Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything fast can be great with taunt as a lead pokemon. Azelf and Crobat work well in this regard.

General bulkyness and a setup move is amazing with taunt. Gyarados and Tyranitar are two great examples.

Mewtwo and Darkrai are two good taunters in ubers. Taunting blissey and setting up often leads to a win.

Taunt + sucker punch is a nice combination. Spiritomb does this well.

Taunt is an amazing move on Baton Passers like Giiscor to prevent phazing and status on the reciever. If only Ninjask learned taunt!

I see alot of Bastiodons with taunt in UU. Toxicroak, too.

Taunt is a nice move on honchkrow, because it forces the opponent to attack, and honchkrow can sucker punch it...It's better used with substitute though since honchy has paper defenses.

I suppose it could. They deal the same damage. However, superpower weakens over time. On a Choice Bander it could work but not on the swords dancer.

sorry im new to all the platinum stuff
how has it affected the metagame?

A few points i had in mind:

1. why is skymin not uber? 80% SpDef drop and 60% Flinch doesnt sound so pleasing when it is so fast.
What are some reliable counters to it in both OU and Ubers?
2. is there now more need for physical walls for the 50 outragers out there? including Dialga and Palkia in Ubers
3. Can Anything Stop Nasty Plot Darkrai?
4. Is Salamence officially the best Physical Sweeper in OU now that it has the DD-Outrage Combo, and consequently, is Dragonite out of a job?

personally, i feel like keeping Dragonite cus its a solid counter to Skymin, and it can pull off dragon dances easier due to its bulkiness and better equiped with a Yache Berry. Salamence, even with Intimidate I dont think can take too many hits

Is it known 100% that rotom formes dont work on wifi? I know that the sprites will revert back to normal, but is it confirmed that the base stats revert too? Since all rotom formes have the same typing all one would have to look at is the stats. If not can somone test this with me please.

people are currently using"skymin" on their teams and i m wondering if it was shaymin in its sky forme or land form because i heard sky forme does not work on wifi

sorry im new to all the platinum stuff
how has it affected the metagame?

A few points i had in mind:

1. why is skymin not uber? 80% SpDef drop and 60% Flinch doesnt sound so pleasing when it is so fast.
What are some reliable counters to it in both OU and Ubers?
2. is there now more need for physical walls for the 50 outragers out there? including Dialga and Palkia in Ubers
3. Can Anything Stop Nasty Plot Darkrai?
4. Is Salamence officially the best Physical Sweeper in OU now that it has the DD-Outrage Combo, and consequently, is Dragonite out of a job?

personally, i feel like keeping Dragonite cus its a solid counter to Skymin, and it can pull off dragon dances easier due to its bulkiness and better equiped with a Yache Berry. Salamence, even with Intimidate I dont think can take too many hits
1. No official testing has been done like with Chomp.
2. Metagross has always done physical walling very well in ubers.
3. Blissey, since they usually run NP/Dark void/Sub/Dark Pulse
4. Nite still has some redeeming qualities, like Focus Punch and Superpower, but is definately much less common. You can't determine the best physical sweeper in OU, but it is definately one of the best.

Edit: sorry for the double post

Sooooooooo, since Platinum is out, am I allowed to use stuff like Leaf Blade Victreebel without getting yelled at on wifi? Are other people starting to use Platinum tutored pokes?

I don't really have Platinum but I am anxious to use him on wifi, so I was going to uhhhhhh, hack it on to him... :/ Would that be considered illegal because he can learn it in one of the games, but I do not own said game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)