"Ask a simple question, get a simple answer" mark 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Choice Scarf raises your speed 50%, but locks you into one attack, which you can reset by switching out. It can be bought for 48 BP at the Battle Tower.

It's per hit. So if it hits twice, it basically does the same damage as Earthquake (unless they have a Substitute)
So wouldn't it be better to put Bonemerang on a cubone/marowak over EQ b/c Bonemerang could break the Substitute the first time and till do damage, while EQ would only break the Sub?

So wouldn't it be better to put Bonemerang on a cubone/marowak over EQ b/c Bonemerang could break the Substitute the first time and till do damage, while EQ would only break the Sub?
Yes, except Bonemarang has 10% less Acc.

Is Giratina any good as Adamant?

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, Giratina has two excellent attacking types in ubers and almost nothing there likes to switch into stab ghost or dragon attacks and he learns earthquake and flamethrower for steels.

Would Leaf Storm/Leaf Blade/Brick Break/Swords Dance work on a mixed Sceptile? Leaf Storm would be a big hitter, and I could just use Leaf Storm once, and the disadvantages wouldn't spread to the physical moves. I would probably use Life Orb with that, or maybe Lefties.
Reposting my question.

For Mix Sceptile, I'd use Leaf Storm/Focus Punch/Energy Ball or Grass Knot/HP Ice. I wouldn't use Leaf Storm on SD as it doesn't help it beat its resists.

Sort of a dumb question from a WiFi newb, but is a connection all I need to battle people? I found out I can hit two bars out of three if I sit in my backyard, so is that all I need? Respond quickly, as the fate of my summer hangs in the balance! Thanks.

Sort of a dumb question from a WiFi newb, but is a connection all I need to battle people? I found out I can hit two bars out of three if I sit in my backyard, so is that all I need? Respond quickly, as the fate of my summer hangs in the balance! Thanks.
yes

Do the berries that weaken super-effective hits, such as the Yache berry for ice weaknesses, weaken all of that type super-effective attacks directed to the holding Pokemon, or only one and then the berry is "consumed"?

Do the berries that weaken super-effective hits, such as the Yache berry for ice weaknesses, weaken all of that type super-effective attacks directed to the holding Pokemon, or only one and then the berry is "consumed"?
It only weakens 1 attack and it only weakens it by 1 stage. AKA:

Dragonite@ Yache berry

Starmie Used Ice Beam.

Yache Berry protected Dragonite from 4x damage, reducing the toll to 2x damage.

Yache Berry was used up. (if this is a battle in Battle Tower or WiFi/Union room, then you get it back after the battle is done)

for the new Ev items like power ankle

they are supposed to give you 4 Ev's of a specific stat after you battle,

will this double from the effect of pokerus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)