Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Trainer ID and Secret ID determine which 'spreads' - IV and nature combinations - are shiny. By RNGing it you can get shinies with top-quality sets, whereas normally shinies have mediocre stats.

If you just want flawless Pokemon, you don't need to do it.

If you want to get started RNGing, my advice is use a high-levelled, static legendary. My first - and to date only - RNG captures were Dialga and Palkia in Platinum. Both near-flawless Jolly. Ideally have access to Emerald so you can clone Master Balls and Pal Park them across. If you don't have Master Balls, a "one-under" Pokemon is strongly advised - a Pokemon with a speed slightly less (ideally 1 less) than the speed of the legendary if you hit your spread. If the one-under Pokemon attacks before the legendary, then you know you missed your spread and can immediately retry.

okay i suck at rng-ing and have spent 4 hours catching synched timid heatrans for HP Grass and just came across a 1/21/28/10/31/19 iv-ed one (base 65 HP Grass)
it would be a MS Heatran with an ev spread of 6 def, 252spa, 252 spe

should i keep it?
or is the lack of hp ivs going to harm me? please help me and i thank you in advanced for your help.

haunter

Banned deucer.
the IVs are terrible, try again. Also, ask this kind of questions in the WiFi section, there's a specific thread there.

Smogon has pretty much become the main hub for competitive Pokemon discussion in English-speaking countries. Does the Japanese community revolve around a single Smogon-like site/forum too?

Question about EVs:

Let's say I want to EV train a Pokemon from Lv. 1. If I put that Pokemon at the head of my party, switch it out at the start of battle, and let a second Pokemon knock out our opponent, will Pokemon A still receive the EVs from that battle?

Thanks in advance!

Any non-level-100 Pokemon that appears in battle, even if it does not launch an attack, or that is holding an EXP Share, will get the full EVs. Its own Macho Brace, Power Items, and Pokerus will take effect.

haunter

Banned deucer.
water is an excellent defensive type, so yeah it can work as long as your team can deal with electric and grass attacks.

Is it worth moving 80 EVs from Attack to SpA for a Naive Scarf Flygon to guarantee a 2HKO on Specially-Defensive Skarmory with Fire Blast after Stealth Rock?

IMO Lead Machamp is the most troublesome lead in the current metagame. What lead can beat Machamp or otherwise, what can safely switch in to counter Machamp?

life orb modest heatran overheat can ohko machamp lead and maybe put SR in field, machamp anti-lead is just way to much of a pain, i sugest you get a rotom or dusknoir on your team to deal with him.

life orb modest heatran overheat can ohko machamp lead and maybe put SR in field, machamp anti-lead is just way to much of a pain, i sugest you get a rotom or dusknoir on your team to deal with him.
Overheat will not 100% OHKO Machamp while Dynamic Punch will 100% OHKO Heatran. I guess Lum Berry Metagross can work as it outspeeds and Meteor Mash is a 2HKO.

will not ohko 100% of the time, that is why i said it CAN but i never said it WILL! how the fuck is he so bulky anyway? meh, stick with lum berry gross then, works good too.

Specs Heatran can OHKO machamp. Additionally, you can KO metagross through its Occa Berry.

My question is, does Heart Swap work on a pokemon behind a sub?

Edit: found out it does, nvm.

How do I get the national Pokedex in Platinum?
I've seen 209 Pokemon (all but Rotom) and I talk to Rowan but professor Oak doesn't show up.

No, I'm missing Rotom (seeing them, don't own them all). But I read that I only needed to have seen 150 to get the national dex.

not catch! you just need to see then! catch is just optional, that is why i just slashed. but you need to see ALL of the sinnoh dex pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)