ORAS UU Arrival (Slurpuff HO RMT)

Arrival - A UU RMT
Song choice bc it's my first of what'll probs be several UU rmts

Hey guys, Peef here, and I'm here with what I consider one of my more successful UU teams as of late. The team was initially built around something people are dangerously under-prepared for on the ladder: Slurpuff. I decided to build this team after a bit of REQs laddering and in practice has treated me fairly well (albeit I don't and have no intention of getting REQs due to laziness). I'm more than welcome to any criticism, of course!

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Flamethrower

The center of the team itself: Slurpuff. You only have to watch a few UU games to see how unprepared people are for this monster, and it can tear apart said unprepared teams. The set is fairly self explanatory, Belly Drum + Unburden + Sitrus Berry makes this thing unstoppable once its checks/counters have been fully eliminated. Drain Punch (which made this thing single handedly viable while I was away like oml) gives it a form of recovery, and an option to hit steels it would trouble with otherwise, Play Rough is the obligatory STAB, and what you'll be clicking 99% of the time after a boost, and Flamethrower nails some of Slurpuff's more defensive steel foes, that even Drain Punch can't break. This thing either ends up being the star of the show or complete fodder, no real in between.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail

I'm gonna be real; the main reason I'm running this thing is because at this point in the UU metagame, it's just stupid not to. It's just stupid good and can have it's way with a solid 90% of UU teams right now, with it's main obstacle being itself. I went with the Hone Claws set because it's by far the best set at the moment, with the particular EVS (4/252/252 over 40/252/216) to get the jump on other M-Aero's running the slower spread, or at least to speed tie with other Max Speed Jolly variants. Moves are simple, both of it's STABs there for maximum damage on that front, while Aqua Tails hits Rhyperior, Gligar, Hippo, basically any bulky grounds that would wall a non Aqua Tail set. Does a very good job of picking off threats for Puff, albeit they have somewhat redundant counters.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Time to break some Steel types.
Darmanitan is here for the obvious reason of fucking up Bronzong and other Steels Aero and Puff don't wanna deal with. Flare Blitz is the move you will click every single time Unless the opponent has something with Flash Fire, in which case either U-turn out to a guarenteed kill or risk the predict and EQ/Rock Slide. This can 2HKO about 75% of the metagame, and whatever it can't is covered later in the team.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

Roserade synergizes quite nicely with both Aero and Darm, as it can take on pesky Ground and Water neither is too particularly fond of fighting off. I went with a move offensive spike stacking set, as extra damage on grounded foes greatly helps Aero and Puff kill the pesky checks they each have. Technician was the ability of choice for my over Natural Cure, as it gives yet another option to bap steels that wanna trouble the original core.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel completes an effective (albeit psychic weak as fuck) FWG core with Darm and Rose, making it a given choice for my rapid spinner. It also continues to alleviate Aero and Puff's checks, and can get burns on pesky physical sweepers that want to try to threaten the team. Decided to go with physically defensive to better handle the more common Lucario set (SD w/ Stabs and Espeed). A little bulkier than the rest of the team but given it's great synergi and tility in Rapid Spin I don't see a much better option.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Explosion

Azelf rounds off the team with the extreme utility of being a dual screens Suicide lead. Screens immensely help Aero and Puff preform their jobs, often saving game tbh. Odds are you're gonna want to avoid Taunting turn one, as other leads often predict this move and go ahead for a free attack.This gives you the free corresponding screen and helps you take down whatever lead you're faced with with explosion.

Alakazam straight up dumps on this team. If I can't break its sash, I lose to it outright.

This fucker likes to win speed ties, which if that happens, I have a large hole punched in my team

Scarf Heracross has a solid option for every member of my team. Obviously getting Choice locked into an inconvenient move makes it stoppable with proper play, but still things have to die for that to work.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Return

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Azelf @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Explosion

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, simple changes to capitalize on your team's offensive-minded strategy.
  • Mega Aerodactyl's 4 HP EVs should go into defense to get an extra Stealth Rock switch in.
  • Since Steel-types give you such trouble, and since you want a strategy centered around Slurpuff, I should recommend using a Pokemon with memento, something like Chandelure. As a result, I recommend the following changes to your offensive core:
    • Changing Choice Band Darmanitan into Life Orb Reckless Mienshao, giving you more speed with very similar offensive coverage.
    • Use Chandelure instead of Roserade, preferably Scarfed w/ memento as the last moveslot.
    • Since you're not using hazards, you shouldn't waste your time with a spinner. Use Empoleon instead of Tentacruel, with Defog and Stealth Rock w/ Scald and Roar.
    • Use Cresselia instead of Azelf, using the following set
Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 56 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance / Toxic
- Moonlight
  • This gives you more longterm setup opportunities

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
On Slurpuff, you only need 228 Speed EVs to outspeed the last relevant Scarfed threat at +2, Infernape, so 28 EVs can be invested in bulk.
Also, Return is by far superior to Flamethrower to beat Crobat, Tentacruel, Nidoqueen, and have an accurate, powerful hit on offensive threats so you dont always have to go for Play Rough. Flamethrower is really weak and only hits Forretress and Doublade harder than the rest of your moves and you have Darmanitan or Chandelure if you take King UU's suggestions to punish those, Tentacruel/Empoleon can also take them on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)