Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some routers just aren't compatible with the DS/Pokemon games. The Wii was made with a wider range of acceptable signals.

You can solve this problem by buying a gadget-thing to plug into your router/pc in order to translate the signal for you, or you can simply just buy a different router--but that would obviously be more expensive.
I read from a website that my router was able to work with it, Im also pretty sure it use to work I think it stopped working after I used the mystery gift option.

Some routers just aren't compatible with the DS/Pokemon games. The Wii was made with a wider range of acceptable signals.

You can solve this problem by buying a gadget-thing to plug into your router/pc in order to translate the signal for you, or you can simply just buy a different router--but that would obviously be more expensive.
Note that the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector has been discontinued due to patent issues.

Alternatives exist. Laptops with an unused wireless card that are connected to your network in another way can share their internet connection via their wireless cards. OSX does this out of the box and is simple enough to set up (although DHCP won't work so you'll have to manually configure your DS's IP address.) Other OS distributions, I'm not sure about.

In any case, yeah, usually you need to manually configure your DS's TCP/IP settings in your situation.

If I use swords dance on one pokemon (say garchomp) and then switch him out... If I switch him back in later, will the attack bonus from swords dance still be in effect?

If I use swords dance on one pokemon (say garchomp) and then switch him out... If I switch him back in later, will the attack bonus from swords dance still be in effect?
No. If you switch out you lose all increases and decreases in stats.
... and that is why people use Roar/Whirlwind to force switches to cancel stat boosts. :)

If it kept the stat boosts..... dear god......

That would probably change everything..

Is this Makuhita worth keeping?
Nature: Impish
Ability: Guts
IV's: 0-5 HP/ 22-29 Atk/ 0-6 Def/ 19-26 Sp.Atk/ 24-31 Sp.Def/ 0-8 Spe

HP: Water BP: 63

There is a thread for that on wifi, you might want to use that instead.
I wouldn't keep tough, it is supposed to be defensive but it has terrible HP and defense.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
what's a good Nasty Plot/Calm Mind baton passer? it's because im trying to get a Nasty Plot or a Calm Mind onto my Deoxys-S for some extreme sweeping
Well, ideally you'd want something with different typing than your recipient, so that rules out Hypno and Celebi/Espeon as NP / CM passers respectively. Ambipom is the fastest Plot-passer, Togekiss is the most sturdy and can actually become an offensive threat with those boosts. So yeah, those are basically your choices.

Does Worry Seed change the opponent's abilty to Insomnia for the duration of the battle or until it switches out?
Worry Seed, contrary to the in game text, does not change the user's ability. It just prevents the opponent form going to sleep as long as its in. The only use I could see for it is on something like SubSeeding Jumpluff when you need to stop somemone Resting and you don't have Taunt.

Well, ideally you'd want something with different typing than your recipient, so that rules out Hypno and Celebi/Espeon as NP / CM passers respectively. Ambipom is the fastest Plot-passer, Togekiss is the most sturdy and can actually become an offensive threat with those boosts. So yeah, those are basically your choices.
You could also use Togekiss to set up CM. Take advantage of the boosts for a while, then when Togekiss is about be KOed the next turn by a slow opponent, you can pass.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Worry Seed, contrary to the in game text, does not change the user's ability. It just prevents the opponent form going to sleep as long as its in. The only use I could see for it is on something like SubSeeding Jumpluff when you need to stop somemone Resting and you don't have Taunt.
This is incorrect. Worry Seed does in fact change the target's ability to Insomnia, but it is also known to specifically fail against Truant or Multitype.

Togekiss is probably your best option. Maybe Celebi if you can pass a substitute. In my experience with Deoxys-S you probably want reflect support to prevent something simple like a Lucario's extremespeed or Metagross' bullet punch from ruining your plans. Togekiss can set this up while baton passing stats down.

Do many people breed for perfect/very good IVs? I know that they are important, as are all other aspects, but is it completely necessary? I EV train and breed for Hidden Power and the correct natures, but is it necessary that IVs be bred for too? It is just so tedious and I'm not so sure as to if it will certainly pay off. I know it is possibleee that you stay alive with the 1 extra HP point that your IV gives you... but granted the probability of this, is it really worth it?

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
It's necessary if you want to play pokemon competitively, it's not completely nessecary to breed all with 30-31 IV's in the stats, just the main ones should range about 25-31, and as for EV's they are nessecary because it's what gives your pokemon the boost up in attacks to defeat certain things and resist them. There is a little magic trick called Pokesav, you should really try it.

It will pay off a lot. If your Umbreon survives a Deoxys-S Superpower with 28 hp and then OHKOs with Payback, you have breeding for good defences to thank. Also, if you are breeding for Hidden Power, how are you not breeding for good IVs. Good hidden powers (65+) require at least 2 perfect IVs each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)