Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bred a box full of Bulbasaurs, which would you say is the most potent? I'm planning to use sludge bomb/energy ball/leech seed/sleep powder.

Bulbasaur - #1 (Modest)
HP: 10 - 19
Att: 22 - 26
Def: 22 - 26
SpA: 23, 28
SpD: 20 - 28
Speed: 20 - 28

Bulbasaur - #1 (Quirky)
Att: 12 - 21
Def: 2 - 11
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 20 - 29
Speed: 31

I'm worried about the low defense IV on the Quirky one, I want it to be able to survive, but I'm also amazed by the high SP.Def/Sp. Atk and Speed values. The modest one gets a free boost to Sp. Atk since I won't be using physical moves. Thoughts?

I just bred a box full of Bulbasaurs, which would you say is the most potent? I'm planning to use sludge bomb/energy ball/leech seed/sleep powder.

Bulbasaur - #1 (Modest)
Att: 22 - 26
Def: 22 - 26
SpA: 23, 28
SpD: 20 - 28
Speed: 20 - 28

Bulbasaur - #1 (Quirky)
Att: 12 - 21
Def: 2 - 11
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 20 - 29
Speed: 31

I'm worried about the low defense IV on the Quirky one, I want it to be able to survive, but I'm also amazed by the high SP.Def/Sp. Atk and Speed values. The modest one gets a free boost to Sp. Atk since I won't be using physical moves. Thoughts?
Out of those two, the Modest one. I think you should probably prioritise defensiveness over offensiveness though, Venusaur's not exactly sweeper material. Also, see if you can keep breeding, using one of those as a parent. Shoot for more HP too.

I've been breeding in Emerald for a while now but this is the first time that the Old Man has said that one of my Pokemon is Wonderfully Outstanding, does this mean ensure that my Doduo has 25+ in every stat (Not counting the Perfect Defense and Speed that he already told me it has). I ask this because I've gotten 20+ in each stat before but he always says impressive when it happens...

May I ask what would be a good spread for a Bulky DD Gyarados with 184 Spe EVs? It will also be equipped with a Wacan Berry.

I am using [216 HP / 16 Atk / 132 Def / 144 Spe] as the current spread, however 216 HP allows it to survive five entries into Stealth Rock only with Leftovers. Since I'm using a Wacan Berry, this would probably not apply anymore. Also, do those Atk points really add much in terms of damage for it?

Assuming I drop points in HP / Atk / Def, what spread would be recommended to achieve a total of 184 Spe EVs while still keeping it bulky enough to survive at least one Thunderbolt from most, if not all, OU threats with the berry?
Anyone?

I've been breeding in Emerald for a while now but this is the first time that the Old Man has said that one of my Pokemon is Wonderfully Outstanding, does this mean ensure that my Doduo has 25+ in every stat (Not counting the Perfect Defense and Speed that he already told me it has). I ask this because I've gotten 20+ in each stat before but he always says impressive when it happens...
From the breeding guide's section on the IV man:
"I would say is wonderfully outstanding in ability!"
-> the total of the six IVs is a number between 151 and 186 (average IV is greater than 25)
That should answer your question.

I had this on the wrong section(Wi-Fi) so sorry for the repost

Hi all quick question on false swipe on Smeargle beside leveling him to 100 what else can I give him to make that attack stronger ?
I don't know how and probably don't have the patients to EV it.

I'm basically using him just to catch other pokemon.

lvl 46
Smeargle @ (Exp. Share)
Naughty
ABILITY: Technician
-False Swipe
-Mean Look
-Miracle Eye
-Sleep Powder

Is giving him calcium or Protein now matter? or should I wait till he hits 100 ?

Thanks for the help in advance

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Just repeating myself, hoping people see it now that they are awake.
Clefairy learns it as a E/FL Move Tutor. After the Pal Parking, and using a Moon Stone, there is the chance it will switch abilities to Magic Guard.

No.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Hi all quick question on false swipe on Smeargle beside leveling him to 100 what else can I give him to make that attack stronger ?
Throw as many Proteins at him as he can take, then EV train him in Attack.

A better method is to breeding chain False Swipe onto a Shroomish, keep it unevolved until it learns Spore, then evolve it, max Attack EVs, and level it to 100.

If you use sleep-talk on something with a choice item while sleeping, is it locked onto sleep-talk? Also, once the choice user wakes up, is it still locked onto sleep-talk or can I use rest and then sleep talk again?

Throw as many Proteins at him as he can take, then EV train him in Attack.

A better method is to breeding chain False Swipe onto a Shroomish, keep it unevolved until it learns Spore, then evolve it, max Attack EVs, and level it to 100.
OK I'm a total newb at breading and EV's so lets see if i have this straight.

adament (False Swipe) male Scyther + female adament Parasect (everstone) = adament male paras (False Swipe)

then

adament male paras (False Swipe) + female adament Breloom (everstone) =
adament sroomish (false swipe)

then level up fighting only gyrados with exp share (atlas 128 of them) and give it protein ?

by the way has anyone made a breeding chaining guide?

Can this forretress work?

Brave
Leftovers/Shed Shell
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Zap Cannon
Payback
Revenge
Explosion
I would never use this set.
Foretress should just stick to what it does best: Spinning and Spiking.
Foretress is not meant to be a sweeper of any kind.

I just got a Careful Moltres off the GTS and its IV's are:
26/21/24/5/31/6

Can anyone give me a decent moveset and EV spread for it?

with it's good defences, I'd use the stall set:

Moltres@leftovers
Bold
248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe

Flamethrower
Roost
Substitute
Toxic/Will o Wisp
Yeah, but it's CAREFUL. I need something based on that set, but sort of...reversed because of its nature.

Earlier--I think in this thread-- I saw someone mention that EV Training is easier with vitamins, Pokerus, and "the items"

What items are considered besides Macho Brace?

I know about the vitamins and Pokerus.

Also, what is the general feeling of everyone regarding cloning? Does anyone mind it? (emerald/dp)

Earlier--I think in this thread-- I saw someone mention that EV Training is easier with vitamins, Pokerus, and "the items"

What items are considered besides Macho Brace?

I know about the vitamins and Pokerus.

Also, what is the general feeling of everyone regarding cloning? Does anyone mind it? (emerald/dp)
They mean power items which are available via battle tower bp store. Their like macho brace but better, but their is one for each stat. No one cares if you clone via emerald or via AR/GTS as long as the pokemon is legit.

EDIT: Beaten by kursed on the power items. And incase you don't know macho brace 2x evs, but power items are +4 ivs. So w/pkrs and a power item a pokemon that normally gives 1 ev would give you 10. Power items go before pkrs. so it would be..
(1+4)*2 = 10
(2+4)*2=12
(3+4)*2=14

Obviously Power items >macho brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)