Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
There is no "best" Flying Pokemon. Flying Pokemon represent a variety of roles and types, so it's like an extreme "apples and oranges" situation.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Between Fearow and Staraptor, Staraptor is unequivocally better. Staraptor and Fearow have the same Speed, but Staraptor gets Close Combat to deal with the Rock and Steel types that commonly plague Normal/Flying types, more Attack, and Intimidate, which is certainly better than Keen Eye.

Can someone give me a better wall than the shuckle I'm using? Blissey doesn't count... I'm thinking Bronzong, but I'd like a second or third opinion...

Two berry-related questions.

Does Salac berry activate at the end of the pokemon's turn or the end of the round?

With berries that reduce a damage type (Yache berry for Ice) does it reduce the base power of the attack or the final damage, and by how much?

The description of 'Huge Power' says that if the stat is changed the power is weakened, so will a swords dance (etc) have no effect? Could anyone tell me how this works?

Two berry-related questions.

Does Salac berry activate at the end of the pokemon's turn or the end of the round?

With berries that reduce a damage type (Yache berry for Ice) does it reduce the base power of the attack or the final damage, and by how much?
Stat increasing berries activate after both Pokemon attack. I'm pretty sure.

Salac Berry and co activate at the end of the round. With regards to the second question, it makes no difference, as sticking a ÷2 anywhere in the equation will have the same effect, surely?

Salac Berry and co activate at the end of the round. With regards to the second question, it makes no difference, as sticking a ÷2 anywhere in the equation will have the same effect, surely?
Actually, iirc berries activate as soon as the Poke holding it reaches the activation HP in fourth gen.

So, hypothetical situation:

Garchomp uses EQ
Metagross reaches activation HP or lower
Liechi berry activates
Metagross OHKOs with Meteor Mash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)