Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivalry boosts your attack by 1.25x against an opponent of same gender. It does not lower the attack if the gender is opposite. It just doesn't do anything
Complete damage formula says:

Rivalry - UA = 1.25 if the user is of the same gender as the targeted Pokémon, UA = 0.75 if the user is of the opposite gender of the targeted Pokémon

Are you sure?

Ok so rivalry works that if they are opposite gender attack is x0.75? Where do you get the formula? I do trust you but the ingame text and other websites don't even hint that the attack should be lowered by opposite gender :/

The Pokeradar only works while your in grass. So no shiny Magikarp.
I was talking in theory, is it the pokeradar itself that increases the odds of them being shiny, or encountering a lot of one pokemon. I'm saying if it's just encountering a lot of one pokemon, then you coul chain magikarps with an old rod. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, it was just a random thought at the time.

Ok so rivalry works that if they are opposite gender attack is x0.75? Where do you get the formula? I do trust you but the ingame text and other websites don't even hint that the attack should be lowered by opposite gender :/
In-Game text for ability's is definitely not trustworthy in any shape size or form. If it were, there would be a snowstorm weather condition and silliness like that.

There should also be a post about Rivalry in the research thread.

Me and SePh tested this a long time ago and here's what happened

Darkrai vs Choice Band Chansey

Darkrai used Dark Void!
SePh's Chansey fell asleep!
Chansey is fast asleep!
Chansey used Sleep Talk!
Chansey used Hyper Beam!
(1% damage!)

Next turn
Darkrai used Dark Void!
*no effect*
Chansey is fast asleep!
Chansey used Sleep Talk!
*animation*
But it failed!

Interesting, so does this mean CSHera is locked into it's Sleep Talked move? I guess my Hera was locked into SleepTalk Stone Edge then. Well that sort of defeats the whole Sleep Talk purpose...

I'm currently breeding Bagons, aiming for a flawless one.

ATM, and I'm just getting started, I have:
Father:
30-31 ATT / 30-31 SP.DEF
Mother:
30-31 ATT / 28-29 SP.ATT

and I just bred a 30-31 DEF / 30 - 31 SP.DEF Male Bagon

My question is, should I switch fathers?

Thanks in advance.

I was talking in theory, is it the pokeradar itself that increases the odds of them being shiny, or encountering a lot of one pokemon. I'm saying if it's just encountering a lot of one pokemon, then you coul chain magikarps with an old rod. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, it was just a random thought at the time.
Oh. In that case, yes, it's the PokeRadar itself and not just encountering alot of one Pokemon that increases the chances of it being shiny. The frustrating thing about it though is you must see all those Pokemon IN A ROW, or else your chain will be broken. It's pretty complicated, so I won't go into further detail.

Would having two different Deoxys (F and L for example) in the same team break the species clause?
Im not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that yes, 2 different Deoxys does violate species clause.

If you breed for a breloom in emerald, will you be able to get one with poison heal or do you have to breed in dp for it?

I got a Darkrai in a trade from someone. The OT is Pokemon Movie 2007, but when I checked its IVs I found that they were 31/7/31/31/31/31. This makes me very skeptical, as I highly doubt they'd be 31 across the board except for attack. I know there's an AR code to run into Pokemon with perfect IVs, but to my knowledge there isn't one where you can edit individual IVs. So what do you think? Hacked or no?

If you breed for a breloom in emerald, will you be able to get one with poison heal or do you have to breed in dp for it?
You can still get a Poison Heal Breloom by breeding in Emerald, but you will need it to be a Shroomish upon trading it to D/P, and then evolving the Shroomish after its already in D/P. The ability may change upon evolution.

However, if you evolve it in Emerald, then theres no way to get PH Breloom.

I meant moves like swift. Mainly need to know Water Spout. Are they all 75% or is there a list or something? Thanks btw.
All moves that hit multiple pokemon in Double Battles with be reduced to 75 percent of normal power. This includes Explosion, EQ, Water Spout etc...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The Darkrai is very likely to be hacked.
There's a program called Pokesav

Also, check the Darkrai. Is it Japanese? Is it from "Eigakan" and is its ID 07147?

Another question...

Does fake out always make you go first or do you still have to outspeed the opponent for flinch benefit?

So fakeout is like protect; always goes first, eh?

So can you tell me if I have this right:

Hariyama with Toxic Orb and Guts ability

First turn: Use fake out opponent flinches no matter what despite your own horrible speed
Second turn: Toxic Orb activates (it doesn't work on first turn right?) and Guts ability gives your 1.5x attack power
Now attack with 1.5x power ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)