Art is a Bang

*Art is a BANG

I've been using this team for a while and it's quite fun to use .It's not my best team,but it has a pretty high win percentage.So,here's the team:

Smeargle @ focus sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs:252HP/4def/252spd
Jolly nature

-Spore
-Protect
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock

Smeargle is one of the best leads at the moment,being able to spore slower leads and lay spikes/SR.
It's also a fine lead against stallteams,which are very popular.
The reason I gave it protect is because of infernapes fake out and it's useful for scouting as well.

Heatran @ leftovers
Ability: Flash fire
EVs:248HP/56spa/204spdef
Modest nature

-Rest
-Sleeptalk
-Earthpower
-Lava plume

My status absorber/sp.wall.Since Smeargle doesn't have magic coat and roserade leads are getting popular,
I decided to go with heatran as my status absorber
.Lava plumes 30 % chance of burning is sweet and it can cripple switch-ins like gyarados and salamence ,
which is nice.

Tyranitar @ Choice band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs:150HP/252atk/108spd
Adamant Nature

-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Aqua tail

My latias counter.CB tar is just beast.
Having pursuit,
it will trap latias,in case it tries to switch.Stone edge hits pokemon such as mence and gyara.
Aqua tail is useful for hippowdon and gliscor(which both get 2HKOed)
With 108 spd EVs,it can outspeed skarm,so it can't spam it's roosts.

Rotom-H @ Choice scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs:252HP/40def/216spd
Timid nature

-Trick
-WoW
-Shadowball
-Discharge

My antispinner and metagross counter.
Trick for incoming walls,WoW cripples physical sweepers.
Shadowball hits other rotoms and discharge takes care of gyarados and other water.

Gliscor @ leftovers
Ability: Sand veil
EVs:252HP/40def/216spd
Jolly nature

-Toxic
-Taunt
-Roost
-Earthquake

Preventing forre or skarm from setting up with taunt and preventing blissey from recovering,
this gliscor is a true pain for stall.This is also my lucario counter.Being paired up with tyranitar,
sand veil can be really useful.

Latias @ choice scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs:6HP/252spa/252spd
Timid nature

-Trick/HP fire
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Draco meteor

I've always liked scarflatias.It's a good revengekiller.
Thanks to this thing,I can't get swept by DDmence or agility empoleon.
Since I have trick on Rotom-H,I don't think latias should have that move as well.
HP fire can be useful for scizor switch-ins.

And that's it,RMT =)

A pretty good team all around. Weavile might cause you some problems though, since typically Weavile has Night Slash, Ice Punch/Shard, and Brickbreak, which alone could destroy your entire team. Just hope Weav doesn't have Ch. Scarf!

Now, on to the team...

I'd replace discharge on Rotom for reflect, because scarf rotom probably outruns Banded Weavile. Set up reflect on a switch, or when weavile comes in.

I'd replace EQ on Tar because Gliscor already carries Stab EQ. And if item clause is on, I'd give Lati a Ch. Specs and Tar a Ch. Band.

Hope I helped :)

THREE CHOICE SCARVES ON ONE TEAM?!?!?!

Okay, so the element of surprise of ScarfTar is cool, but I fail to see the advantage of using it when you have ScarfRotom and ScarfLatias. Rotom does fine at stopping Luke, and Latias stops Ape cold, regardless of held item and moveset. Tar doesnt have to worry about attacks from Starmie or Lastias thanks to SS (their attacks fail to 2HKO, unless starmie is throwing LO Hydro Pumps at you.) Therefore, I see no reason as to why Tar has to be Scarfed. I would run the typical Choice Band Tar, so you can pack more of a punch and wont get turned into set-up fodder.

Not much to say outside of that, other than this team is well done, and pays attention to the serious OU threats out there. Kudos to you for that.

THREE CHOICE SCARVES ON ONE TEAM?!?!?!

Okay, so the element of surprise of ScarfTar is cool, but I fail to see the advantage of using it when you have ScarfRotom and ScarfLatias. Rotom does fine at stopping Luke, and Latias stops Ape cold, regardless of held item and moveset. Tar doesnt have to worry about attacks from Starmie or Lastias thanks to SS (their attacks fail to 2HKO, unless starmie is throwing LO Hydro Pumps at you.) Therefore, I see no reason as to why Tar has to be Scarfed. I would run the typical Choice Band Tar, so you can pack more of a punch and wont get turned into set-up fodder.

Not much to say outside of that, other than this team is well done, and pays attention to the serious OU threats out there. Kudos to you for that.
Scarfrotom is only meant to trick walls such as blissey and lax,not as a revengekiller,you're right about the ttar,I'll try the CBset.Thanks

A pretty good team all around. Weavile might cause you some problems though, since typically Weavile has Night Slash, Ice Punch/Shard, and Brickbreak, which alone could destroy your entire team. Just hope Weav doesn't have Ch. Scarf!

Now, on to the team...

I'd replace discharge on Rotom for reflect, because scarf rotom probably outruns Banded Weavile. Set up reflect on a switch, or when weavile comes in.

I'd replace EQ on Tar because Gliscor already carries Stab EQ. And if item clause is on, I'd give Lati a Ch. Specs and Tar a Ch. Band.

Hope I helped :)
I don't have any problems with weavile,since rotom can burn it and latias can take an iceshard and KO it with DM ,besides,no one uses it.Without choice scarf on latias,I can get swept by DDmence,so I'll keep the scarf. The CB tar is a good idea.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
First of all, I would suggest changing Latias to a more defensive set & spread but then you would have no way of beating Salamence or Gyarados after they DD, so I'm just going to fix some other things.

Restalk Heatran is pretty outdated so I'm gonna suggest replacing him with the SubToxic set. With sandstream on your side this set can do some serious damage if you manage to get a sub up. It will also help you against stall as it can set up against Blissey, especially the ones that only carry Flamethrower or Ice Beam.

Lastly, I really don't think 3 choice scarfers is working for you. Latias needs Scarf to outrun Salamence and Gyarados after 1 DD and Rotom needs it to outrun Jolly Lucario, but Tyranitar would function better as a bulky CBer. Make sure to invest EVs into SpDef and HP so that he still does a good job against Latias.

First of all, I would suggest changing Latias to a more defensive set & spread but then you would have no way of beating Salamence or Gyarados after they DD, so I'm just going to fix some other things.

Restalk Heatran is pretty outdated so I'm gonna suggest replacing him with the SubToxic set. With sandstream on your side this set can do some serious damage if you manage to get a sub up. It will also help you against stall as it can set up against Blissey, especially the ones that only carry Flamethrower or Ice Beam.

Lastly, I really don't think 3 choice scarfers is working for you. Latias needs Scarf to outrun Salamence and Gyarados after 1 DD and Rotom needs it to outrun Jolly Lucario, but Tyranitar would function better as a bulky CBer. Make sure to invest EVs into SpDef and HP so that he still does a good job against Latias.
I've tested CBtar( EVs:150HP/252atk/108spd,the speed EVs to make sure it's faster than skarm)and it works better than the scarferset,so I'll change that here.Resttalk tran is pretty outdated indeed,but he's my only status absorber and it's quite useful against rotom-A,which can set up with Chargebeam. Which EVs do you suggest on the CBtar,since specslatias can be a pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)