Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I meant the strongest move whatsoever in the game, not currently being used in the metagame. I know Specs Kyogre's Water Spout in the rain is a strong contender, but I think there are even stronger ones (Burned Guts Conkeldurr's Choice Banded Focus Punch? Swarm Scizor's Fifth Fury Cutter, Banded? Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam?)

Hello to everyone... I have this question now... I know the Quick Feet Ability does not take in count the paralysis speed drop when activated, but... what about the "unable to move" probability!? Thanks in advance C=

Hello to everyone... I have this question now... I know the Quick Feet Ability does not take in count the paralysis speed drop when activated, but... what about the "unable to move" probability!? Thanks in advance C=
When this Pokémon is statused, its Speed increases by 50%. Furthermore, the Speed drop of paralysis is nullified (but the chance of being "fully paralyzed" is not).
Got this quotation from the Smogon page, works ingame, too.

EDIT #705: The highest damage output, with legit movesets and abilities, without counting Rollout (where the highest damage output would belong to Shuckle), is a Darmanitan holding a Metronome on the 10th turn of using Flare Blitz with an Adamant nature, max Atk, +6 Atk boosts, in the Sun against a lvl 1 Paras with the Dry Skin ability with a -Def nature, -6 Def boosts, a 0 IV in def, with a Helping Hand boost, a Me First boost, and a Critical hit. This yeilds a maximum damage output of 22,039,884 damage.

Of course, this is nowhere near the maximum damage output Shuckle can give, at an absolutely jaw-dropping 360,949,532.

EDIT # 1,000: Can someone check Stored Power? I really need to stop running dmage calcs and get to work >.>
And there is no Huge Power involved in what I said before O.o

Codraroll

Cod Mod
^Thanks, but I also said "no stat boosts". No direct ones, at least (Huge Power, for instance, wouldn't count, but using Swords Dance to achieve the same effect would).

Wouldn't Punishment reach cruel amounts of damage against Pokémon with lots of boosts? I'm trying to compile a list of the strongest moves in terms of damage potential (not inflicted damage).

Also, does Smogon have a place for new members to say hello?

Also, does Smogon have a place for new members to say hello?
one of the downsides of a great site. it is strictly against forum rules to have an introduction thread, and the members curse at you if you make one. it is better to lurk around and get the feel of the forum before actually posting.

Wouldn't Punishment reach cruel amounts of damage against Pokémon with lots of boosts? I'm trying to compile a list of the strongest moves in terms of damage potential (not inflicted damage).
It has a power cap at 200. It reaches it's maximum when the opponent has seven stat boosts.
When working with stat boosts, don't forget Stored Power: Game Freaks apparently forget a power cap like Gyro Ball or Punishment, so it reaches a maximum base power of 740 - without accuracy and evasion; including those ones makes is 980 without STAB.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
one of the downsides of a great site. it is strictly against forum rules to have an introduction thread, and the members curse at you if you make one. it is better to lurk around and get the feel of the forum before actually posting.
Ahh... most other forums I've been on have a single thread for all newcomers to say hi in. With almost a hundred thousand members, I can't be the first to propose this, but again, there most be a good reason why we don't have one.

Also, thanks for the help, people! This question has nagged me for a loooong time. Onto making a full list...

I'm trying to make a standard OU hail stall team. I've decided to use the following tentacruel set:

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 216 Def / 72 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

My question is, which ability should I use? Rain Dish helps me take on rain better, especially since Tentacruel is a great switch-in to Politoed, while on the other hand Liquid Ooze is better against a few specific pokemon such as Ferrothorn (leech seed), Conkeldurr and Scrafty (Drain Punch), and Virizion (Giga Drain).

EDIT: Also, my only other pokemon so far is Abomasnow with Leech Seed, Blizzard, Wood Hammer and Substitute or Protect.

How competitively viable is Air Balloon Shedinja?
Shedinja is immune to all Ground-type moves without an Air Balloon, so it's only use would be for avoiding Spikes and Trick, in which case a better item could be used. Shedinja should always (unless using Trick) use Focus Sash unless you are more afraid of status in which case a Lum Berry is the most useful item for Shedinja. As far as avoiding Spikes goes, most teams that utilize spikes also run Stealth Rock and will more likely than not get Stealth Rock up as a first priority. Also, Lum Berry protects Shedinja from Toxic Spikes as well. So it's ultimately your call, but I would still use a Focus Sash or Lum Berry primarily

haunter

Banned deucer.
@immoral wombat: use rain dish, it's too useful to give it up, especially on a rain team and in tandem with protect.

What is the better move to use on an Amoonguss that I want to use on a Trick Room team: Protect or HP Ice? Protect buys a turn in which Amoonguss could be OHKO'd and HP Ice hits Dragon-types and the genies. I'm using a Sassy nature so I wanted to go for 0 Speed IVs; however, if I use HP Ice the minimum Speed IV I can have would be 2. I'm just kind of stuck on what the best choice(s) is/are for Amoonguss being used in TR. Any suggestions?

If you started your game twice in the same minute, would your RNG results be different?

I'm wondering if soft-resetting is really that effective or if you start the game in such rapid succession you are garunteed the same result.

Fun fact: Escavalier has the strongest Fury Cutter in the game

And soft resets aren't effective. As far as RNG goes, the time it takes to start your game does matter, but that's independent from any other time you start your game once you turn off the power or reset.

What is the better move to use on an Amoonguss that I want to use on a Trick Room team: Protect or HP Ice? Protect buys a turn in which Amoonguss could be OHKO'd and HP Ice hits Dragon-types and the genies. I'm using a Sassy nature so I wanted to go for 0 Speed IVs; however, if I use HP Ice the minimum Speed IV I can have would be 2. I'm just kind of stuck on what the best choice(s) is/are for Amoonguss being used in TR. Any suggestions?
New page.

For the first 2 turns, yes, but after that Scizor is immediately weaker. Also if you are ever planning on using Fury Cutter, make sure to use a Metronome
Ah. Was unsure at what Fury Cutter capped at because, you know, who the hell uses Fury Cutter?

And use HP Ice, TR turns are too valuable to pass up.

On another point, there's way too many better pokes for TR. Why Amoonguss of all things?

Ah. Was unsure at what Fury Cutter capped at because, you know, who the hell uses Fury Cutter?

And use HP Ice, TR turns are too valuable to pass up.

On another point, there's way too many better pokes for TR. Why Amoonguss of all things?
Well, Amoonguss has access to Spore and can make a good partner to TR Reuniclus, which is the sweeper of the team. Wouldn't Sporing/Stun Sporing everything to force a switch be efficient to allow Reuniclus to successfully sweep?

Spore, yes. But Stun Spore? Why would you want to make your opponents faster in TR?

I assume our plan is to Spore something, then set up TR, then sweep when the opportunity arises with Reuniclus, right? Considering you don't want to waste a TR turn sporing, why choose Amoonguss? I would've thought a faster Spore user would be better, to get out status before you set up your TR.

Edit: are you running Bulky Amoonguss with Regenerator or Effect Spore? With Regenerator, I can sort of see the point of using the mushroom to sponge hits, but overalls Effect Spore stands out to me as the better option if you're intending to spread status around a lot.

Not quite sure how viable this is, but my mind instantly springs to Breloom, as a user of Spore, and also having access to Effect Spore, and also being faster. I'd imagine you want to set up status before TR, instead of wasting the TR turns, so the extra speed to me seems quite handy. Plus, you get the benefit of...well, having a Breloom, so SubPunch away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)