Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Some people use Imprison along with common VGC moves such as Protect, Trick Room, etc. This can screw up your strategy, obviously. Detect has the advantage of not being easily imprisoned.

I doubt that information is correct...

The reason as I understand it is that detect is less likely to be imprisoned (because it is less common and also because fewer mons learn detect+imprison)

You can save your event Celebi, sure. You'd just need another game to hold it in when you restart. Alternately you can get someone to hold it for you on their game while you restart, but make sure they'll give it back after you do.

For the record, the event ribbons only prevent GTS trading, not normal wifi trading or local trading.

Sweet thanks, that helps loads.

Is Salamence's dream world ability (I believe Moxie) released yet? I'm not sure because I haven't seen it in the list, but maybe it has.

nope.

and about the detect/protect thing... if smogon suggests detect... wont ppl run detect + imprison? sort of like speed creep ;P i got it tho.

thanks guys!

well, the point is that midgame is absolutely easy judging from the insane amount of Sandiles the game throws at you. The only hard part would probably be Skyla...

When I got in to White Forest, I was expecting more pokemon. How do I make more pokemons appear? From what I know, I have to go to other worlds through Entralink. Am I right?

Zoroark is the only VGC-legal Pokemon to get Detect + Imprison...
Also, Zorua, Azelf, and Smeargle are the only other Pokemon who can learn Detect+Imprison at all.

When I got in to White Forest, I was expecting more pokemon. How do I make more pokemons appear? From what I know, I have to go to other worlds through Entralink. Am I right?
Yes, you have to convince people in other people's black cities and white forests to come to your white forest if you want more pokemon to appear (don't worry, I don't think it lowers the number of people in your friends version).

Also, Zorua, Azelf, and Smeargle are the only other Pokemon who can learn Detect+Imprison at all.
the topic was on VGC, where Azelf and Smeargle are illegal, and nobody in their right mind will use a Zorua anyway.

[/derail]

You need another copy of Black/White(I'm not sure if its strictly the opposite version or you can do Black x Black etc). Use the IR feature, go to each others' BC/WF, talk to the NPCs in there.

the topic was on VGC, where Azelf and Smeargle are illegal, and nobody in their right mind will use a Zorua anyway.

[/derail]
I realize that (hence the also)... though for some reason I did read the initial question as being about gen IV (no idea why, curse you eyes).

[/end of derail]

This does bring a mind a question for me though. Namely, what have the rules for the various VGC's been? I know the most current one is Unova Pokemon only, but I'm curious about previous ones.

I'm having a bit of a problem with building a team in UU. Could I get some assistance? I've made a list here of some pokemon I'm considering using in UU, just don't know the best 6 to match up.

Weavile - Expert revenge killer with priority ice and pursuit + speed
Drapion - Sucks up tspikes, lays them, great physical bulk.
Milotic - Great wall, mixed if statused even.
Spiritomb - Great wall and utility movepool (i think)
Zoroark - Good sweeper in UU possibly.
Cofagrigus - Nice physical wall and utility overall.
Electross - Nice attacker.
Heatmor - I like him, how could I even make him work?
Sceptile - I've seen with unburden he has some powerful possiblity to sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)