-S is unable to get down multiple layers of hazards (eg against a lead with priority or Magic Bounce), chances are, I'll lose the game. Unexpected Scarf Pokemon such as Mewtwo and Shaymin-Sky really tear my team a new one as well. Lastly, teams that focus more on bulk and resistances with bulky set-up sweepers are a pain in the butt, as I focus more on hyper-offense and speed, and don't always have the power required to break through dedicated walls, and status is also a huge bitch as I have no Steel types to tank toxic, no status absorber or cleric, and my team is largely hampered by the Speed drop from Paralysis. If I have missed any significant threats to my team, please feel free to point them out. Palkia can be switched out with basically anything, and adjustments to my team members to alleviate all the problems listed would be very much appreciated.

POSSIBLE CHANGES:
These are just a couple of changes I have been considering, but don't necessarily know how to implement, and don't really know how to use in battle.
-Deoxys-A > Deoxys-S
-Giratina-A > Giratina-O
-Latias > Palkia
-Dialga > Palkia
-Genesect > Palkia

Importable:
Please leave a Luvdisc if you like/steal this team! :)

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Fire Punch

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch

Palkia @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend

THANKS FOR READING :) I really appreciate any help you can give me with this team!

Hi blitzlefan, cool team you got there! If you really want a steel type that carries offensive momentum, look no further than Genesect! It could be used over Zekrom, but I might be breaking your offensive core then.

I'd think your Kyogre could be better off as choice specs, because two scarfers can be a little weak if you are trying to bust open some tough defensive cores. Specs Ogre with spike support from Deoxys is very deadly.

Now onto some ev spreads you could try.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 176 Atk / 248 Def / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

A Giratina-O set made by Anikrahman1995. It serves as a great one time answer to e killer arceus. It can check Mewtwo with shadow sneak, and Ho-oh with Outrage. The speed is for Tentacruel, and so is eq.

Also, max attack on Deoxys-S is fantastic, because many people lead with Genesect against it. That way, you can OHKO it.

252 Atk Deoxys-S Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 276-328 (97.52 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Good luck with the team! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)