Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much damage does a +2 modest 252 sp attack volcarona Bug Buzz do to chandelure with NO defensive nature or EV's.
Sometimes I fight a roost/quiverdance/fiery dance/bug buzz varient and chandy is pretty much my only answer to that if it sets up :(

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think he means Rest. Either way Heatran can wall most Volcaronas and Roar them out. Another good way to deal with Volcarona is run Taunt Toxic Jellicent (Burungeru!!), which literally stops the morning sun and rest variants cold.

Cofagrigus
Bold
252 HP – 136 Def – 120 SpD
- Rest
- Haze
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

This is the Cofagrigus I found in an analysis on Smogon.
I want to use the Bulky Hazer too, but I've only got acces to a Calm one.
Should I change its EV's then to make it work perfect?

Is it possible to have Dragon Pulse on a Charizard with Solar Power?

I was informed that it was not, but I need some verification.

Is it possible to have Dragon Pulse on a Charizard with Solar Power?

I was informed that it was not, but I need some verification.
All Dreamworld Charmanders have been male. Dreamworld abilities are passed down through females, so this means Dreamworld Charizards cannot have egg moves. Dragon Pulse is now an egg move for Charmander and no longer a TM. Therefore, Solar Power Charizard cannot learn it.

Italicized words are pending changes.
[pimg]282[/pimg]
Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Modest|Trace
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP
Icy Wind
Destiny Bond
Psychic
Hidden Power Fire

I know this is walled by Heatran, don't remind me. Icy Wind is there for Dragon-types and to hopefully cause a switch, where I can use Icy Wind again to my advantage of technically a temporary +1 Speed stat. Psychic is for the usual STAB, and Hidden Power Fire is for when I come across Scizor or Escavalier. Destiny Bond is self-explanatory. (And is why I am debating over Timid or Modest.) Icy Wind can also stop Landorus, and either it gets KO'd the next turn, or the switch-in gets a -1 Speed.
So, what item is best suited for this Gardevoir? Should I run Timid or Modest?

34.5-40.6%

It's not even a 2HKO unless you have rocks.

...also Volcarona can't learn Roost ._.
Thanks very much! That's great when I'm facing a varient without HP ground. Cause Volcarona is a bit of a pain.

I think he means Rest. Either way Heatran can wall most Volcaronas and Roar them out. Another good way to deal with Volcarona is run Taunt Toxic Jellicent (Burungeru!!), which literally stops the morning sun and rest variants cold.
My bad. Yes, I do remember it being rest now, after I would hit volcarona once after it gets a QD in, it rests and wakes up with a berry -_-. Really annoying.

Sadly I've found from experience that at +1 (i think) a volcarona fiery dance OHKO's my Empoleon, my SpDef wall! Its crazy.

Okay, so im really new to pokemon ( i played red, but a friend wanted me to learn black/white...)
Anyway, Im working on a decent lineup that can fight most things reliably >.<

So far I plan on having (when i get them all, missing suicune... :P) a:
Scizor - Physical sweeper (FAV POKEMON -- will not remove him lol)
Gengar - Special Sweeper
Conkuldurr (or Hydraigon) -- FIller? idk.
Jerachi (Or cresselia if i use heatran) -- Psychic wall. If using heatran, ill use cresselia, If h ydragon, ill use jerachi so i dont have too much steel.
Heatran (or Hydraigon) -- Idk, something. lol.
And
Suicune or Milotic -- ANother wall, water type

I havent gotten into dreamworld stuff, as im still new and learning. ANd dont really have much to trade people online for things i want :( So im trying to piece together something decent?

I dont know many people or where to even go to getting better at pokemon. Starting to read guides and stuff :(

I got a warning for posting this, cuz idk the EVs. I can get the natures if needed.... :/

Italicized words are pending changes.
[pimg]282[/pimg]
Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Modest|Trace
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP
Icy Wind
Destiny Bond
Psychic
Hidden Power Fire

I know this is walled by Heatran, don't remind me. Icy Wind is there for Dragon-types and to hopefully cause a switch, where I can use Icy Wind again to my advantage of technically a temporary +1 Speed stat. Psychic is for the usual STAB, and Hidden Power Fire is for when I come across Scizor or Escavalier. Destiny Bond is self-explanatory. (And is why I am debating over Timid or Modest.) Icy Wind can also stop Landorus, and either it gets KO'd the next turn, or the switch-in gets a -1 Speed.
So, what item is best suited for this Gardevoir? Should I run Timid or Modest?
Honestly, I'd scrap that whole set and make her a dedicated Weather counter.

But if you're wanting to keep using this set, I'd go for a Timid nature. That way, she'll have a 50% chance of outspeeding Excadrill (depends on whether he's running Adamant or Jolly).

As for item, I'd recommend a Salac berry to boost Speed, but since Pinch berries haven't been released, Expert Belt or Sitrus Berry would be your best bet.

Honestly, I'd scrap that whole set and make her a dedicated Weather counter.

But if you're wanting to keep using this set, I'd go for a Timid nature. That way, she'll have a 50% chance of outspeeding Excadrill (depends on whether he's running Adamant or Jolly).

As for item, I'd recommend a Salac berry to boost Speed, but since Pinch berries haven't been released, Expert Belt or Sitrus Berry would be your best bet.
Okay, I'll probably use an Expert Belt, since HP Fire would dent Ferrothorn much better. I'll save the Sitrus Berry for my Gallade. I think my Gothitelle special wall will want that item more.

EDIT: I could also use a Fire Gem...

Cofagrigus
Bold
252 HP – 136 Def – 120 SpD
- Rest
- Haze
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

This is the Cofagrigus I found in an analysis on Smogon.
I want to use the Bulky Hazer too, but I've only got acces to a Calm one.
Should I change its EV's then to make it work perfect?
This, and also:
What are some good Aromatherapy/Heal Bell users?

^Shaymin, Celebii, Blissey and Chansey.

And yes you should change the EV's to make it work the best it can, considering you have WoW, make it have a SDef lean.

How do you add friends in the dream world?

Also anyone who wants too, feel free to add me :). DW name is the same as my forum name. (Kessaja)

-Kess

Cool, so just going off Smogon's movelists from gen 3, is this right in categorizing them?

8 Special:
Fire, Grass, Water, Psychic, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Ice

9 Physical:
Rock, Steel, Fighting, Normal, Flying, Ghost, Bug, Poison, Ground

How do you add friends in the dream world?

Also anyone who wants too, feel free to add me :). DW name is the same as my forum name. (Kessaja)

-Kess
When you randomly visit someones Dream House, you press 'Request Dream Pal' or something like that.
Unfortunately, that's the only way to befriend someone.

Okay, so im really new to pokemon ( i played red, but a friend wanted me to learn black/white...)
Anyway, Im working on a decent lineup that can fight most things reliably >.<

So far I plan on having (when i get them all, missing suicune... :P) a:
Scizor - Physical sweeper (FAV POKEMON -- will not remove him lol)
Gengar - Special Sweeper
Conkuldurr (or Hydraigon) -- FIller? idk.
Jerachi (Or cresselia if i use heatran) -- Psychic wall. If using heatran, ill use cresselia, If h ydragon, ill use jerachi so i dont have too much steel.
Heatran (or Hydraigon) -- Idk, something. lol.
And
Suicune or Milotic -- ANother wall, water type

I havent gotten into dreamworld stuff, as im still new and learning. ANd dont really have much to trade people online for things i want :( So im trying to piece together something decent?

I dont know many people or where to even go to getting better at pokemon. Starting to read guides and stuff :(

I got a warning for posting this, cuz idk the EVs. I can get the natures if needed.... :/
What I'll say is it's tough to completely judge without movesets. I'd ask which mon is your go-to sweeper in that group?

Can 3rd Gen move tutor moves be passed along as egg moves if ported to 5th gen?
No, Pokémon in BW have no way of learning moves only accessable in RSE or DPP

Cool, so just going off Smogon's movelists from gen 3, is this right in categorizing them?

8 Special:
Fire, Grass, Water, Psychic, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Ice

9 Physical:
Rock, Steel, Fighting, Normal, Flying, Ghost, Bug, Poison, Ground
Yes

I just discovered first-hand why sometimes you can find, say, a Shellos in a search for a Vulpix on GTS :)

I hatched a Dream World-ability female blue Shellos and gave it a dumb nickname like I usually do (DW slug), and I went on GTS and traded it for somebody's Vulpix. The trade took longer than usual to occur, but I was happy when the trade happened rather than the game leaving the GTS. I went back and searched again for level 1 female Vulpixes from the USA, and there was my DW Slug, called a Vulpix, with Tom the trainer (me) asking for another female Shellos. I had another female Shellos so I tried trading with myself :rolleyes: but the game said "Unfortunately, this Pokemon has been traded to another trainer" or something similar.

Have any of the starters been released as females from the DW?
My efforts at finding a DW torchic or treecko have so far been unsuccessful :(

Have any of the starters been released as females from the DW?
My efforts at finding a DW torchic or treecko have so far been unsuccessful :(
Nope. But, Bond697 has RNG'ed pretty much every event DW Pokémon (I'm not sure if he did Mamo/Togekiss yet), and many people have them in the Wi-Fi forum.

Quick, if very in-depth, question. How would one go about creating a perfect IV competitive pokemon? The whole breeding and IV scene confuses me terribly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)