Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much SAtk do I need to OHKO Gliscor with HP Ice?

According to my "personal" calcs I need exactly 298 SAtk to get 50% of a chance to OHKO it:

HP Ice on Gliscor (252 HP, 0 SDef)
324 - 384 = 91.5% - 108.5%

For a clean OHKO at least 326 SAtk:

HP Ice on Gliscor (252 HP, 0 SDef)
356 - 420 = 100.6% - 118.6%

If you ask me: I think those numbers are a bit off; too high for a mixed (physical) sweeper. Does anyone have experience in terms of killing Gliscor?
What is doing the OHKOing?

Your calculation is correct. 326 spatk is necessary to always OHKO 252/0 Gliscor. However, only 285 spatk is necessary if Stealth Rock is up.
Thanks to poison heal and the somewhat common use of protect on gliscor, it's probably best not to count on the SR damage.

Is Flash Fire even a good thing to consider for Arcanine? Intimidate just seems like it covers so much more ground. I don't see the point of even using flash fire. Is there one?

Is Flash Fire even a good thing to consider for Arcanine? Intimidate just seems like it covers so much more ground. I don't see the point of even using flash fire. Is there one?
Sun teams need something to absorb flash fire so arcanine is an option. Otherwise, I'd go with intimidate unless you have a gaping fire weakness.

what are the chances of a pokemon switching abilities when evolving?

thx in advance :)
Under normal circumstances, the Pokémon keeps its ability upon evolving or it changes to a set ability that the unevolved Pokémon doesn't have. For example: Karrablast gets No Guard in Dream World, but Escavalier can't have No Guard and Escavalier's Dream World ability is Overcoat. So if you evolve a No Guard Karrablast, it becomes an Overcoat Escavalier.

In the very rare circumstances that you put a Pokémon in a situation (due to 3rd-4th generation trading) where they keep an ability upon evolving outside of its regular ability upon evolving, the chance is 50%.

Two questions: One, who currenty is the best priority abuser for OU

and two, whos the best offensive check for scizor?

Two questions: One, who currenty is the best priority abuser for OU

and two, whos the best offensive check for scizor?
OU doesn't really have priority "abusers" like Technitop. The best priority user in OU is probably Scizor. And if by "offensive check" you mean offensive pokemon that can check Scizor, then there a lot of possible options, and none of them are really the "best." Volcarona and Rotom-W are some examples.

There's also Heatran, who also has a 4x resist to Steel and can OHKO every variant, though in the rain, the Specially Bulky version might survive.

haunter

Banned deucer.
because it 4x resists bullet punch, has good defence and can cripple it with will o wisp or 1\2hko with hydro pump\thunderbolt.

Can you post a battle in which the opponent rage quits in the Warstories section?

Where are the rules for the Warstories? I can only see the general site rules.

there arent any rules.

but people generally appreciate

a) a good battle (predictions, good teams)
b) percentages/sprites
c) good commentary
d) pretty close game

so a rage quit is okay as long as it isnt unprofessional like rage quitting in the middle of an excadrill sweep.

I've got to ask, is a 'Rage Quit' a type of combination of pokemon move? Like a tactic or something?

Because I read it and thought it was like, someone dropping out of a battle due to rage.

I've got to ask, is a 'Rage Quit' a type of combination of pokemon move? Like a tactic or something?

Because I read it and thought it was like, someone dropping out of a battle due to rage.
No, its when somebody gets really angry and frustrated and forfets. (often times it happens when stall teams are involved)

You were right the first time. Ragequitting is when someone gets angry at the progression of a battle and exits prematurely, forfeiting the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)