Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Macho Brace or any of the Power items achieve the same purpose but don't remove flying type. Lagging Tail makes you always go last, but its not programmed into shoddy.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It doesn't "remove" Flying type in the same vein Roost does because the Flying types are still vulnerable to Rock, Ice, and Electric and resist Fighting and Bug all the same.

[/nitpicking]

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Is there a possible reason that, on Shoddy, my Rating (the range seen by using /record, ie; 1500 - 1600) on Suspect is lower than just about everyone with a similar Conservative Rating Estimate (those with both higher and lower)?

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's simply because you've played more matches, and so the deviation has come down to a small margin. E.g. on my Legacy Raider account I have a CRE of 1570 but a rating of 1590 - 1660, whereas on my LR account I have a CRE of ~1300 but a rating of 1600 - 1900.

Once those other people around your CRE play more matches and win/lose the same amount they've been doing so far, then their ratings will come down too.

LR.

How do I do the link thing with my Trade Thread. I don't know how to do the thing where you put like Trade Thread where it actually links you to your thread. Anyone who's done this please help. I want it to say Welcome to the Underground and have a link to there

How do I do the link thing with my Trade Thread. I don't know how to do the thing where you put like Trade Thread where it actually links you to your thread. Anyone who's done this please help. I want it to say Welcome to the Underground and have a link to there
I don't know how you did that ^ Anyway, I can help you I think. Let's take this page as an example:

[ url=http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1690227#post1690227]This thread.[/url ]

Remove the spaces and you get.

This thread.

So if you'd want to link to another thread, just change the link. If you want different text to appear, change the text. :)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes. The best way to chain Ditto is to lead with a SYnch, switch to an UNoun or whatever, then catch.

Actually the best way to catch is to have your Synch fainted and lead with a Magikarp and catch in a Net Ball.

Question for Americans:
Is it true that If you quit college, you have to pay back the money that fafsa* let you use?

*(the thing that pays for your education depending on how much your parents make)

Smogon's own database says that the King's Rock gives moves "without a secondary effect" a chance to flinch. What constitutes a secondary effect for the purposes of a move? I assume that something like a status ailment or a stat change counts, but does it have to be a completely "vanilla" move, like say, Tackle? Do things like increased priority, increased crit chance or never missing count as "secondary effects"?

I'm about to catch/release the trio in Diamond, but out of the team I have raised so far, none of them have anhy decent status moves. What would be the best pokemon to pick up from the Sinnoh dex to use as a catcher for the pixies?

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Basically a good catcher is a strong pokemon that can use False Swipe. Just level up a Sneasel and teach it False Swipe and start throwing your ultra balls. But you can also trade for some master balls.

Scarlet Spyder said:
Can you soft reset the Pokemon that appear in the Trophy Garden?
You can. Just stand before talking to the man, save, and talk to him. If you don't like the pokemon you get, reset. You don't need to change the ds time/date for that.

Would it be legal to delete a game's save file using an external device?

More specifically, I found out that starting a new game on Pokémon Rnager: Shadows of Almia and saving doesn't erase the Ranger Net data, used for the missions which give you downloadable Pokémon. Instead, I borrowed my brother's flash cart and erased the entire save file that way.

So, is this frowned upon or not? It's hard to tell, since it's a lot different from how D/P work... In my opinion, it's just like restarting D/P to get the legends again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)