1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Articles Link

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by JellyOs, Oct 21, 2011.

1. JellyOs

JellyOs

Okay, minor nitpick. When you click on Articles on the smogon homepage you get sent to the D/P articles section, not the BW. I don't know if it's intended, just saying it though.
  2. (makeup)

(makeup) kevin
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

while we're talking about articles links, why is the layout so weird?

currently we have

smogon.com/

1) bw/articles
    2) dp/articles
    3) articles/

(3 gives general articles)

why don't we just do smogon.com/articles/* with bw or dp able to go there

btw I don't know if this is intentional but /articles is a broken link without a forward slash at the end
  3. Delko

Delko
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. JellyOs

JellyOs

There's still a B/W articles page, so shouldn't the home link go to the current generation?
  5. DJXO9

DJXO9

I'm also pretty sure that there isn't a hyperlink anywhere to http://www.smogon.com/articles/ on the homepage when there definitely should be. Atm the only way to get there is to manually type it in.
  6. Arcticblast

Arcticblast (im)patiently waiting for SPL
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

While this is here, the BW page doesn't have its own hyperlink despite there being a place for one and it existing.
  7. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yes, we're aware of the terrible way articles are currently organized. There's a re-design in the works to fix that =)
  8. capefeather

capefeather no shit
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There's always a redesign "in the works"... I don't think we should let parts of the site or sim rot for the promise of a redesign. I thought we learned from "Shoddy Battle 2" and Doug's redesign plans (not his fault, but not something that is preventable in the current case, either).
  9. TheBaron

TheBaron

^I could not agree more.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)