Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
OK, I'm trying to connect to the Smogon server in Shoddy, but it keeps giving me a message saying "an error occurred while attempting to connect to the server: connection reset". Is this a problem with my computer, or with the Smogon server?
I'm getting a very similar problem, it says:

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server:

Software caused connection abort: recv failed"

Is there anything we can do to fix it or do the admins need to reboot the server (etc.)?

I'm getting a very similar problem, it says:

Software caused connection abort: recv failed"

Is there anything we can do to fix it or do the admins need to reboot the server (etc.)?
I'm getting this error too. :/

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This sucks, now I can't even get onto Team Uber. It's gotten too crowded with all the people who've migrated from the smogon server.

Since I got home this evening, everytime I try to get onto any server (EDIT: only Smogon and CAP) on Shoddy I always get "Error: Timed Out". This is the first time this has happened. Is it because the server is overloaded? Can anyone help?

Yeah I think the servers may be down.

It freezes on the connection screen for a few minutes and then pops up with a message "Error: connection reset"

i just downloaded Shoddy battle and made my team
than i went to the smogon server and i saw like 250\500 ppl
now i came back and i saw 0\500 in th smogon server and i cant log in,
getting the massege:
Connection timed out: connect"

i saw that some more guys here have problem like mine but mine massege is little different,
and i hope that its just cause the server is down and that i be able to play in smogon server too.

Tyranitar - There is no way to lower the lag, but either cleaning off your hard drive, or installing more RAM, or maybe speeding up your clock speed. (Clock speed being processor)

Oh, shoddy at around this time is useless. Ten minutes for one battle. Cant you speed it up so that we dont spend ages for a battle?

@P4ntless - On the find tab, there should be an unrated. Click the tier on the bar, and challenge someone. If what you mean is like the ladder without your rating changing, there is no such thing.

So when I'm building a timid Zapdos, the "incorrect IVs" message keeps showing up (even when I input the IVs of an actual Zapdos I have ingame). The main problem is that I want HP Ice, but I can't find a "legal" combination. If it's possible, could someone help me surpass this problem.

EDIT: Ha, I found one immediately after I posted this. Still, I'd like to know why my legit IVs aren't accepted. (For reference, the IVs are 4/13/22/17/23/31.)

So when I'm building a timid Zapdos, the "incorrect IVs" message keeps showing up (even when I input the IVs of an actual Zapdos I have ingame). The main problem is that I want HP Ice, but I can't find a "legal" combination. If it's possible, could someone help me surpass this problem.

EDIT: Ha, I found one immediately after I posted this. Still, I'd like to know why my legit IVs aren't accepted. (For reference, the IVs are 4/13/22/17/23/31.)
It's likely because they have different natures.

when i use shoddy and get a battle partner, i can't do anything. i go to the move screen and it's blank. i go to the switch screen, and it's blank. i then have to kindly tell my partner that it's not working and i have to give up (the chat still works for some reason...)

what do i do?

No, the natures are the same. I would guess it has something to do with how it calculates "incorrect" IVs, but I have no idea what the exact problem would be.

I've had a problem running shoddy on my 2nd computer, my netbook.

It started ever since I went to a hotel that required one to pay to access the internet. I have long since been away from that hotel, but since then, shoddy would not work.

Java says it is unable to launch the applications, and when I click "details", one of the things it shows is a link to the hotel's internet access site. The website doesn't work, either.

So, because of this, I can not run shoddy on my netbook. Is it possible to fix, or am I screwed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)