Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LO Tornadus-T 4Atk Naive Superpower vs. 252/0 Careful Jirachi : 28.21 - 33.16%

Specs Tornadus-T 252 Timid Focus Blast vs. 252/224 Careful Jirachi : 31.93 - 37.62%

As long as you're not running a weather inducer that's not Politoed, Tornadus-T can't touch Jirachi.

Would any of the experienced Gen 5 battlers like to collaborate with myself to make a viable (to whatever extent that may be) Trick Room team? I have used Trick Room since early in Gen 4, and had many successful teams, as far as Trick Room teams are concerned at least. I just got back into the game and am still learning the ropes of Gen 5, but my goal of getting a Trick Room team nominated for archival is still alive and well. Please and thank you.

Hi
When u calibrate for rng abuse it says u should either go infront of a stationary pokemon OR go to the wild (with a pokemon that knows sweet scent). My question is, can u use a gift pokemon instead? By that i mean instead of checking lets say virizions IVs u go and check a fossils IVs. Would that work?
Sry im VERY new to this...
Thank you in advance!

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, but I guess I try to post here since the high traffic.

So, I'm building a double battle/VGC '12 metagame around this guy:
-Thundurus
-Metagross
-Rotom-W
-Latios
-Salamence
-???

I need a pokemon for the last spot, what pokemon should I have? Fake Out abuser? Abomasnow for screwing opposite weather? A pokemon to combat Trick Room user?

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, but I guess I try to post here since the high traffic.

So, I'm building a double battle/VGC '12 metagame around this guy:
-Thundurus
-Metagross
-Rotom-W
-Latios
-Salamence
-???

I need a pokemon for the last spot, what pokemon should I have? Fake Out abuser? Abomasnow for screwing opposite weather? A pokemon to combat Trick Room user?
The place would definitely the VGC sub forums SQ/SA Thread!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70286

How can I play Smogon again, its no longer on Pokemon Online? Or maybe I don't have the newest update? NEED SOME HELP, i just wanna battle again. Havent played in 6 or 7 months.

I know it's not too important because the item's pretty much never used, but does Eject Button activate after the first or last hit of a multi-hit move? Also, if it activates on the first hit, does the attack end after Eject Button activates?

Edit: More relevant question I guess. How do Pinch Berries interact with multi-hit moves?

How do Pinch Berries interact with multi-hit moves?
The pinch berry is eaten as soon as the holder's HP falls below 25%, even if that is in the middle of a series of multi-hit moves. So if Cloyster used Icicle Spear against a harmed Skarmory and Skarmory only fell under 25% on the 3rd strike, it would go like: Icicle Spear hit, Icicle Spear hit, Icicle Spear hit, pinch berry eat, Icicle Spear hit, Icicle Spear hit. If the berry eaten was a Ganlon berry for instance, the last 2 strikes of Icicle Spear would factor in the new +1 Def boost

This page claims using a recoil move against a Substitute wouldn't cause damage to the attacker (so if, say, Staraptor uses Double-Edge against something behind a Substitute, Staraptor wouldn't take any recoil damage). Is this true? Because in Showdown they *do* take recoil.

Why is it that sometimes on Showdown!, I'll use say Thunder Wave on my Blissey knowing my opponent may switch in something like Toxic Orb Breloom; their Toxic Orb activates before my Thunder Wave makes contact? Is that a bug, or is there a reason behind it? (e.g. Person A. uses Thunder Wave, Person B. switches in Breloom, Person B.'s Breloom's Toxic Orb activates before Thunder Wave makes contact)

Why is it that sometimes on Showdown!, I'll use say Thunder Wave on my Blissey knowing my opponent may switch in something like Toxic Orb Breloom; their Toxic Orb activates before my Thunder Wave makes contact? Is that a bug, or is there a reason behind it? (e.g. Person A. uses Thunder Wave, Person B. switches in Breloom, Person B.'s Breloom's Toxic Orb activates before Thunder Wave makes contact)
That's a bug. Under correct mechanics, you would paralyze the Breloom before Toxic Orb would activate (at the end of the turn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)