Arceus-Grass (0/3 QC checks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this analysis is ready for its first QC checks. Or blocks of walls hurting my ego .cry. Anyway I hope to get in done in 2 weeks max.

Introduction

- Stops key threats such as kyogre and groudon, grass arceus' ability to check the latter is one of the main reasons to use it. <-- it checks both, and having the ability to perform well against all Ubersweather setters (even ttar) is huge.

Also change "decent" to "good" when describing Arceus's bulk, 120/120/120 is more than decent :p.

Support Set

Mention that the choice between TWave and WoW depends on what your team needs...generally Stall teams prefer its ability to spreads Burns and cripple physical attackers, and more offensive teams like the para support. Of course, there are exceptions to that rule, and if Grass Arceus forgoes Earthquake, TWave can still cripple Gengar.

Usage Tips

Move the first bullet point to Set Details. See my earlier post in this thread to see where you can improve on this section (if you need help here, feel free to ask me).

Team Options

The part that needs most work. Please be specific, because Pursuit Chople TTar and Mega TTar can both live a Focus Blast and smash it back with Pursuit / Crunch. Also, when you mention Water types, mention physically defensive Kyogre to deal with Ho-Oh and the uncommon Victini. Also mention potential trappers of your own to remove Grass Arceus's checks: Grass Arceus may have many hard checks, but also walls a good amount of the metagame and if a trapper can remove one of its checks, Grass Arceus will likely make a massive impact on the rest of the match.

Other Options

Mention Earth Power as a viable options for the CM set. Hi Heatran, Aegi, Gar, etc.

Checks & Counters

Mention Victini and Toxic Jirachi in the Fire and Steel section respectively. Grass Arceus REALLY dislikes both.

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
There are mentions of hasty littered throughout the analysis still, yet yimid is the established nature.

I really really think you need to tell us why it is sometimes better to use Grassceus instead of Palkia. Palkia has several notable advantages in that it doesn't take up an Arceus slot, has much better offensive presence, threatens things such as hooh and yveltal instead of potentially inviting them in, has a freaking amaxing offensive and defensive typing, which importantly gives it a nice fire resistance instead of a weakness, can take hits from Specs Kyogre and make it go away (if you switch grassceus in on specs spout, kyogre cwn kill you if it guesses right with recover - also, spout + recover + ice beam kills grassceus iirc, so the grassceus user has to predict perfectly on future switchins). Most importantly however, Palkia is easy to put on any team and has loads of different viable sets, acts as great glue to so many teams, and is so much easier to use than grassceus.

I would also stress how Grassceus is probably the only thing you will find that can come close to countering palkia under rain - other palkia checks such as xerneas and arceus fairy get murdered by lustrous or specs hydro pump).

I would also mention that vleric support is nice, as there are so many things that carry toxic nowadays and can cripple grassceus. Klefki can drive grassceus up the wall by poisoning it and setting up all the spikes it wants. Scolipede can outspeed, lay down toixic spikes and pin missile or endeavor to piss grassceus off.

Graasceus can deal with offensive landorus therian to an extent, as the only move it doesnt appreciate is banded u-turns.

I would mention that thunfer wave is fabulous for crippling genesect that try and switch in on grassceus, as gensect will otherwise be able to get atk boosts from download due to the heavy spdef investment that you should be carrying for kyogre. Once genesect is paralyzed it can no longer check darkrai and mewtwo at all due to no longer outspeeding.

Xerneas is a good dragon check but bear in mind that defensive xerneas loses to ray if ray sds on the switch then vcreates, whilst offensive xern loses to extremespeed if it gets vcreated on the switch - remember that air lock removes grassceus's rain protection. Also, xerneas isnt so good against reshiram in neutral weather as blue flare does a hell of a lot even to specially defensive xern, whilst offensive xern also loses to blue flare. Moonblast is only neutral against reshiram as well.

I may have missed it, but ferrothorn can switch in on grassceus, poidon it and set up hazards. Forretress does the same.

Lastly, monoCM arceus can set up on grassceus for free, especially with refresh (and burn is bad against some as they can no longer be toxiced). Arceus electric can set up on twave grassceus for free as well.

Edit: forgot to mention this, but the times I used grassceus I found that scarf xerneas works very well with it. You can rock slide hooh, moonblast or megahorn mewtwo formes, and outspeed unsuspecting kyogre and moonblast it so that it cant spout any more - you can even run thunder if you like. You can customise your moves, eg running psyshock to surprise mega gengar. A nice bonus is thqt you can switch in on taunt (you have to be careful not to switch in on something nasty lile psystrike tho) and not care due to the scarf.

Also having palkia and grassceus on the same team trolls ogre hard, and the two synergize together quite nicely.

Hope this helps a bit, I like grassceus, although I think it isnt as good as it was last gen (and last gen it was quite niche).

Thunder waving blaze is nice as it sds, id rather play safe and blitz grassceus straight away.

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I'd try to look at this but the excessive spacing between lines is killing me. ;-; Could you make it a bit more visually appealing. -MM2

a message from God himself

PISTOLERO

talked to midas on PS, will be taking this over from him

whoop exams finished, time to get the analysis show on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)